Biden Says He Would Support Moving All-Star Game Over Georgia Voting Law

And you are happy about this because.....why? :dunno:
Because, Georgia needs to feel some pain over their efforts to halt black voters from voting. Bigly!!!
That's a lie and you know it, hack. Nobody is trying to halt any legal vote.
Apparently we don't know it because *checks notes*

Merck has spoken out
American Express has spoken out
Coke has spoken out
Delta has spoken out

So apparently your message that it's all good and does nothing wrong is being lost on us...

Do you like the salty taste of corporate dick in your mouth, hack?
Interesting that you know that they're salty.

2/10, try harder.

This year's summer All Star Game (ASG) was supposed to take place in Atlanta. Now it won't. Thank the water-hating crackers in the Georgia state legislature for that.

>> “Major League Baseball fundamentally supports voting rights for all Americans and opposes restrictions to the ballot box,” Manfred said. “In 2020, MLB became the first professional sports league to join the non-partisan Civic Alliance to help build a future in which everyone participates in shaping the United States. We proudly used our platform to encourage baseball fans and communities throughout our country to perform their civic duty and actively participate in the voting process. Fair access to voting continues to have our game’s unwavering support.”​
Though the game will no longer take place in Atlanta, the 2021 Midsummer Classic will still celebrate the memory of the late Hank Aaron, an Atlanta icon who passed away on Jan. 22. MLB will also move forward with planned investments to support local communities in Atlanta as part of the All-Star Legacy Projects.​
“We are finalizing a new host city, and details about these events will be announced shortly,” Manfred said.​
The Players Alliance issued a statement in support of the decision, saying: “We want to make our voice heard loud and clear in our opposition of the recent Georgia legislation that not only disproportionately disenfranchises the Black community, but also paves the way for other states to pass similarly harmful laws based largely on widespread falsehoods and disinformation.​
“While we will support those in need in whichever city the game is ultimately relocated to, we will also uphold our commitment to those Georgians we’ve already planned to serve. We will use our voice, our platform, and our partnerships now more than ever to create real, tangible change for the Black community to stand up for every American’s right to vote.​
“We will not be silenced. We won’t back down in the fight for racial equity. We will never stop breaking barriers to the ballot box.”​
... This was to have been the first All-Star Game held in Atlanta since 2000 and the first at Truist Park, which opened in 2017. <<​

Linkie

So proud to be a baseball fan right now. Even though just yesterday another fan and I were in a long conversation about MLB's outlook and what it's doing wrong in recent changes. And because I am a baseball fan I noticed in yesterday's Opening Day game that Georgia's team the Atlanta Braves was sporting a shoulder patch proudly poclaiming "All Star Game" on its uniforms. Those patches will now have to come off. Or if they like, stay on there to attract more attention to what went down. Kinda sucks for the city of Atlanta, which certainly wasn't behind the antidemocratic bullshit, but let it be a lesson to the yahoos in the rest of the state who keep electing the Confederate mindset and the Marjorie Taylor Fucking Greenes.

YER OUT!
PGA tournament canceling also.

This year's summer All Star Game (ASG) was supposed to take place in Atlanta. Now it won't. Thank the water-hating crackers in the Georgia state legislature for that.

>> “Major League Baseball fundamentally supports voting rights for all Americans and opposes restrictions to the ballot box,” Manfred said. “In 2020, MLB became the first professional sports league to join the non-partisan Civic Alliance to help build a future in which everyone participates in shaping the United States. We proudly used our platform to encourage baseball fans and communities throughout our country to perform their civic duty and actively participate in the voting process. Fair access to voting continues to have our game’s unwavering support.”​
Though the game will no longer take place in Atlanta, the 2021 Midsummer Classic will still celebrate the memory of the late Hank Aaron, an Atlanta icon who passed away on Jan. 22. MLB will also move forward with planned investments to support local communities in Atlanta as part of the All-Star Legacy Projects.​
“We are finalizing a new host city, and details about these events will be announced shortly,” Manfred said.​
The Players Alliance issued a statement in support of the decision, saying: “We want to make our voice heard loud and clear in our opposition of the recent Georgia legislation that not only disproportionately disenfranchises the Black community, but also paves the way for other states to pass similarly harmful laws based largely on widespread falsehoods and disinformation.​
“While we will support those in need in whichever city the game is ultimately relocated to, we will also uphold our commitment to those Georgians we’ve already planned to serve. We will use our voice, our platform, and our partnerships now more than ever to create real, tangible change for the Black community to stand up for every American’s right to vote.​
“We will not be silenced. We won’t back down in the fight for racial equity. We will never stop breaking barriers to the ballot box.”​
... This was to have been the first All-Star Game held in Atlanta since 2000 and the first at Truist Park, which opened in 2017. <<​

