🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Biden Proposing 5% Cap on Housing Rents

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
This proposal is potent. There are 112 Million renters in America (34% of the total population).
There are also 32.2 Million businesses. Together these translate into a ton of votes.

If Trump does not reciprocate and propose a rent control law himself (of 5% or lower), he could be handing Biden the election. After the astronomical rent increases of the last few years, to renters and business owners, this is the most serious issue in America. Both have taken a huge hit economically, by the enormously higher rents.

Last edited:
As usual, Biden misspoke (surprise) and stated it would be a $55 yearly cap. Regardless, what a great strategy to combat inflation, not to mention the quality of life for renters, as the suppression of costs will only lead to a lack of maintenance and cost-cutting measures by property owners / landlords.

Way to go Biden! Do it!
It will also see more potential rental properties left vacant and go to rot.
Landlords can not be expected to absorb the absurd tax, utilities, and other costs increases they are being hit with.
For that matter, owners/buyers are also being hammered by the absurd inflationary costs.

Fuggin Biden and other Dem. politicians can just gouge the taxpayers more to provide their cost of living increases while stiffing the taxpayers in the process.

Biden and many Dems need to become guests of the Guv'mint, complete with orange jumpsuit wardrobe and "two hots and cot". :mad:

Corporate landlords own less than half the rentals in this country. So this wouldnt affect everyone.
Can he even do this? I dont remember this being a federal power in the constitution..
You leftists sure do love your statism and hate federal restraint. Yall disgust me.
This is not a leftist" issue. The cap would protect 99.99% of business owners in addition to renters. To those of us selling our wares on the open market, the astronomical rent increases of the past 5 years are the most damaging thing we have ever faced.

Many businesses have closed up entirely.
Ex. Sam Ash Music out of business (after 100 years)

Landlords can not be expected to absorb the absurd tax, utilities, and other costs increases they are being hit with.
For that matter, owners/buyers are also being hammered by the absurd inflationary costs.

Fuggin Biden and other Dem. politicians can just gouge the taxpayers more to provide their cost of living increases while stiffing the taxpayers in the process.

Biden and many Dems need to become guests of the Guv'mint, complete with orange jumpsuit wardrobe and "two hots and cot". :mad:
Price caps provide no incentives for investment in new properties. Why would a landlord invest in new property/residents when their return on investment would be nil?

This is not a leftist" issue. The cap would protect 99.99% of business owners in addition to renters. To those of us selling our wares on the open market, the astronomical rent increases of the past 5 years are the most damaging thing we have ever faced.

It only affects CORPORATE LANDLORDS. And they own less than half of rentals in this country.
Yeah, the government fucks everything up by doing things they have no authority to do, they then create more power they dont have to deal with their fuck up, and retards like you cheer them on. Its pathetic.
Fucking leftists :rolleyes:

This proposal is potent. There are 112 Million renters in America (34% of the total population).
There are also 32.2 Million businesses. Together these translate into a ton of votes.

If Trump does not reciprocate and propose a rent control law himself (of 5% or lower), he could be handing Biden the election. After the astronomical rent increases of the last few years, to renters and business owners, this is the most serious issue in America. Both have taken a huge hit economically, by the enormously higher rents.

1. He doesnt have the authority to do this

2. Even if he did it's a horrible idea.

But this isn't the answer. Biden has driven prices way up on everything, hence the additional rent charged by landlords to maintain their properties. All this does is cause more problems.

All you're doing here is repeating the standard old landlord line that says they need the increase to cover their costs. This might have been true in the past, with moderate increases, but over the last 5 years, it's a new and totally different ballgame, with rent increase of 100-200% common.

No landlord needs to raise rents $1000-2000/mo. This is insane. I hope Trump follows suit. I'm a Republican, and I've voted for Trump 3 times. I don't want to see him lose because of this. It could happen.

It only affects CORPORATE LANDLORDS. And they own less than half of rentals in this country.
Yeah, the government fucks everything up by doing things they have no authority to do, they then create more power they dont have to deal with their fuck up, and retards like you cheer them on. Its pathetic.
Fucking leftists :rolleyes:
Regardless, corporate landlords will be less inclined to invest in new real estate if the return on investment hits their bottom line. This will result in a lower quality of life for existing renters because landlords will cut corners for cost savings.

All you're doing here is repeating the standard old landlord line that says they need the increase to cover their costs. This might have been true in the past, with moderate increases, but over the last 5 years, it's a new and totally different ballgame, with rent increase of 100-200% common.

No landlord needs to raise rents $1000-2000/mo. This is insane. I hope Trump follows suit. I'm a Republican, and I've voted for Trump 3 times. I don't want to see him lose because of this. It could happen.
Go more left Trumpy PLEASE
BrokeLoser

Biden does not have the authority so nothing will happen. And if landlords are gouging, forcing them to the other extreme just moves the problem to that extreme instead of where it is now.

Regardless, corporate landlords will be less inclined to invest in new real estate if the return on investment hits their bottom line. This will result in a lower quality of life for existing renters because landlords will cut corners for cost savings.
Yep and corporate landlords take better care of you than private landlords. Typically.

But this isn't the answer. Biden has driven prices way up on everything, hence the additional rent charged by landlords to maintain their properties. All this does is cause more problems.
Not really.NYC has had rent control for decades, and 100+ year old buildings are still occupied and healthy. Dont fall for the landlord propaganda.

Hey statist, do you rent from a management company, or a private individual?

Not really.NYC has had rent control for decades, and 100+ year old buildings are still occupied and healthy. Dont fall for the landlord propaganda.
Their costs have increased by a great deal, maybe not to the extreme you mention. But this stupid plan just makes it a problem at the other extreme.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back