Bill Gates compares Trump to JFK

Trump-supporting Tea Partier stuns CNN host by saying the president-elect is on the verge of treason
Source: Raw Story

Former Republican Congressman and prominent conservative radio host Joe Walsh slammed the president-elect and fellow Republicans Monday over their lack of interest in investigating Russia’s attempt to influence the election in favor of Donald Trump.

“I’m outraged at the lack of outrage, especially on my side, the Republican side,” Walsh told CNN’s Brooke Baldwin. “I get that the country is divided, but my god: a foreign government interfered with our election. That should piss everybody off.”

Walsh iterated several of the talking points he made earlier Monday on Twitter, ripping into the partisan reaction to the CIA assessment. “It’s like because our guy won, Trump won, we’re going to keep our mouths shut,” Walsh said. “I mean that’s just so wrong.”

Discussing the Trump transition team’s statement Friday insisting CIA officers are “the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction,” Walsh said his attacks on the intelligence community are verging on treason.

“For Donald Trump to come out and attack our men and women in the CIA, that’s almost treasonous,” Walsh said. “Russia attacks us and Trump attacks the CIA. He ought to be the one calling for an investigation.”

Read more: Trump-supporting Tea Partier stuns CNN host by saying the president-elect is on the verge of treason

Gates, the billionaire Microsoft founder and philanthropist, told CNBC that Trump can lead the U.S. “through innovation” and compared Trump’s ideas to Kennedy’s expansion of the U.S. space program in the early 1960s.

“But in the same way President Kennedy talked about the space mission and got the country behind that, I think whether it’s education or stopping epidemics … [or] in this energy space, there can be a very upbeat message that [Trump’s] administration [is] going to organizing things, get rid of regulatory barriers, and have American leadership through innovation,” Gates said.

• Banned
Joe Walsh is an American hero who has vowed to run for president 1 day.

he's just wrong on some issues, like Russia hacking.

Forum List

Back