Linkie

So proud to be a baseball fan right now. Even though just yesterday another fan and I were in a long conversation about MLB's outlook and what it's doing wrong in recent changes. And because I am a baseball fan I noticed in yesterday's Opening Day game that Georgia's team the Atlanta Braves was sporting a shoulder patch proudly poclaiming "All Star Game" on its uniforms. Those patches will now have to come off. Or if they like, stay on there to attract more attention to what went down. Kinda sucks for the city of Atlanta, which certainly wasn't behind the antidemocratic bullshit, but let it be a lesson to the yahoos in the rest of the state who keep electing the Confederate mindset and the Marjorie Taylor Fucking Greenes.

YER OUT!

Yes, there's a current thread about that here.

I thought that had happened a while ago. So many protests against this bullshit that I can't keep up.

Linkie

YER OUT!

Yes, there's a current thread about that here.

I thought that had happened a while ago. So many protests against this bullshit that I can't keep up.
They certainly will get reelected for doing such a fine job.

Linkie

YER OUT!
..lots of blacks work at hotels/game/etc--no they are fkd

We get it, think and do as we do or else.
MLB is not for voter suppression. I guess that you are.

There is no voter suppression, you children buy all the shit the Media feeds you.

Want a drink of water?

:rofl:

I tell ya what I don't live far from Georgia --- next time they have them an election umma drive down there with a case of water bottles and run me a little "test". Course, I expect hundreds of others are gonna do the same thing. We'll make it rain, it'll be so wet.

It's tragic that MLB has fallen to the propaganda and lies by the Xiden admin about this new law that expands voting rights, while making sure long lines are a thing of the past.

We are already seeing a direct victim of the lies of the left
If this law eliminated long lines at the polls, why did they make it illegal tio give food or water those in these supposedly nonexistent lines

It's tragic that MLB has fallen to the propaganda and lies by the Xiden admin about this new law that expands voting rights, while making sure long lines are a thing of the past.

If this law eliminated long lines at the polls, why did they make it illegal tio give food or water those in these supposedly nonexistent lines

Because, moron, the democrat party passes out food and water as they electioneer outside of the polls.....which is why they had to make that law in the first place, you idiot.

You can simply go 150 feet away from the poll to get food or water, or bring your own....you idiot.

Do you drink the democrat party kool-aid with both hands?

And the increased hours means there won't be lines in the first place you doofus.

Let all those left leaning businessess leave . I am sure others will come in and want those tax cuts.. Take all the Marxist that live in Atlanta area too. Turn Georgia red again

Let all those left leaning businessess leave . I am sure others will come in and want those tax cuts.. Take all the Marxist that live in Atlanta area too. Turn Georgia red again

Um... "all the Marxist"? "Businessess"?

Georgia schooling huh? Why do I get the feeling South Carolina is laughing its ass off right now....

The NBA announced right after their lowest viewed all star game that they will not be sponsoring BLM next year....learned a lessen...the MLB front office must be filled with morons.....
I know you are too stupid to realize it, but you are telling on yourself and showing who you really are. You instantly went to "BLM". This shows everyone that you know these measures are meant to suppress the minority vote (even though not a single word was said about minorities in the law). And your little cackling fit shows you LOVE these laws and shows why you love them. So, thank you for being too stupid to hide who you are. Clarity is good. We are at a crossroads and need to stand up and be counted. And we know who you stand with....
All I did was report what another pro sports league stated last week....

The all star game is just a spectacle for die hards and star gazers but it is a big money maker for the host city. So this amounts to a bunch of stupid peckerheads that decided to punish themselves because their state decided to be smart Americans. Democrats are now even screwing their own cities but nobody is surprised about that either.

they didn't...poll workers can still make food and water available. You can also donate food and water for them to as well....

Moreover you yourself can hand out water and food so long as you are 150 feet from the poling station, and the people aren't in line yet. Go for it...my guess is you won't do either because you really don't care....or you would have done something about NY or Minn law for example

Forum List

Back