🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Betsy DeVos: Common Core is Dead

Common core does not improve most kids education… The opposite is true. The collective does not know what’s best for the individual. fact

I don't care if its common core or another curriculum. My point is the standards are important to have.

I think common core's main problem is the testing. Too many test. I've taught in international schools that have the same standards as common core, but they don't have that many test. They only start serious testing when they reach year 7 ( equivalent to 6th grade).
Common core disregards/ignores parent involvementIn their kids education that is its ultimate purpose...

It's a little hard to have parental involvement when parents don't have a clue about education. Many parents in this country don't even hold college degrees.

That's like wanting parental involvement in your kid's surgery. You want to tell the surgeon how to conduct the surgery.

Any parent with a lick of sense will keep their children far far away from public education. You loons are dangerous

Keeping your kids from the truth is child abuse.

You let us worry about how we raise our children and what schools to send them to, Real Dumb. You in no way fit into the equation

Common core does not improve most kids education… The opposite is true. The collective does not know what’s best for the individual. fact

I don't care if its common core or another curriculum. My point is the standards are important to have.

I think common core's main problem is the testing. Too many test. I've taught in international schools that have the same standards as common core, but they don't have that many test. They only start serious testing when they reach year 7 ( equivalent to 6th grade).
Common core disregards/ignores parent involvementIn their kids education that is its ultimate purpose...

It's a little hard to have parental involvement when parents don't have a clue about education. Many parents in this country don't even hold college degrees.

That's like wanting parental involvement in your kid's surgery. You want to tell the surgeon how to conduct the surgery.

Any parent with a lick of sense will keep their children far far away from public education. You loons are dangerous

The truth of what?

8 +5=13 ..

And not 10?

Common-Core-this-is-math.jpg

New math is fine if the parents approve of it, But most parents do not approve of common core. So their kids should not be exposed to it whatsoever.
Federal government should have no influence/presence in a kids education

So children shouldn't be exposed to Math strategies that's going to help them with reasoning and critical thinking skills?

You want the government to allow you to keep your kids ignorant?

You sound very Orwellian

So children shouldn't be exposed to Math strategies that's going to help them with reasoning and critical thinking skills?

You want the government to allow you to keep your kids ignorant?

You sound very Orwellian

More like your typical whack job leftist....oh wait

Common core is absolutely the wrong way to approach education, because the parents want nothing to do with it. Why force something on to other people’s kids?

So you think it's wrong to tell parents that their children should learn how to write/make clear arguments, supported with commentary and evidence?

PS: You keep dodging the question as to which specific ELA standard shouldn't be taught in all schools. I suspect it's because you're unable to do so.
Kids education should be up to the parents and the parents alone. Obviously common core does not cut it...
Education should be just the basics, Common core is all about taking the education out of the parents hands. It’s a very deceptive program… To the uneducated.
with people like you i certainly hope education is not in your hands.
Is that the pot calling the kettle black? LOL
I have teaching certification && a BA & MS in Mathemativcs.

WTF do you have?
Good for you, keep your collective to yourselves. I’m not buying what you’re selling

Common core is child abuse, it separates kids from their parents...

So you think it's wrong to tell parents that their children should learn how to write/make clear arguments, supported with commentary and evidence?

PS: You keep dodging the question as to which specific ELA standard shouldn't be taught in all schools. I suspect it's because you're unable to do so.
Kids education should be up to the parents and the parents alone. Obviously common core does not cut it...
Education should be just the basics, Common core is all about taking the education out of the parents hands. It’s a very deceptive program… To the uneducated.

WTF do you have?
Good for you, keep your collective to yourselves. I’m not buying what you’re selling

The problem is left loons can't keep down to math, English, etc...they have this insatiable need to try and indoctrinate students with their political BS

WTF do you have?

The problem is left loons can't keep down to math, English, etc...they have this insatiable need to try and indoctrinate students with their political BS
Yep, Basic education should be kept to the basics. Let them learn social issues later life of their choosing.

The truth of what?

8 +5=13 ..

And not 10?

View attachment 172602

Tell us fruit loop what calculator do you use when 8+5 = 10?

Hell even the country of the Congo calculators knows it equals 13..

nintchdbpict000283262437.jpg

WTF do you have?

It's obvious to me they are now trying to gut arthimitic's for social issues , where there is no wrong answer ..

God help us these kids will engineer a jet what they learned into this ..

first-plane-built-using-common-core-math-funny-fwd-see-13167469.png

Common core is wrong for most kids, and certainly most families. The collective has no place in my family

The truth of what?

8 +5=13 ..

And not 10?

View attachment 172602

View attachment 172605

Asshole. Common Core does not produce wrong answers if you understand the concept.

The truth of what?

8 +5=13 ..

And not 10?

View attachment 172602

View attachment 172605

Asshole. Common Core does not produce wrong answers if you understand the concept.
The concept does not suit most American families, why force it on them?

WTF do you have?

Yep, Basic education should be kept to the basics. Let them learn social issues later life of their choosing.
Understanding mathematics instead of memorization has nothing to do with social issues.

The truth of what?

8 +5=13 ..

And not 10?

View attachment 172602

View attachment 172605

Once again fool what bizzare world do you live on when 8 +5 don't equal 13?

Common-Core-this-is-math.jpg

Forum List

Back