Biden let's convicted criminals off the hook

I've posted this elsewhere, but my personal believe is that essentially NOBODY is currently imprisoned for simple possession of MJ. Those who are familiar with how the justice system works know that prosecutors very frequently settle for a plea bargain for a lesser offense because they lack the evidence to pursue a more serious crime - of which the bastard is certainly guilty.

If they pleaded to possession of MJ, you can bet the farm that what they actually did was many times worse.

I've posted this elsewhere, but my personal believe is that essentially NOBODY is currently imprisoned for simple possession of MJ. Those who are familiar with how the justice system works know that prosecutors very frequently settle for a plea bargain for a lesser offense because they lack the evidence to pursue a more serious crime - of which the bastard is certainly guilty.

If they pleaded to possession of MJ, you can bet the farm that what they actually did was many times worse.

Actually, there are LOTS of people who have been put in prison for simple marijuana possession, and nothing else. And yeah, I'd take that bet, as I know people who were caught for a simple possession charge (meaning they only had marijuana, there were no other charges involved) who did jail time. A lot of it depends on the state you were caught in, and when you were caught. A couple of decades ago? A single joint could have gotten a person a year in prison, with no other charges attached in a lot of states. Now? Most states have either legalized or decriminalized it, so the most you'd get is a slap on the wrist (fine), unless you were in the 4 states where it is still fully illegal. Those places, you have a very good chance of going to jail.

I'm sure they're also an infinitesimal quantity of people in prison. I think it's just the potato pandering to hard core moonbats without actually doing anything to roll back regressive prohibition laws.

Actually, there are LOTS of people who have been put in prison for simple marijuana possession, and nothing else. And yeah, I'd take that bet, as I know people who were caught for a simple possession charge (meaning they only had marijuana, there were no other charges involved) who did jail time. A lot of it depends on the state you were caught in, and when you were caught. A couple of decades ago? A single joint could have gotten a person a year in prison, with no other charges attached in a lot of states. Now? Most states have either legalized or decriminalized it, so the most you'd get is a slap on the wrist (fine), unless you were in the 4 states where it is still fully illegal. Those places, you have a very good chance of going to jail.
State jail or federal charges? From what I read the potato is only pardoning those prosecuted at the federal level.

Joe Biden, soft on crime again.

---Biden to pardon thousands convicted of marijuana possession---

Considering the way that most of the country is leaning these days, marijuana possession isn't that big of a deal anymore. And, I'm pretty sure that if one was to look into who was actually going to get pardoned, you'd find that they can't have any other charges connected to the possession, so pardoning them kinda makes sense.

Especially when you consider how many states have it fully legal, how many have it for medical purposes, and the rest that have decriminalized it.

And no..............marijuana isn't a thing that should be illegal in my opinion. It's medically beneficial, is less addictive or harmful than alcohol (which is legal), and there are many things that can be made out of the leftover plant material such as cloth, oil, and livestock feed.

State jail or federal charges? From what I read the potato is only pardoning those prosecuted at the federal level.

Both actually. I've known people who have had federal charges brought against them, as well as people who have had state charges brought against them. As for state charges, nowadays, it depends on the state that you are caught in. A lot have it legal, and most have it decriminalized.

Personally? I think it should be legal period.

This is federal dumbass!

States have zero impact on this.

Both actually. I've known people who have had federal charges brought against them, as well as people who have had state charges brought against them. As for state charges, nowadays, it depends on the state that you are caught in. A lot have it legal, and most have it decriminalized.

Personally? I think it should be legal period.
I'd agree there. There's far more dangerous "legal" shit you can get prescribed that keeps on being found in the blood stream of people who do some insane shit after seeking treatment for all sorts of mental issues.

Border-jumpers, potheads, student loan defaulters, transsexuals...

This administration sure is pandering for votes from weird segments of society.

Unlike the KKK, the terrorist militias and the NAZI’s that Trump panders to.

You really think you got it down. Possession of weed makes you a criminal by default, is that what you believe?

I make no comment about the wisdom of the Federal position on MJ. What I am saying is that NOBODY is in FEDERAL PRISON simply because they were caught with a small (personal) quantity of MJ. It simply does not happen. The FBI and/or U.S. Marshals would be wasting their fucking time - and they know that - pursuing such "criminals."

The people who will benefit from this Biden action are ALL factually guilty of other, more serious crimes, and they pleaded down ("pled" if you prefer) to the lesser crime of possession. And while Biden is not the sharpest tack in the drawer, even he knows it.

Accordingly, this is YET ANOTHER fraudulent attempt by Biden to buy votes using lies and distortion of reality.

Border-jumpers, potheads, student loan defaulters, transsexuals...

This administration sure is pandering for votes from weird segments of society.

Sippy Cup would publicly eat his own shit if it meant more votes for Dimm's.

Read that 6500 people in federal prison for marijuana possession alone.

Presidents can not pardon state crimes, only the governors can, which Biden asked them to consider.

And asked that marijuana be lowered on their drug danger scale....right now, it is equivalent to the dangers of Heroin, which it clearly is not as dangerous.

I make no comment about the wisdom of the Federal position on MJ. What I am saying is that NOBODY is in FEDERAL PRISON simply because they were caught with a small (personal) quantity of MJ. It simply does not happen. The FBI and/or U.S. Marshals would be wasting their fucking time - and they know that - pursuing such "criminals."

The people who will benefit from this Biden action are ALL factually guilty of other, more serious crimes, and they pleaded down ("pled" if you prefer) to the lesser crime of possession. And while Biden is not the sharpest tack in the drawer, even he knows it.

Accordingly, this is YET ANOTHER fraudulent attempt by Biden to buy votes using lies and distortion of reality.

You must have worked in the Judicial system.
You are spot-on!!

Forum List

Back