Biden: Food Shortages "gonna be real."

His vast ignorance of wheat, tipped his mitt for me.

Allow me to educate you...

Meanwhile, Reuters writers Leah Douglas, Christopher Walljasper and Karl Plume reported yesterday that, “Farm groups are urging the U.S. Agriculture Department to allow farmers the ability to plant on acres set aside for conservation, to help fill the absence of Ukrainian corn, wheat and sunflower oil amid Russia’s invasion of the country.

In a letter to U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack on Wednesday, seven agriculture lobbying organizations representing U.S. farmers, feed producers, grain exporters, millers, bakers and oilseed processors asked the USDA to provide flexibility to farmers to plant crops on more than 4 million acres of ‘prime farmland’ currently enrolled in the Farm Service Agency’s Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) without penalty.
The Reuters article stated that, “The letter, signed by the American Farm Bureau Federation, the National Grain and Feed Association and others, echoes a March 8 request by U.S. Senator John Boozman of Arkansas, as well as calls from agriculture economists.

Meanwhile, Reuters writers Leah Douglas, Christopher Walljasper and Karl Plume reported yesterday that, “Farm groups are urging the U.S. Agriculture Department to allow farmers the ability to plant on acres set aside for conservation, to help fill the absence of Ukrainian corn, wheat and sunflower oil amid Russia’s invasion of the country.

The Reuters article stated that, “The letter, signed by the American Farm Bureau Federation, the National Grain and Feed Association and others, echoes a March 8 request by U.S. Senator John Boozman of Arkansas, as well as calls from agriculture economists.

^^^^
Interwebz expert but dolt simultaneously.
GTFO!!

^^^^
Interwebz expert but dolt simultaneously.
GTFO!!
Dude... Me, and Gator aren't even pips on the same die. But you are grossly underlying tbe Ukraine, and Russias contribution to grains in the global arena.
It's significant. And tbe common folk will feel it. That's a fact.

Seriously.....

There may be one or more MGB owners here. If you have one in a country with the driver position on the left take a hard look under the hood. Specifically look at the hyduralic lines that carry the clutch and brake fluids across the sort of shelf to connect to the cylinders on the right side of the vehicle. These are crossed by a heater cable with a steel spiral armoring it. In time the spiral can chew through the lines. In most cases it's the clutch line that goes first but the brake line is also vulnerable and that can prove deadly. Easy solution is to take a length of rubber tubing, slit it sideways and put it over the heater control cable, taping it up in a couple of places. I believe that was fixed in some of the last manufactured MGBs but it costs nothing to look and make sure you're safe.
I'm checking to see when the last MGB's were manufactured.Must be in the mid to late
70's. They were a great Brit sports car.Slightly better than the Triumphs.
Not as Euro great as an Austin-Healey or heaven forbide a classic Alfa Romeo.
Then Jaguar took over.The 12 cylinder XKE. Unbelievable car like no other
sports car.When a senior in College where I lived off campus and their was an off
campus house behind ours about a football field away with a Green XKE.
It was seldom used.It had a cover for the top.That House also
had an afghan dog.Very rare for the time.It was such a regal dog.
This was in the Mid 1970's.me and my off campus house roomies used
a worn sky-blue Ford Falcon.A Grandmas car.Went to Florida spring
break the year before.My roommate was a year ahead of me and had an
original Camaro Z/28 he modified with a special rear end.
A Few times we went out looking for Cars to street drag.
Nothing could touch it.I swear it had a red line close 10,ooo rpm.
That was before they had Rev limiters.

I'm checking to see when the last MGB's were manufactured.Must be in the mid to late
sports car.When a senior in College where I lived off campus and their was an off
I was a Triumph over MGB guy, and had an Alfa that blew up rather than run out of gas, saving me (mymother had a crazy afghan lol)...more embarassment. Never passed. So engine rebuild at 60k miles. Found out later it had one at 30k too.

Those percentages are still small and no fucking way Ukraine grows and exports 15% of the wheat in the world. This is the lack of math skills that AGW and Covid count on.

Actually, Google is your friend. Ukraine provides around 10 percent of the world's wheat crop, and if you throw Russia into the mix, both Ukraine and Russia provide around 30 percent of the world's wheat.

And, while it shouldn't affect the US much (we produce more than we use, meaning we export it and contribute to the global market), it will have an effect on places like Europe and Middle East countries that import a lot of that wheat.

The good old days before GOP law and order.... oops lol

Allow farmers to plant on land held for conservation eh, wait you mean when there was hundred's of thousands of acre's not being planted per government incentive, otherwise in order to keep a trade balance, and to keep the market from being flooded with product's if were to allow or unleash the American famers full potential in the country ??

Farmers to plant on land by allowance in emergency, but oil was shut down, and not allowed it's full potential in order to protect the well being of our citizen's in accordance to our constitution ?????? Why has our government failed us as American's ? We know why, it's because the world has since corrupted it.

This is the very reason we have the program, so that the crop land is there when needed. It will be a banner year for the heartland grain farmers.
There are extra costs involved for farmers if they want to expand production

Bigger tractors and combines are expensive

which means more debt for the farmers with little or no extra return since overseas markets are so fickle

Farm subsidies should be used to insure an adequate food supply for Americans and our closest allies only

There are extra costs involved for farmers if they want to expand production

Bigger tractors and combines are expensive

which means more debt for the farmers with little or no extra return since overseas markets are so fickle

Farm subsidies should be used to insure an adequate food supply for Americans and our closest allies only

Not really. Most active farmers that have land in CRP only have 1 to 5 percent of their land in the program. It does not pay that well. A small farm that is growing off of one or two hundred acers could easily add another 100 even and not need a new equipment. Same goes with the bigger farms that are in the 1000s of acres.

Allow farmers to plant on land held for conservation eh, wait you mean when there was hundred's of thousands of acre's not being planted per government incentive, otherwise in order to keep a trade balance, and to keep the market from being flooded with product's if were to allow or unleash the American famers full potential in the country ??

Correct. It is also in the farmers best interest not to flood the market and cause the prices they receive to take a nose dive.

Farmers to plant on land by allowance in emergency, but oil was shut down, and not allowed it's full potential in order to protect the well being of our citizen's in accordance to our constitution

Oil production was shut down in early 2020 due to a crash in the demand for it. Since then it has been going back up. Since Feb 2021 it is up 16%, NG is up 15% and the number of active wells are up 51%

Not really. Most active farmers that have land in CRP only have 1 to 5 percent of their land in the program. It does not pay that well. A small farm that is growing off of one or two hundred acers could easily add another 100 even and not need a new equipment. Same goes with the bigger farms that are in the 1000s of acres.
You overlook the time factor

planting and harvesting must be done within specific times

there are finite acres that can be farmed using a Ford 8n for instance

More that that and you need new equipment

You overlook the time factor

planting and harvesting must be done within specific times

there are finite acres that can be farmed using a Ford 8n for instance

More that that and you need new equipment

The time difference between 100 acres and 120 acres is negligible. If they have 1000 acres or more they are not using a tractor.

It is the farmers themselves, through their lobbying organizations, that are asking for this. Do you think they have not thought about such things?

The time difference between 100 acres and 120 acres is negligible. If they have 1000 acres or more they are not using a tractor.

It is the farmers themselves, through their lobbying organizations, that are asking for this. Do you think they have not thought about such things?
No one can stop farmers from planting more acres if they want to

but chasing the export market is not needed for US food security

Forum List

Back