Biden destroying jobs in Appalachia

The coal industry deserves to die and they have no one but themselves to blame.

Biden promised to replace coal mining jobs with Well-Paying Green jobs that would catapult the former miners into the middle class- didn't he?

Has he done it in the last four months in office?
No

Pass his infrastructure bill and there will be jobs to be had

Not middle class permanent jobs. Infrastructure is roads and bridges and after its built, the job is over. Further, these are coal miners, they don't know construction trades.

Why not provide green, unskilled work, like journalist or lobbyist positions for these men?
did you post this kinda stuff about the pipeline thru wva? if so ....show me...the post..i am so sick of the goppers on here...pretending they are suddenly concerned about unemployment or health care or any thing other than spreading the lies..they spread

coal is dead...has been.. nothing to do with biden

Biden promised to replace coal mining jobs with Well-Paying Green jobs that would catapult the former miners into the middle class- didn't he?

No

Not middle class permanent jobs. Infrastructure is roads and bridges and after its built, the job is over. Further, these are coal miners, they don't know construction trades.

Why not provide green, unskilled work, like journalist or lobbyist positions for these men?
did you post this kinda stuff about the pipeline thru wva? if so ....show me...the post..i am so sick of the goppers on here...pretending they are suddenly concerned about unemployment or health care or any thing other than spreading the lies..they spread

coal is dead...has been.. nothing to do with biden
There are a bunch of coal fired power plants in the US that would disagree with you. AZ, MT and WY are only three states that have big coal fired power plants.

No

You're an idiot his infrastructure bill is worse than Obama's.

I didn't see Biden mentioned anywhere in that article. You have some insider information the rest of us don't?
Biden is on record as saying he was going to replace dirty coal jobs with high paid clean green jobs.
And?
It's not insider info--the record is very public. The OP is relating the article to well-known points that are a matter of record. Isn't debate and discussion regarding the linked article what this board is all about? Or are we supposed to be relegated to only the facts presented in the link?

I didn't see Biden mentioned anywhere in that article. You have some insider information the rest of us don't?
Biden is on record as saying he was going to replace dirty coal jobs with high paid clean green jobs.
And?
It's not insider info--the record is very public. The OP is relating the article to well-known points that are a matter of record. Isn't debate and discussion regarding the linked article what this board is all about? Or are we supposed to be relegated to only the facts presented in the link?
The OP clearly stated in his title that Biden was destroying jobs in Appalachia. What does the closing of this coal plant have to do with Joe Biden?

No

You're an idiot his infrastructure bill is worse than Obama's.
It will create millions of well paying jobs!

WINNING!

:dance:
It will do no such thing, less than 10% goes to infrastructure.

Coal mining is going the way of Whale oil. It matters none who is president.

Time to stop pretending that coal has a future
A financial hit making people poorer will spur a massive increase in coal use. Coal heaters are not expensive and coal is not either. Are the government police going to arrest millions of people trying to not freeze to death?

A financial hit making people poorer will spur a massive increase in coal use. Coal heaters are not expensive and coal is not either. Are the government police going to arrest millions of people trying to not freeze to death?
NOBODY is flocking to heat their homes with coal
Trains don’t run on it anymore either

I bet China buys it and uses it while we get less energy in return.
China has all the coal they need, so does everyone else. The coal industry invested their money in politicians to fight innovation and stifle the competition. They managed to buy coal another twenty years or so but now that strategy is failing. As always coal miners get the short end of the stick. Since the beginnings of America the people who mine coal have been betrayed at every turn by the companies they work themselves into an early grave for. If the only job you can get is going to take twenty years off your life it's not worth having.

NOBODY is flocking to heat their homes with coal
Trains don’t run on it anymore either
In bad times they will use what they can get. It is easily accessible in many areas. And each dwelling his self powered as a heating source. There are poor people who use kerosene heaters that can be dangerous if not properly maintained and there are a lot of tragedies in cities every year. But in dwellings that have the openings into basements or storage in a yard or anywhere else, there is a legit reason for the use of coal if it is needed.

I bet China buys it and uses it while we get less energy in return.
China has all the coal they need, so does everyone else. The coal industry invested their money in politicians to fight innovation and stifle the competition. They managed to buy coal another twenty years or so but now that strategy is failing. As always coal miners get the short end of the stick. Since the beginnings of America the people who mine coal have been betrayed at every turn by the companies they work themselves into an early grave for. If the only job you can get is going to take twenty years off your life it's not worth having.
You believe that, but China owns us and it's fixing to be shown. Biden's America!

Forum List

Back