Big Ten (really 14) wins its first two bowl games

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
I expected iowa to win but not purdue. 6 more BT bowl games to go. If the refs are honest (a big if) the BT never loses a bowl game.

SEC Mizzou went into HOU trash-talking and disrespecting Big12 Texas. Texas DEF swarmed them most of the night and beat them pretty good. Texas then acted kinda poorly at the end, even Tex coach was taunting? Tex punter stopped a buch of kicks inside the 5......and almost all inside the 20. Mizzou could never get going.

SEC Mizzou went into HOU trash-talking and disrespecting Big12 Texas. Texas DEF swarmed them most of the night and beat them pretty good. Texas then acted kinda poorly at the end, even Tex coach was taunting? Tex punter stopped a buch of kicks inside the 5......and almost all inside the 20. Mizzou could never get going.

They played the 7th best team in the SEC. Beating them is not much to brag about. 5 schools did it in the regular season, including that vaunted powerhouse Purdue.

I heard Big 10 Mich & SC almost brawled at bowling alley? Coaches had to break it up at some event?

They played the 7th best team in the SEC. Beating them is not much to brag about. 5 schools did it in the regular season, including that vaunted powerhouse Purdue.

They were on huge roll after starting 1-5, avg 45 pts per game. Very good offense. They did not play well. I don't think 2nd half MO is 7th best in SEC? Maybe tied for 4th best?

There's an iowa?

Yep. They beat Ohio State like a redheaded stepchild in the regular season.

Big reason OSU lost that game is because the corrupt refs ejected the State star linebacker for "targeting" when it was just normal contact.

Normal contact? Bosa hit the QB with the crown of his helmet. The targeting was blatant.

And Iowa had already scored 24 points BEFORE the TD pass after Bosa was ejected. But you want to say the blatant call was bogus? And that Ohio State was somehow going to come out and score more than the single TD they got in the 2nd half? Bosa doesn't play offense. And even with Bosa, you think Ohio State would have held Iowa completely scoreless in the 2nd half? Even then, it would have gone to OT, because Iowa already had as many points as Ohio State scored the entire game.

No, Ohio State laid an egg. They had been reading their own press too much and Iowa put an old fashioned ass-whipping on them.

Last edited:
Michigan State just won their bowl game and now the big ten is 3-0. Tmrw friday is the big game. OSU vs USC. If ohio wins they will probably wind up number 2 in the final poll which i expect out jan 9.

If ohio loses and wiscy wins then they may be number 2.

Normal contact? Bosa hit the QB with the crown of his helmet. The targeting was blatant.

And Iowa had already scored 24 points BEFORE the TD pass after Bosa was ejected. But you want to say the blatant call was bogus? And that Ohio State was somehow going to come out and score more than the single TD they got in the 2nd half? Bosa doesn't play offense. And even with Bosa, you think Ohio State would have held Iowa completely scoreless in the 2nd half? Even then, it would have gone to OT, because Iowa already had as many points as Ohio State scored the entire game.

No, Ohio State laid an egg. They had been reading their own press too much and Iowa put an old fashioned ass-whipping on them.

I've seen the video of that bosa hit 20 times and i still call it normal contact. This ain't lawn tennis, son.

I admit ohio played badly but Iowa was a very good team They lost 3 close games to very good teams.. Could have easily been 10-3.

I've seen the video of that bosa hit 20 times and i still call it normal contact. This ain't lawn tennis, son.

I admit ohio played badly but Iowa was a very good team They lost 3 close games to very good teams.. Could have easily been 10-3.

I didn't expect it to be lawn tennis. But what Bosa did was targeting, pure & simple. You may not like the rule. But it is there. The players have to follow it.

Forum List

Back