Bill Allowing Businesses to Refuse Gays Service

KevinWestern

Hello
Mar 8, 2012
Chicago, IL
Wondering if someone could explain this to me...

You don't hear many stories of a Christian business owner refusing to serve someone who uses the Lord's name in vein, or someone who works on Sunday (by choice), or someone who commits adultery, or someone who worships idols, or someone who gambles/drinks a lot, or someone who doesn't honor his/her parents, etc, but you DO hear stories of Christian business owners refusing to serve a gay customers.

Why just this ONE sin, lol? Why are all the other sins ignored?

I think that's a fair question....

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/22/u...-businesses-to-refuse-to-serve-gays.html?_r=0

Last edited:

You don't hear many stories of a Christian business owner refusing to serve someone who uses the Lord's name in vein, or someone who works on Sunday (by choice), or someone who commits adultery, or someone who worships idols, or someone who gambles/drinks a lot, or someone who doesn't honor his/her parents, etc, but you DO hear stories of Christian business owners refusing to serve a gay customers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/22/u...-businesses-to-refuse-to-serve-gays.html?_r=0

Because they're irrational hypocrites?

I guess ignoring the fact that the people refused service for gay weddings, not gays in general. Are you saying people don't have the right to prefer traditional marriage or the choice not to participate in nontraditional ceremonies?

And you're a lying asshole, ya want to talk or trade name calling? BITCH!

I guess ignoring the fact that the people refused service for gay weddings, not gays in general. Are you saying people don't have the right to prefer traditional marriage or the choice not to participate in nontraditional ceremonies?

To clarify, I support a business's right to refuse service to anyone they want. I'm generally a person who wants less government involvement in our lives.

The OP question was why do Christians single gay people out? Why don't they also refuse to serve people who work on Sunday (by choice) - for instance - or a guy who says "Jesus Christ" in vein all of the time, or a guy who gambles and is divorced, or a guy who's known to worship idols, or a guy who doesn't honor his parents, etc?

Why do they single out the gays as the customer of choice to refuse, as if they are the only humans on the planet who sin?

Last edited:
It's kind of a broad brush you got there Kevin. Not all christians do that.

With that said..I think a business has a right to refuse service to anyone. They are paying the rent, the bills, the overhead. If they want to lose customers due to a sexual preference.....then that is on them. But to FORCE them to service people is kind of..well..unamerican. Isn't it?

Last edited:

To clarify, I support a business's right to refuse service to anyone they want. I'm generally a person who wants less government involvement in our lives.

The OP question was why do Christians single gay people out? Why don't they also refuse to serve people who work on Sunday (by choice) - for instance - or a guy who says "Jesus Christ" in vein all of the time, or a guy who gambles and is divorced, or a guy who's known to worship idols, or a guy who doesn't honor his parents, etc?

Why do they single out the gays as the customer of choice to refuse?

Because it fits in with 2014 GOP dogma and superstition. Only parts of the Bible are adhered to and this is supposed to be the basis of the Party. It would seem that you can't pick and choose what parts of the Bible you want to accept and believe but that is what they did with the book and that is what they are doing with gays; only certain "sins" are prosecutable.

Ironic (NOT!) that they just happen to be the same sins identified by the GOP.

First you're making assumptions that it's only Christians and once again you ignored my point about them refusing to service weddings, I haven't seen any evidence of other reasons.

Last edited:
Christian's are the least of you're worries, check out the Muslims

lol.

Of course, by extension, I have to point out that there is noting that says you can’t be an irrational hypocrite. Nay, that is even protected under our grate constitution. You can be as irrational and hypocritical as you want.

lol.

Of course, by extension, I have to point out that there is noting that says you can’t be an irrational hypocrite. Nay, that is even protected under our grate constitution. You can be as irrational and hypocritical as you want.

I heartily agree! Furthermore, one man's irrational hypocrite is another's righteous visionary. Certainly don't want these opinions dictated by law.

Last edited:

Jude 1 in the Bible describes in clear language that anyone supporting or enabling a homosexual cultural takeover is as guilty or moreso of disturbing the Sacred Matrix. The punishment is eternal damnation in the pit of hell.

ie: this ain't a venial sin where a dozen hail marys will get you off the hook. Individual sins are bad enough of the mortal type. But when that mortal sin stands to derail the entire foundation of the Big Plan like preserving the unique lessons learned in male-female interaction, then that's why it's such a big deal. When a sin becomes a cultural value is when the Big Guy takes his gloves off and hits HARD. So many more people can be negatively impacted this way than just the random murder etc.

Last edited:

First you're making assumptions that it's not only Christians and once again you ignored my point about them refusing to service weddings, I haven't seen any evidence of other reasons.

Oh I get what you mean, but let me approach it this way..

Why don't we see cases of bakeries refusing to make a cake for someone who is getting married for the second or third time - for example? Wouldn't that be just as significant of a sin in God's eyes?

I just feel like some Christian individuals focus in a lot on the gay lifestyle (as sinful) while turning a blind eye (and even welcoming) other types of sinful lifestyles..

Because it fits in with 2014 GOP dogma and superstition. Only parts of the Bible are adhered to and this is supposed to be the basis of the Party. It would seem that you can't pick and choose what parts of the Bible you want to accept and believe but that is what they did with the book and that is what they are doing with gays; only certain "sins" are prosecutable.

Ironic (NOT!) that they just happen to be the same sins identified by the GOP.
Well, your causation is completely backwards. The GOP didn’t create this, those religious that hold it against their beliefs to support gay weddings did and being that they are almost universally Republicans that effects the party’s platform – as it SHOULD.

Jude 1 in the Bible describes in clear language that anyone supporting or enabling a homosexual cultural takeover is as guilty or moreso of disturbing the Sacred Matrix. The punishment is eternal damnation in the pit of hell.

ie: this ain't a venial sin where a dozen hail marys will get you off the hook. Individual sins are bad enough of the mortal type. But when that mortal sin stands to derail the entire foundation of the Big Plan like preserving the unique lessons learned in male-female interaction, then that's why it's such a big deal. When a sin becomes a cultural value is when the Big Guy takes his gloves off and hits HARD. So many more people can be negatively impacted this way than just the random murder etc.

Are you saying that being gay is a form of 'ultimate sin' and that someone like Elton John is going to a deeper level of hell than Adolf Hitler? I don't know if I buy that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back