Betcha never heard of THIS House caucus!

Oldguy

Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Neither had I, and I find it downright dangerous.

Membership | Unmanned Systems Caucus

Look who's providing the money to these jerks:

The Drone Makers And Their Friends In Washington | Fronteras Desk

This is truly an example of your liberties being for sale.

Even the supposedly liberal New York Times doesn't like it. Watch the cartoon video.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/19/o...?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20130219&_r=0

Add it to all the other BS thats going on and it sure dont give you the warm fuzzies.
Shits getting out of hand.....fast!!

Drones are taking to the skies in the U.S.

WASHINGTON — While a national debate has erupted over the Obama administration's lethal drone strikes overseas, federal authorities have stepped up efforts to license surveillance drones for law enforcement and other uses in U.S. airspace, spurring growing concern about violations of privacy.

The Federal Aviation Administration said Friday it had issued 1,428 permits to domestic drone operators since 2007, far more than were previously known. Some 327 permits are still listed as
active.

Operators include police, universities, state transportation departments and at least seven federal agencies. The remotely controlled aircraft vary widely, from devices as small as model airplanes to large unarmed Predators.

The FAA, which has a September 2015 deadline from Congress to open the nation's airspace to drone traffic, has estimated 10,000 drones could be aloft five years later. The FAA this week solicited proposals to create six sites across the country to test drones, a crucial step before widespread government and commercial use is approved.

Local and state law enforcement agencies are expected to be among the largest customers.

Earlier this month, TV footage showed a midsized drone circling over the bunker in southeast Alabama where a 65-year-old gunman held a 5-year-old boy hostage. After a tense standoff, an FBI team stormed the bunker, rescued the boy and shot his captor. Authorities refused to say who was operating the AeroVironment drone, which has a 9-foot wingspan.

Drones are taking to the skies in the U.S. - Los Angeles Times

Did you know Lockheed Martin gives money to PBS and sponsored a Drone Program recently? (Rise of the Drones) Mr H. posted a thread about it not long ago. Did you know Lockheed Martin makes Drones?

Here's PBS's response to this accusation:
""The PBS Nova broadcast 'Rise of the Drones' was sponsored by Lockheed-Martin — a clear violation of PBS's underwriting guidelines."

PBS | Ombudsman | Drones Are Real. So Are Perceptions.

GGenPetDrony.png

77 views and only 6 comments, one of them mine.

Where's the Nutter's?

Even the supposedly liberal New York Times doesn't like it. Watch the cartoon video.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/19/o...?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20130219&_r=0

Why does it surprise you the NYT is opposed to drones?

The drones that would be used domestically are not the same drones that are used overseas in battle. It's not like they will be armed with Hellfires, shooting up churches and schools and stuff. Unless you are harboring a Muslim under your bed. Then all bets are off!

However, they are notorious for having a complete lack of peripheral vision and crashing into other things in the sky as a result. This is a problem when you think about them flying in the same airspace as Grandma.

They have some nifty thermal cameras which can see in the dark and can follow your footprints after you have already left the crime scene.

These thermal vision drones are also useful for finding lost hikers who climb mountains these days with no survival gear other than their cell phone. Dipshits. A drone can surveille a whole mountain a lot faster than a search team on skis.

Lost kids in the woods, too.

Cheaper than a helicopter and pilot, especially with Obama driving the price of avgas to eleventy bucks a gallon.

Pluses and minuses. Don't take too hard a hit off the Bong of Paranoia.

Last edited:

Why shouldn't they be? Aren't you?

Why, or why not?

Why shouldn't they be? Aren't you?

Why, or why not?

I fully expect them to be. Thus my wondering why you said, "Even the supposedly liberal New York Times doesn't like it", as though that was counterintuitive.

As for how I feel about them, see my last post (#9).

Unmanned Systems Caucus. :rolleyes:

Come on, fellas. Just call yourselves the Drone Caucus. You know you want to!

Drones with thermal vision cameras are also great for catching wetbacks sneaking into 'Merka to vote in our elections and rape our womenfolk. Join the caucus, won't you? Donate today to sponsor a Hellfire missile for Jesus.

That's Hay-soos, not our Lord and Savior. Gonna put a Hellfire right up Jesus' bunghole.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back