Biden to sign bill making lynching a federal hate crime into law

(CNN)President Joe Biden on Tuesday is set to sign into law a bill that would make lynching a federal hate crime after Congress approved the legislation earlier this month with overwhelming bipartisan support.

Thank gawd, the lynching going on in this country have been running rampant......Never mind high gas, food, inflation, or Tater gaffing his way into WW-III, our dem overlords have "priorities".

Interesting. What's the urgency of this new law?

Has there been an epidemic of lynchings going on? Have state governments been refusing to effectively prosecute them?

Will this new law make people less likely to commit a lynching?

Dude go away you're incapable of understanding what we're even discussing. Pin head
The level of stupid in your discussion is fascinating but not out of the realm of understanding. I suppose that’s why you can’t answer my questions and simply respond with angry insults.

"ZOMG that white guy killed that black guy because he is racist! HATE CRIME
ZOMG why didnt that guy get 2 charges when he killed his ex girlfriends new boyfriend? He hated him! Oh he was white too. Nevermind"
Hate crime laws are just more discrimination from the government.

Does the hate crime law state it’s illegal to call somebody a name?
since a hate crime is defined by bias towards a particular section or sector, how would you know it was a "hate" crime if they DID NOT call someone a name?

look at the examples, each uses calling someone a name to flag it as a "hate crime". so is simply calling someone a name a "hate crime"?

(c) Threatens a specific person or group of persons and places that person, or members of the specific group of persons, in reasonable fear of harm to person or property. The fear must be a fear that a reasonable person would have under all the circumstances. For purposes of this section, a "reasonable person" is a reasonable person who is a member of the victim's race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation, or who has the same gender expression or identity, or the same mental, physical, or sensory disability as the victim. Words alone do not constitute a hate crime offense unless the context or circumstances surrounding the words indicate the words are a threat. Threatening words do not constitute a hate crime offense if it is apparent to the victim that the person does not have the ability to carry out the threat.

now go to the police and tell them someone threatened you and see if they rush out to arrest them or say wait til something actually happens.

Hell, most of the lynching was committed by dems. Then again I've always said dems suffer from self-loathing. ;)
Sounds like Clinton's "tough on crime" initiatives. They make the laws but then when the criminal demographic that is penalized by the laws are not who they were targeting--we have BLM/Antifa riots and they let them all out jail claiming systemic racism.

since a hate crime is defined by bias towards a particular section or sector, how would you know it was a "hate" crime if they DID NOT call someone a name?

look at the examples, each uses calling someone a name to flag it as a "hate crime". so is simply calling someone a name a "hate crime"?

(c) Threatens a specific person or group of persons and places that person, or members of the specific group of persons, in reasonable fear of harm to person or property. The fear must be a fear that a reasonable person would have under all the circumstances. For purposes of this section, a "reasonable person" is a reasonable person who is a member of the victim's race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation, or who has the same gender expression or identity, or the same mental, physical, or sensory disability as the victim. Words alone do not constitute a hate crime offense unless the context or circumstances surrounding the words indicate the words are a threat. Threatening words do not constitute a hate crime offense if it is apparent to the victim that the person does not have the ability to carry out the threat.

now go to the police and tell them someone threatened you and see if they rush out to arrest them or say wait til something actually happens.
Hate crime enhancements are stupid on their face. I fail to see how you could class ANY murder as less than the ultimate hate crime regardless of any other extraneous circumstances.

(CNN)President Joe Biden on Tuesday is set to sign into law a bill that would make lynching a federal hate crime after Congress approved the legislation earlier this month with overwhelming bipartisan support.

Thank gawd, the lynching going on in this country have been running rampant......Never mind high gas, food, inflation, or Tater gaffing his way into WW-III, our dem overlords have "priorities".

Well shit . . . there go my plans for the weekend. Now I have to call up all my friends and tell them this week's lynching is cancelled—indefinitely. Cause you know . . . it's such a damn common recreational activity in 2022 . . .

"Lynching" will be re-defined to make any crime a federal crime.

We need to disband the federal government forever.

Well shit . . . there go my plans for the weekend. Now I have to call up all my friends and tell them this week's lynching is cancelled—indefinitely. Cause you know . . . it's such a damn common recreational activity in 2022 . . .
You can go fishing instead.

R.fa1d5682e2712581cdf8af99afa6cb30

Does the law cover/include High tech Lynching? Clarence Thomas could of used such a law!

Forum List

Back