🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Betsy DeVos: Common Core is Dead

Common core is wrong for most kids, and certainly most families. The collective has no place in my family
So your philosophy is to keep 'em stupid & at home.

That's what your doing moron when you think 8+5= 10

No one said 8+5=10. The question is how can you make ten from sum 8+5. You need to take the large number which is 8 and partition 5. 5 can be partitioned into 3 and 2. Take the 2 from the 5 to add to 8, and you have 10.

Imagine you have two baskets. One basket has 9 cookies and the other has 7. I ask you to make another basket of 12 cookies. Are you going to tell me that you can't make a basket of 12 cookies because there are 16 altogether? No, you'll take the amount of cookies you need to make 12.

You'll take 9 cookies and take only 3 cookies from the basket of 7 to make 12. Partitioning numbers is the same way.
You really need to learn common sense… Oh wait you’re born with that or not. LOL

Going to take a long time to undo the damage caused by the Obama Error.

13601528945_437c1d896c.jpg

Betsy DeVos: Common Core is dead at U.S. Department of Education | Get Schooled

:lol:

I'm not sure that I understand the point of your meme.

Do you find the second way too hard?
Unlike the left, I prefer children learn math, reading, and writing as well as history.

So it was too hard for you.

That's the problem with the way you learned math. You learned to memorize things, but not understand them.

Whats wrong? you needed common core to help you understand what the other way meant?
I have teaching certification && a BA & MS in Mathemativcs.

WTF do you have?
Good for you, keep your collective to yourselves. I’m not buying what you’re selling

The problem is left loons can't keep down to math, English, etc...they have this insatiable need to try and indoctrinate students with their political BS
Yep, Basic education should be kept to the basics. Let them learn social issues later life of their choosing.
Understanding mathematics instead of memorization has nothing to do with social issues.

It's not memorization it's fucking a fact

8 +5 = 13

Not fucking 10

View attachment 172609

The child was correct in this example and the teacher was an idiot for trying to teach a convoluted concept to a kid who just needs to add. what an asinine system

Common core is wrong for most kids, and certainly most families. The collective has no place in my family
So your philosophy is to keep 'em stupid & at home.

That's what your doing moron when you think 8+5= 10

No one said 8+5=10. The question is how can you make ten from sum 8+5. You need to take the large number which is 8 and partition 5. 5 can be partitioned into 3 and 2. Take the 2 from the 5 to add to 8, and you have 10.

Imagine you have two baskets. One basket has 9 cookies and the other has 7. I ask you to make another basket of 12 cookies. Are you going to tell me that you can't make a basket of 12 cookies because there are 16 altogether? No, you'll take the amount of cookies you need to make 12.

You'll take 9 cookies and take only 3 cookies from the basket of 7 to make 12. Partitioning numbers is the same way.

Yes the teacher did

Common-Core-this-is-math.jpg

Unlike the left, I prefer children learn math, reading, and writing as well as history.

That's the problem with the way you learned math. You learned to memorize things, but not understand them.

How does turning subtraction into addition make people understand it?

You are subtracting, bigger to smaller. Simple.

Common Core is just a case of people with too much time on their hands trying to fix something that wasn't broken.

We're lagging behind the rest of the western world when it comes to education, and you say "if it ain't broke..."

The point is ideas like using addition to solve a subtraction problem, or vice versa allow students to see how all of these concepts are interrelated. Math is more than just memorizing an individual set of rules for each type of operation.

It's the difference between memorizing rules, and understanding.

If we're lagging behind a country in math, say like Japan, it's not because we needed common core. We were lagging because Japan and many other countries put more emphasis on Home work for their kids and it is actually made a priority. Here in the US, you can see most of the kids after school running around on the street or they are on their phones. there is no discipline. Of course teachers could never never tell parents their kids needed more discipline at home and spend hours on their work, so instead they have to say there was something wrong with the system that was good enough to put people in space and give us computers.

