Biden Says He Would Support Moving All-Star Game Over Georgia Voting Law

This year's summer All Star Game (ASG) was supposed to take place in Atlanta. Now it won't. Thank the water-hating crackers in the Georgia state legislature for that.

>> “Major League Baseball fundamentally supports voting rights for all Americans and opposes restrictions to the ballot box,” Manfred said. “In 2020, MLB became the first professional sports league to join the non-partisan Civic Alliance to help build a future in which everyone participates in shaping the United States. We proudly used our platform to encourage baseball fans and communities throughout our country to perform their civic duty and actively participate in the voting process. Fair access to voting continues to have our game’s unwavering support.”​
Though the game will no longer take place in Atlanta, the 2021 Midsummer Classic will still celebrate the memory of the late Hank Aaron, an Atlanta icon who passed away on Jan. 22. MLB will also move forward with planned investments to support local communities in Atlanta as part of the All-Star Legacy Projects.​
“We are finalizing a new host city, and details about these events will be announced shortly,” Manfred said.​
The Players Alliance issued a statement in support of the decision, saying: “We want to make our voice heard loud and clear in our opposition of the recent Georgia legislation that not only disproportionately disenfranchises the Black community, but also paves the way for other states to pass similarly harmful laws based largely on widespread falsehoods and disinformation.​
“While we will support those in need in whichever city the game is ultimately relocated to, we will also uphold our commitment to those Georgians we’ve already planned to serve. We will use our voice, our platform, and our partnerships now more than ever to create real, tangible change for the Black community to stand up for every American’s right to vote.​
“We will not be silenced. We won’t back down in the fight for racial equity. We will never stop breaking barriers to the ballot box.”​
... This was to have been the first All-Star Game held in Atlanta since 2000 and the first at Truist Park, which opened in 2017. <<​

Linkie

So proud to be a baseball fan right now. Even though just yesterday another fan and I were in a long conversation about MLB's outlook and what it's doing wrong in recent changes. And because I am a baseball fan I noticed in yesterday's Opening Day game that Georgia's team the Atlanta Braves was sporting a shoulder patch proudly poclaiming "All Star Game" on its uniforms. Those patches will now have to come off. Or if they like, stay on there to attract more attention to what went down. Kinda sucks for the city of Atlanta, which certainly wasn't behind the antidemocratic bullshit, but let it be a lesson to the yahoos in the rest of the state who keep electing the Confederate mindset and the Marjorie Taylor Fucking Greenes.

YER OUT!
But then you forget Atlanta is one of the largest African American urban centers in the country. Curious, are you upset that every black-owned business in Atlanta took the brunt of that decision? Oh my, how liberating!

"We'll support you (the black business owner) and your voting rights by taking business away from you!"

BRILLIANT!

Last edited:
It's tragic that MLB has fallen to the propaganda and lies by the Xiden admin about this new law that expands voting rights, while making sure long lines are a thing of the past.

We are already seeing a direct victim of the lies of the left
If this law eliminated long lines at the polls, why did they make it illegal tio give food or water those in these supposedly nonexistent lines

You do know electioneering is illegal within a certain distance in NY, and people from a campaign handing things out would probably be illegal here as well, right?

The all star game is just a spectacle for die hards and star gazers but it is a big money maker for the host city. So this amounts to a bunch of stupid peckerheads that decided to punish themselves because their state decided to be smart Americans. Democrats are now even screwing their own cities but nobody is surprised about that either.

"Their own cities"? :laugh2:

Yet another Fun Fact: Most cities/municipalities don't even list political parties or run primaries for their local elections. It just isn't a thing at that level since there's no "Democratic" or "Republican" preference for which neighborhood gets its trash picked up on Tuesdays. And among those cities with no parties on the ballot is Atlanta.

Again, as I said in the OP and just like the PGA pulling out of Augusta, neither move is a protest against the city. It's a protest against the STATE. Which, by the way, 'nother fun fact, DOES list political parties in its elections. So tell us who's screwing their own states.

Poor Jim Crow can't go to baseball games anymore ... well, there's still the Friday Night Cross Burnings ...

Fun fact: the very first Ku Klux Klan kross burning, ever, took place just outside the same city -- Atlanta -- during the re-formation of that organization. However it wasn't a Friday, it was late on a Thursday night, specifically Thanksgiving, in 1915.

