Biden Says He Would Support Moving All-Star Game Over Georgia Voting Law

Again, and I'm pointing out for the second time in two minutes something that was already articulated in the OP, it's not a protest against a city, it's a protest against a STATE. Atlanta didn't pass any such antidemocratic laws, far as I know.

As far as you know. Right. Have you read the law in question? Or will you give me the "oh but it's 94 pages long" excuse?

It hurts the city by protesting the decisions of the state government. And every black business owner in the city with it. Nothing is more endemic of the fight for equal voting rights than taking business away from the people you claim to be fighting for.

You aren't grasping the hypocrisy the MLB is engaging in.
MLB is being pressured by their filthy Lib Sponsors.

Again, and I'm pointing out for the second time in two minutes something that was already articulated in the OP, it's not a protest against a city, it's a protest against a STATE. Atlanta didn't pass any such antidemocratic laws, far as I know.

As far as you know. Right. Have you read the law in question? Or will you give me the "oh but it's 94 pages long" excuse?

It hurts the city and its people by protesting the decisions of the state government. And every black business owner in the city with it. Atlanta holds the majority of the state's population.

But... nothing is more endemic of the fight for equal voting rights than taking business away from the people you claim to be fighting for.

Laughing me off already, huh? Well that's a record. Shows you aren't willing to debate me seriously on the matter.

It hurts the city by protesting the decisions of the state government. And every black business owner in the city with it. Nothing is more endemic of the fight for equal voting rights than taking business away from the people you claim to be fighting for.

Once AGAIN I noted in my OP that it hurts the city, and that that is unfortunate. But you don't hold an event like the ASG in a state, you hold it in a city, and cities live in states.

If it serves to clarify, MLB isn't saying it won't hold the ASG in Atlanta --- it's saying it won't hold the ASG in Georgia.

And so is the PGA. You couldn't move either of them to, say, Athens, because that's still Georgia.

The all star game is just a spectacle for die hards and star gazers but it is a big money maker for the host city. So this amounts to a bunch of stupid peckerheads that decided to punish themselves because their state decided to be smart Americans. Democrats are now even screwing their own cities but nobody is surprised about that either.

"Their own cities"? :laugh2:

Yet another Fun Fact: Most cities/municipalities don't even list political parties or run primaries for their local elections. It just isn't a thing at that level since there's no "Democratic" or "Republican" preference for which neighborhood gets its trash picked up on Tuesdays. And among those cities with no parties on the ballot is Atlanta.

Again, as I said in the OP and just like the PGA pulling out of Augusta, neither move is a protest against the city. It's a protest against the STATE. Which, by the way, 'nother fun fact, DOES list political parties in its elections. So tell us who's screwing their own states.
odd,,.where I live they do.....

MLB just did the equivalent of laying down for the national anthem. What the hell makes them think they are the voting police. It's obvious they don't know shit about it. And we should all take the time to welcome one of the countries greatest racists, Lebron James, to MLB. There goes the neighborhood. Fuck MLB

Poor Jim Crow can't go to baseball games anymore ... well, there's still the Friday Night Cross Burnings ...

Fun fact: the very first Ku Klux Klan kross burning, ever, took place just outside the same city -- Atlanta -- during the re-formation of that organization. However it wasn't a Friday, it was late on a Thursday night, specifically Thanksgiving, in 1915.

That KKK was actually legally chartered in Georgia at that time. Until a later governor (Ellis Arnall) got the charter rescinded. Again, actions having consequences.
That was the forming of KKK2....KKK1 was formed during Reconstruction by Nathan B. Forest--KKK3 in the early 50's to combat Civil Rights.
I do tend to view them all of a piece..after the Civil Rights Act of 1964..the joke was if 3 klans-men met..one of them was FBI and 1 was a snitch~

That was the forming of the SECOND KKK. That's why I said "re-formation". The 1915 re-formation was William Joseph "Colonel Joe" Simmons with a gaggle of sycophants at least some of whom had been part of a recent lynch mob that hanged Leo Frank.

The formation of the FIRST (original) KKK at Christmas 1865 exactly fifty years prior, was done before Reconstruction, had nothing to do with Reconstruction, and didn't involve N. B. Forrest. Points of clarification.

I just thought it was ironic the poster mentioned a cross burning in a story having to do with Atlanta.

That act (cross burning) was something Simmons took directly from the movie "Birth of a Nation" which inserted it as dramatic license. The original Klan never did that.
Hmmm...Reconstruction commonly considered to be that time between the end of the Civil War and the re-enstatement of the full rights of the former confederacy...but no matter..I found a true historical funny!

The first Klan was founded in Pulaski, Tennessee, on December 24, 1865,[34] by six former officers of the Confederate army:[35] Frank McCord, Richard Reed, John Lester, John Kennedy, J. Calvin Jones and James Crowe.[

which is to say..one of the founding members of the KKK was Jim Crowe!

ROTFLMAO!

Once AGAIN I noted in my OP that it hurts the city, and that that is unfortunate. But you don't hold an event like the ASG in a state, you hold it in a city, and cities live in states.

If it serves to clarify, MLB isn't saying it won't hold the ASG in Atlanta --- it's saying it won't hold the ASG in Georgia.

And so is the PGA. You couldn't move either of them to, say, Athens, because that's still Georgia.
Master's ain't going anywhere--those are the folks who SUPPORT voter repression~

Once AGAIN I noted in my OP that it hurts the city, and that that is unfortunate.

Look at the title of your OP. You take delight in it.

You can try that tripe with someone else, but just not me.

Generally if somebody starts a thread title with the word "Bwahaha" you can pretty much bank on the fact that they're getting a gaggle of giggles out of it, sure.

It looks like this :113::happy-1:

But as you said let's look at my title in full. It says "MLB pulls ASG out of Georgia". It does not say "MLB pulls ASG out of Atlanta". That word choice was, as always, intentional.

Once AGAIN I noted in my OP that it hurts the city, and that that is unfortunate.

Generally if somebody starts a thread title with the word "Bwahaha" you can pretty much bank on the fact that they're getting a gaggle of giggles out of it, sure.

But as you said let's look at my title in full. It says "MLB pulls ASG out of Georgia". It does not say "MLB pulls ASG out of Atlanta". That word choice was, as always, intentional.

You are splitting hairs, Pogo. One only employs such an argumentative practice when their position is weak and indefensible.

MLB just did the equivalent of laying down for the national anthem. What the hell makes them think they are the voting police. It's obvious they don't know shit about it. And we should all take the time to welcome one of the countries greatest racists, Lebron James, to MLB. There goes the neighborhood. Fuck MLB

Bizzaro post, considering that one of baseball's many sins is that it's responsible for bringing that national anthem (actually it wasn't the national anthem yet at the time) INTO public sporting events where it had no business being. That was during the WWI jingoism hysteria. The same hysteria that would rip Dachshunds from their owners and stone them to death on the street simply because "Dachshund" is a German word. The same jingoist mob mentality that sentenced Earnest Starr to 10 to 20 hard labor for refusing a jingo-mob's demand that he kiss a flag.

You are splitting hairs, Pogo. One only employs such an argumentative practice when their position is weak and indefensible.

I quoted myself DIRECTLY. And accurately. Doesn't get much stronger than that.

I quoted myself DIRECTLY. And accurately. Doesn't get much stronger than that.

But you aren't defending your point. Which makes what you did or did not say --in regards to the game's location-- meaningless in the grand scheme of this discussion.

I like how you are trying to shift this discussion elsewhere, away from the subject matter in your own post.

You don't seem to care if this hurts African-American business owners in Atlanta, where the actual game would have been played.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back