And I disagree that the old system was just memorization. Before kids do problems like 25 + 15 they learned how to add groups of things or take away from groups in a way that is more visual. Again, it could come down to having either a good teacher or a crappy one who cannot explain things.

Whats wrong? you needed common core to help you understand what the other way meant?
Good for you, keep your collective to yourselves. I’m not buying what you’re selling

The problem is left loons can't keep down to math, English, etc...they have this insatiable need to try and indoctrinate students with their political BS
Yep, Basic education should be kept to the basics. Let them learn social issues later life of their choosing.
Understanding mathematics instead of memorization has nothing to do with social issues.

8 +5 = 13

Not fucking 10

View attachment 172609

The child was correct in this example and the teacher was an idiot for trying to teach a convoluted concept to a kid who just needs to add. what an asinine system

Don't blame the program just because you have no clue as to the lesson being taught.

Common Core is just a case of people with too much time on their hands trying to fix something that wasn't broken.

We're lagging behind the rest of the western world when it comes to education, and you say "if it ain't broke..."

The point is ideas like using addition to solve a subtraction problem, or vice versa allow students to see how all of these concepts are interrelated. Math is more than just memorizing an individual set of rules for each type of operation.

If we're lagging behind a country in math, say like Japan, it's not because we needed common core. We were lagging because Japan and many other countries put more emphasis on Home work for their kids and it is actually made a priority. Here in the US, you can see most of the kids after school running around on the street or they are on their phones. there is no discipline. Of course teachers could never never tell parents their kids needed more discipline at home and spend hours on their work, so instead they have to say there was something wrong with the system that was good enough to put people in space and give us computers.

And I disagree that the old system was just memorization. Before kids do problems like 25 + 15 they learned how to add groups of things or take away from groups in a way that is more visual. Again, it could come down to having either a good teacher or a crappy one who cannot explain things.
You were taught to add 5 & 5 & carry the one.
WTF is that. "carry the one"

It has no mathematic meaning. it is teaching no understanding.

8 +5 = 13

Not fucking 10

View attachment 172609

Don't blame the program just because you have no clue as to the lesson being taught.
Common core is all about control and has nothing to do with learning

It don’t get no simpler than that dumbass. Quick and easy

8 +5 = 13

Not fucking 10

View attachment 172609

You asshats call education & teaching children to think on their own as "Control".

Keep 'em stupid & at home is your motto. You are just afraid you kids will realize what a dumbass you are.

Lets say you are learning to bake & you are making candy coated in Chocolate.

You can read the recipe where it calls for dark chocolate coating. The book says to heat it to 114 then lower it to 81 & then heat it to 91.

Now dumbfuck you would just do it.

Someone who wants to understand working with chocolate wants to know why you go through those steps. That understanding then would apply to other chocolates.

That is what common core does.

This poor girl is lost, She is basically throwing shit against the wall and hoping it will stick this is not learning this is fucked up she has no hope.

8 +5 = 13

Not fucking 10

View attachment 172609

You asshats call education & teaching children to think on their own as "Control".

Keep 'em stupid & at home is your motto. You are just afraid you kids will realize what a dumbass you are.
Just admit it, common core is a failure he gets less popular every day and it has failed our kids...

You can read the recipe where it calls for dark chocolate coating. The book says to heat it to 114 then lower it to 81 & then heat it to 91.

Someone who wants to understand working with chocolate wants to know why you go through those steps. That understanding then would apply to other chocolates.

Na, It makes you go through 1000 steps of nonsense. The right answer is learning…

commoncore.jpg

I don’t approve of common core because it forces the parents out of the education of their kids… Fact

8 +5 = 13

Not fucking 10

View attachment 172609

Just admit it, common core is a failure he gets less popular every day and it has failed our kids...
Your not understanding does not equal it's failure.

Common core does not work for my family, Sell your Snakeoil somewhere else

Common core does not work for my family, Sell your Snakeoil somewhere else
Schools have programs for the mentally challenged. Better than having them taught by morons at home.

Forum List

Back