Bill Maher insults Tebow

Do you support Bill Maher's vile insulting trash talking about Tebow/Jesus

• Yes, the 1st Amendment protects ass-wipe scum like Maher

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • No, Maher needs to have his show cancelled immediately

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • No one cares what Hollywood morons say, its simply not news.

Votes: 23 46.0%

• Total voters
I agree whole heartedly. But democrats attacked the children.

Can you agree that was rather low life of them or not?

I think they attacked Palin's use of the children.

And Bristol made herself a celebrety target on her own.
1/4 million $ for endorsing sexual abstinance???

Nope it went much further. In fact the comedian said they would not stop and step up the attacks.

And you get upset over what a comedian says?
Glad you have your priorities in order.

None of this is making me want to sign up for HBO or ESPN2.

We have HBO in order to get Maher's show. Wouldn't have it otherwise.

This really is a big to-do over nothing. Its not entirely clear if y'all are upset because a football player got insulted or because his Christian posturing got insulted. Either way, its very telling that so many of you would happily usurp one man's First Amendment rights over something so inconsequential.

For many of you, this is a one way street. Christians have rights but other religions do not.

Just as I said about Romney's wacko beliefs, I would defend Tebow's right to belief anything he wants. I would also defend Maher's beliefs as well as every single one of yours.

Too bad that some right winger's would do just the opposite.

This really is a big to-do over nothing. Its not entirely clear if y'all are upset because a football player got insulted or because his Christian posturing got insulted. Either way, its very telling that so many of you would happily usurp one man's First Amendment rights over something so inconsequential.

For many of you, this is a one way street. Christians have rights but other religions do not.

Just as I said about Romney's wacko beliefs, I would defend Tebow's right to belief anything he wants. I would also defend Maher's beliefs as well as every single one of yours.

Not much difference, with many, football is a religion with it's fanatical followers.

I dont believe this is a debate about Mahers first ammendemnt rights.

I believe it is a debate about the lack of tolerance by the boradcasters when race or Islam is attacked...compared to the tolerance of the same when Christinaity is attacked.

NPR fired Williams when he skirted away form the PC-ness of radical Islam.

Never said Maher didn't have the right to say what he did dimwit. Don't get a nosebleed up there on the soapbox.

Not much difference, with many, football is a religion with it's fanatical followers.

This has nothing to do with football any more than that golf broadcaster using the term "lynch mob" had to do with golf.

It has to do with the equality of tolerance.

This has nothing to do with football any more than that golf broadcaster using the term "lynch mob" had to do with golf.

Equality of tolerance? Equality is just a pipe dream.
We are speaking about a comedian here not a newscaster.

Rush gets by with lots of stuff too. He even insults politicians children and wives.
But then he is just a right wing comedian.

I believe it is a debate about the lack of tolerance by the boradcasters when race or Islam is attacked...compared to the tolerance of the same when Christinaity is attacked.

All I saw were attacks against Maher. That's fine ... I'm not saying that people should not state their opinions about him.

I haven't seen actual examples of this "lack of tolerance by the boradcasters when race or Islam is attacked...compared to the tolerance of the same when Christinaity is attacked" and did not see where anyone cited actual examples. I suspect there aren't any.

If there are, please post a link because I really would like to see it.

Rush gets by with lots of stuff too. He even insults politicians children and wives.

And we were talkuing about a golf sportcaster and not a newscaster as well.

Yet....even though it waS quite obvious that she meant no harm with what she said...and she is a great friend of woods...and she was not aware of the racial undertones of what she said....she was suspended non the less.

Now that being said...I dont think Maher should be reprimanded at all...but neither should Juan Williams with NPR and neither should have that golf sportscaster.

But as it pertians to equality of tolerance in the "entertainemtn" world...Christinaity is given less consideration than race and Isalm...

All should be treated with 100% tolerance.

I miss the days of Don Rickles.

Yet....even though it waS quite obvious that she meant no harm with what she said...and she is a great friend of woods...and she was not aware of the racial undertones of what she said....she was suspended non the less.

Now that being said...I dont think Maher should be reprimanded at all...but neither should Juan Williams with NPR and neither should have that golf sportscaster.

But as it pertians to equality of tolerance in the "entertainemtn" world...Christinaity is given less consideration than race and Isalm...

Ahh those jewish entertainers.

All I saw were attacks against Maher. That's fine ... I'm not saying that people should not state their opinions about him.

I haven't seen actual examples of this "lack of tolerance by the boradcasters when race or Islam is attacked...compared to the tolerance of the same when Christinaity is attacked" and did not see where anyone cited actual examples. I suspect there aren't any.

If there are, please post a link because I really would like to see it.

I already cited examples...

Juan Williams was fired from NPR when he admitted that he felt "concern" when he saw Muslims enter a plane he was on.

A golf sportcastrer was suspended when she used the term "lynch mob" when talking about how the rest of the PGA tour was going to gang up on Woods on the laSt day of a tournament. She is a greta freind of woods and was not politically aware...or even alive...when lynch mob was deemed as having racial underetones.

Howard Cosell was suspended and his career marked when he referred to a black running back as a "monkey" when, in fact, hew used that term for ALL running backs and his grandchildren as well.

Do you really need links to these?

Yep.

If we want to talk equality, how come any mention of $arah's kids gets boos and hisses while Lushbo can trash the First Lady and their children and nothing is said?

And, before anyone gets all upset, it was and still is $arah who drags the kids in front of the cameras and its her kids who go on TV or on line with their filthy mouths.

Ahh those jewish entertainers.

I tell people all the time that my nose is big because the air is free

Why cant we laugh at each other anymore....

Like I said....putting aside PC and politics?

What Maher said was dam funny.

look, Tebow is A UF Gator, he has brought this all on himself. I wish he wold be made fun of more.

GO NOLES!!!!! >>>--------;;;------------------->

Speared.jpg
Only a few days until Notre Dame's massive ass-kicking!!!

True story!

Forum List

Back