Bidens sanctions on Russia will affect you and I the most

Republicans should run on their great relationship with Putin and how Biden is mean to him
There are previous "sanctions" which haven't proven too "mean" especially to those with friends in high places::

VEB, the Russian Bank Sanctioned by Biden Yesterday, Has an Uncomfortable History with Jared Kushner, JPMorgan and Citigroup

"Yesterday, President Biden announced a roster of sanctions against Russia over its aggression against Ukraine...."

"One of the entities sanctioned yesterday was state-owned Russian bank Vnesheconombank (VEB)..."

"The problem is that VEB has already been under U.S. sanctions since July 16, 2014 as a result of Russia’s earlier efforts to destabilize eastern Ukraine and its occupation of Crimea.

"Those sanctions did not work out so well..."

"Then there was the December 2016 meeting by VEB’s then Chairman, Sergey Gorkov, a former intelligence officer appointed by Russian President Vladimir Putin, with Jared Kushner, then President-elect Donald Trump’s son-in-law and advisor.

"Reuters reported in May 2017 that 'FBI investigators are examining whether Russians suggested to Kushner or other Trump aides that relaxing economic sanctions would allow Russian banks to offer financing to people with ties to Trump, said the current U.S. law enforcement official.'"

Don't worry...

Biden has a secret plan that will bring Putin to his knees....

He plans to give Putin some of Hunter's crack-fueled paintings to look at, then go shit on the Kremlin carpets!!!!

No, I don't support NATO or any long term foreign entanglements. I support temporary alliances of mutual benefit.
I wonder if that approach would have worked in 1940s with Nazi Germany having a full European empire. Today, we also have authoritarian China as a threat.

I wonder if that approach would have worked in 1940s with Nazi Germany having a full European empire. Today, we also have authoritarian China as a threat.
Had we used that approach in 1917 it would have been a very different 1940. Sadly we are stuck with the lunacy of today so it doesn't matter.

Forum List

Back