That KKK was actually legally chartered in Georgia at that time. Until a later governor (Ellis Arnall) got the charter rescinded. Again, actions having consequences.
That was the forming of KKK2....KKK1 was formed during Reconstruction by Nathan B. Forest--KKK3 in the early 50's to combat Civil Rights.
I do tend to view them all of a piece..after the Civil Rights Act of 1964..the joke was if 3 klans-men met..one of them was FBI and 1 was a snitch~

Thank the water-hating crackers in the Georgia state legislature for that.

It's called line warming. And it can be used to influence a voter to vote for someone other than who they intended to. It has nothing to do with water.

Stumping for candidates is banned within 100+ yards from a polling place in this state, and that tactic can be used to skirt such a ban.

Are you for voting integrity or not?

Did MLB miss the drop in the NBA fan base...stupid is as stupid does...and these morons didn't even read the GA bill....
Maybe CHINA can watch it. They support NBA. NFL is losing many fans. I was hoping Baseball ,being mostly Regular American ,could be reasonable. Looks like it ain't so.
Maybe they just don't care to cater to a bunch of white supremist hillbillies.

Maybe they dont want a league anymore?
I stopped watching basketball all together and that pretty much goes for the NFL as well.
I can do the same with MLB.

This year's summer All Star Game (ASG) was supposed to take place in Atlanta. Now it won't. Thank the water-hating crackers in the Georgia state legislature for that.

>> “Major League Baseball fundamentally supports voting rights for all Americans and opposes restrictions to the ballot box,” Manfred said. “In 2020, MLB became the first professional sports league to join the non-partisan Civic Alliance to help build a future in which everyone participates in shaping the United States. We proudly used our platform to encourage baseball fans and communities throughout our country to perform their civic duty and actively participate in the voting process. Fair access to voting continues to have our game’s unwavering support.”​
Though the game will no longer take place in Atlanta, the 2021 Midsummer Classic will still celebrate the memory of the late Hank Aaron, an Atlanta icon who passed away on Jan. 22. MLB will also move forward with planned investments to support local communities in Atlanta as part of the All-Star Legacy Projects.​
“We are finalizing a new host city, and details about these events will be announced shortly,” Manfred said.​
The Players Alliance issued a statement in support of the decision, saying: “We want to make our voice heard loud and clear in our opposition of the recent Georgia legislation that not only disproportionately disenfranchises the Black community, but also paves the way for other states to pass similarly harmful laws based largely on widespread falsehoods and disinformation.​
“While we will support those in need in whichever city the game is ultimately relocated to, we will also uphold our commitment to those Georgians we’ve already planned to serve. We will use our voice, our platform, and our partnerships now more than ever to create real, tangible change for the Black community to stand up for every American’s right to vote.​
“We will not be silenced. We won’t back down in the fight for racial equity. We will never stop breaking barriers to the ballot box.”​
... This was to have been the first All-Star Game held in Atlanta since 2000 and the first at Truist Park, which opened in 2017. <<​

Linkie

So proud to be a baseball fan right now. Even though just yesterday another fan and I were in a long conversation about MLB's outlook and what it's doing wrong in recent changes. And because I am a baseball fan I noticed in yesterday's Opening Day game that Georgia's team the Atlanta Braves was sporting a shoulder patch proudly poclaiming "All Star Game" on its uniforms. Those patches will now have to come off. Or if they like, stay on there to attract more attention to what went down. Kinda sucks for the city of Atlanta, which certainly wasn't behind the antidemocratic bullshit, but let it be a lesson to the yahoos in the rest of the state who keep electing the Confederate mindset and the Marjorie Taylor Fucking Greenes.

YER OUT!
But then you forget Atlanta is one of the largest African American urban centers in the country. Curious, are you upset that every black-owned business in Atlanta took the brunt of that decision? Oh my, how liberating!

"We'll support your voting rights by taking business away from you!"

BRILLIANT!

I've "forgotten" no such thing; I'm quite familiar with Atlanta. Fatter o' mact a few decades back I was fixin' to move from Vermont to a city of my choosing, and Hotlanta was on my short list.

Again, and I'm pointing out for the second time in two minutes something that was already articulated in the OP, it's not a protest against a city, it's a protest against a STATE. Atlanta didn't pass any such antidemocratic laws, far as I know.

Did MLB miss the drop in the NBA fan base...stupid is as stupid does...and these morons didn't even read the GA bill....
Maybe CHINA can watch it. They support NBA. NFL is losing many fans. I was hoping Baseball ,being mostly Regular American ,could be reasonable. Looks like it ain't so.

I stopped watching basketball all together and that pretty much goes for the NFL as well.

