Big Mouth Gun Nut gets a lesson in Karma

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2009
Finger Lakes, NY
Gun lovin' Florida mom says 4-year-old son shot her in the back

PALATKA, Fla. -- A north Florida woman told deputies her 4-year-old son shot her in the back while he was sitting in the back seat of her pickup truck.

25 PHOTOS
America's favorite guns

A Putnam County Sheriff's Office news release says a deputy saw 31-year-old Jamie Gilt of Jacksonville behaving frantically inside the truck Tuesday afternoon and quickly realized she'd been shot.

The release says the woman told deputies her son accidentally shot her. He wasn't harmed and was reunited with family members. The Department of Children and Families will investigate.

CBS affiliate WJAX reports that deputies found Gilt with a bullet wound inside her truck with a horse trailer on the back stopped in travel lanes on a highway. She was on her way to pick up a horse, according to deputies.

...uh who was she?

A gun NUT.

Read up:

Gun Rights Advocate Jamie Gilt Reportedly Shot by Young Son

She said she has the gun to protect her 4yo but he wasn't even in a car seat or seat belt.

12814028_984747391596117_4723159586414281024_n.jpg

The 4yo has his own .22.

Toddlers shot, killed/wounded more than 40 people last year.

When are we going to hold parents responsible for giving their little tiny kids guns?

1930645_10209106819732785_7341178595103653173_n.jpg

She said she has the gun to protect her 4yo but he wasn't even in a car seat or seat belt.

Depending on her state she broke about 5 laws and should do about 3 years in prison and lose custody of that kid.

Since its Florida, maybe the kid will plead "stand your ground" and self defense.

These irresponsible parents, like her, should lose custody of their child.

BUT

Investigators Called the Shooting ‘Accidental’ & ‘Not a Criminal Event’

(Facebook)

Sheriff’s deputies are still investigating the incident, particularly how the child got his hands on the loaded gun. Speaking to the media, Capt. Joseph Wells of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office said, “This is definitely not a criminal event. This is an accidental shooting.”

But the shooting could still lead to criminal charges against Gilt, the sheriff’s office said in a statement:

Our investigation has revealed that the firearm was legally owned by the victim and the child came to possess the firearm without the victim’s knowledge. Florida Statute makes it a misdemeanor for a person to store or leave, on a premise under his or her control, a loaded firearm in such a manner that it is likely a child can gain access to the firearm. The investigation is ongoing to determine exactly how the firearm was stored in the vehicle. The primary concern for PCSO at this time is to provide the necessary services and assistance to the young man and his family. Due to her medical condition, Detectives have not been able to interview the victim and any decision on the filing of criminal charges will not come until after we speak with the victim. It is not known when we anticipate speaking with the victim.

The Department of Children and Family Services is also investigating the incident. Her son is with family members.

But we "don't have a gun culture". So this couldn't have happened. :eusa_snooty:

I saw "Big Mouth Gun Nut" in the title and thought this was a John McGraw thread.

Depending on her state she broke about 5 laws and should do about 3 years in prison and lose custody of that kid.

Since its Florida, maybe the kid will plead "stand your ground" and self defense.

These irresponsible parents, like her, should lose custody of their child.

BUT

Investigators Called the Shooting ‘Accidental’ & ‘Not a Criminal Event’

(Facebook)

Sheriff’s deputies are still investigating the incident, particularly how the child got his hands on the loaded gun. Speaking to the media, Capt. Joseph Wells of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office said, “This is definitely not a criminal event. This is an accidental shooting.”

But the shooting could still lead to criminal charges against Gilt, the sheriff’s office said in a statement:

Our investigation has revealed that the firearm was legally owned by the victim and the child came to possess the firearm without the victim’s knowledge. Florida Statute makes it a misdemeanor for a person to store or leave, on a premise under his or her control, a loaded firearm in such a manner that it is likely a child can gain access to the firearm. The investigation is ongoing to determine exactly how the firearm was stored in the vehicle. The primary concern for PCSO at this time is to provide the necessary services and assistance to the young man and his family. Due to her medical condition, Detectives have not been able to interview the victim and any decision on the filing of criminal charges will not come until after we speak with the victim. It is not known when we anticipate speaking with the victim.

The Department of Children and Family Services is also investigating the incident. Her son is with family members.

A reasonable guess was that the gun was 1) loaded and 2) out of sight and control of the woman and 3) easily accessible to a 4 year old who may very well should have been in a child seat.

If he'd shot her through the spine she could have sat in a chair for the rest of her life with plenty of time to rant about gun rights on the internet...

...if her arms worked.

PALATKA, Fla. -- A north Florida woman told deputies her 4-year-old son shot her in the back while he was sitting in the back seat of her pickup truck.

25 PHOTOS
America's favorite guns

A Putnam County Sheriff's Office news release says a deputy saw 31-year-old Jamie Gilt of Jacksonville behaving frantically inside the truck Tuesday afternoon and quickly realized she'd been shot.

The release says the woman told deputies her son accidentally shot her. He wasn't harmed and was reunited with family members. The Department of Children and Families will investigate.

CBS affiliate WJAX reports that deputies found Gilt with a bullet wound inside her truck with a horse trailer on the back stopped in travel lanes on a highway. She was on her way to pick up a horse, according to deputies.

...uh who was she?

A gun NUT.

Read up:

Yo, this is an old story? Where are the Mods? Answer me this? Can you match the accident shooting to the saving life shooting? I rest my case FOOL!

"GTP"
emoji_murder.png

25 PHOTOS
America's favorite guns

...uh who was she?

A gun NUT.

Read up:

Yo, this is an old story? Where are the Mods? Answer me this? Can you match the accident shooting to the saving life shooting? I rest my case FOOL!

"GTP"
View attachment 66899

lol, next time tell them to hold the mushrooms.

Seriously, would it be that hard to preserve gun rights without gun nuttery? I own guns. I support gun rights. But I'm not about to let a pre-schooler shoot me in the ass to prove it.

Forum List

Back