Wow, THAT'll bring 'em to their knees. Umma get Rob Manfred onna horn right away :eek:

Wow, THAT'll bring 'em to their knees. Umma get Rob Manfred onna horn right away :eek:

You obviously havent been paying attention to attendance numbers.

We get it, think and do as we do or else.
Nope...Stupidity and racism have no place in Georgia....and neither does the MLB All Star Game. I wonder how many trump humpers will refuse to watch baseball now? WHHAAAAA WHAAAA....they will whine like the Liar in Chief did when Biden beat his fat ars.

Linkie

YER OUT!

"We'll support your voting rights by taking business away from you!"

BRILLIANT!

I've "forgotten" no such thing; I'm quite familiar with Atlanta. Fatter o' mact a few decades back I was fixin' to move from Vermont to a city of my choosing, and Hotlanta was on my short list.

Again, and I'm pointing out for the second time in two minutes something that was already articulated in the OP, it's not a protest against a city, it's a protest against a STATE. Atlanta didn't pass any such antidemocratic laws, far as I know.
What? Like requiring an ID?

MLB is not for voter suppression. I guess that you are.

There is no voter suppression, you children buy all the shit the Media feeds you.

Want a drink of water?

:rofl:

I tell ya what I don't live far from Georgia --- next time they have them an election umma drive down there with a case of water bottles and run me a little "test". Course, I expect hundreds of others are gonna do the same thing. We'll make it rain, it'll be so wet.

I was stationed there kid. You're a fascist little boy who thinks much to highly of himself.

Let all those left leaning businessess leave . I am sure others will come in and want those tax cuts.. Take all the Marxist that live in Atlanta area too. Turn Georgia red again

Um... "all the Marxist"? "Businessess"?

Georgia schooling huh? Why do I get the feeling South Carolina is laughing its ass off right now....

Nope...Stupidity and racism have no place in Georgia....and neither does the MLB All Star Game. I wonder how many trump humpers will refuse to watch baseball now? WHHAAAAA WHAAAA....they will whine like the Liar in Chief did when Biden beat his fat ars.

You poor little child.

All Democrats HAVE is the Race card. Or the sissy card. Or the Transvestite card. Sick.

As far as you know. Right. Have you read the law in question? Or will you give me the "oh but it's 94 pages long" excuse?

It hurts the city and it's people by protesting the decisions of the state government. And every black business owner in the city with it. Atlanta holds the majority of the state's population.

But... nothing is more endemic of the fight for equal voting rights than taking business away from the people you claim to be fighting for.

You aren't grasping the hypocrisy the MLB is engaging in.

Poor Jim Crow can't go to baseball games anymore ... well, there's still the Friday Night Cross Burnings ...

Fun fact: the very first Ku Klux Klan kross burning, ever, took place just outside the same city -- Atlanta -- during the re-formation of that organization. However it wasn't a Friday, it was late on a Thursday night, specifically Thanksgiving, in 1915.

That KKK was actually legally chartered in Georgia at that time. Until a later governor (Ellis Arnall) got the charter rescinded. Again, actions having consequences.
That was the forming of KKK2....KKK1 was formed during Reconstruction by Nathan B. Forest--KKK3 in the early 50's to combat Civil Rights.
I do tend to view them all of a piece..after the Civil Rights Act of 1964..the joke was if 3 klans-men met..one of them was FBI and 1 was a snitch~

That was the forming of the SECOND KKK. That's why I said "re-formation". The 1915 re-formation was William Joseph "Colonel Joe" Simmons with a gaggle of sycophants at least some of whom had been part of a recent lynch mob that hanged Leo Frank.

The formation of the FIRST (original) KKK at Christmas 1865 exactly fifty years prior, was done before Reconstruction, had nothing to do with Reconstruction, and didn't involve N. B. Forrest. Points of clarification. And for a third clarification there was no "KKK3". There were only two official Klans with a beginning and an end. Christmas 1865 to January 1869 and November 1915 to April 1944.

I just thought it was ironic the poster mentioned a cross burning in a story having to do with Atlanta.

That act (cross burning) was something Simmons took directly from the movie "Birth of a Nation" which inserted it as dramatic license. The original Klan never did that.

Last edited:
Do you understand that the new laws in Georgia actually increase voter access?
We know that the people peddling that lie know you are dumb enough to believe them.

Yeah, people like you. Who more than likely made no attempt to read the law itself, which says or does none of the things people in your clique are telling you it does or says.
Democrats and the MEDIA use emotional LIES . Learned it from Goebbles. And Alinski.

Forum List

Back