Bill Maher insults Tebow

Do you support Bill Maher's vile insulting trash talking about Tebow/Jesus

• Yes, the 1st Amendment protects ass-wipe scum like Maher

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • No, Maher needs to have his show cancelled immediately

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • No one cares what Hollywood morons say, its simply not news.

Votes: 23 46.0%

• Total voters
I dont believe this is a debate about Mahers first ammendemnt rights.

I believe it is a debate about the lack of tolerance by the boradcasters when race or Islam is attacked...compared to the tolerance of the same when Christinaity is attacked.

NPR fired Williams when he skirted away form the PC-ness of radical Islam.

All I saw were attacks against Maher. That's fine ... I'm not saying that people should not state their opinions about him.

I haven't seen actual examples of this "lack of tolerance by the boradcasters when race or Islam is attacked...compared to the tolerance of the same when Christinaity is attacked" and did not see where anyone cited actual examples. I suspect there aren't any.

If there are, please post a link because I really would like to see it.

I already cited examples...

Juan Williams was fired from NPR when he admitted that he felt "concern" when he saw Muslims enter a plane he was on.

A golf sportcastrer was suspended when she used the term "lynch mob" when talking about how the rest of the PGA tour was going to gang up on Woods on the laSt day of a tournament. She is a greta freind of woods and was not politically aware...or even alive...when lynch mob was deemed as having racial underetones.

Howard Cosell was suspended and his career marked when he referred to a black running back as a "monkey" when, in fact, hew used that term for ALL running backs and his grandchildren as well.

Do you really need links to these?

Oh, I thought you meant Don Imus.

All I saw were attacks against Maher. That's fine ... I'm not saying that people should not state their opinions about him.

I haven't seen actual examples of this "lack of tolerance by the boradcasters when race or Islam is attacked...compared to the tolerance of the same when Christinaity is attacked" and did not see where anyone cited actual examples. I suspect there aren't any.

If there are, please post a link because I really would like to see it.

I already cited examples...

Juan Williams was fired from NPR when he admitted that he felt "concern" when he saw Muslims enter a plane he was on.

A golf sportcastrer was suspended when she used the term "lynch mob" when talking about how the rest of the PGA tour was going to gang up on Woods on the laSt day of a tournament. She is a greta freind of woods and was not politically aware...or even alive...when lynch mob was deemed as having racial underetones.

Howard Cosell was suspended and his career marked when he referred to a black running back as a "monkey" when, in fact, hew used that term for ALL running backs and his grandchildren as well.

Do you really need links to these?

Oh, I thought you meant Don Imus.

No. I put the Don Imus thing in a separate category.
He deserved what he got in my opinion.

Maher is safe, because religion is not protected like race.

You have an odd name for someone that doesn't understand freedom of speech.

I think what saveliberty is referring to is the "tolerance" of the producer of Mahers show. We have seen entertainers suspended for actions as simple as using temrs like "lynch mob" when discussing Tiger Woods. The golf channel had no tolerance whatsoever for that action and suspoended her...even though it was quite obviopus that she meant absolutely no harm to Woods and was not even aware that such a term had racial undertones to it.
Howard Cosell said "look at that monkey run" referring to a black runningback...and he was suspended...even though he had used that term many times for running backs of all colors...he was ALSO known for referring to his grandchioldren as "monkeys".

Let's clear up the ignorance: the producer is hired and fired by Bill Maher. It's Bill's show, he works with the people he wants to work with.

This isn't the old days of network stranglehold, and performers doing as the studio bids.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVifGxlckAo]Maher: Islam in only religion that kills you when you disagree with them - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVTK_XffAvk]Bill Maher To Muslim Rep. Keith Ellison: The Qur'an Is A 'Hate Filled Holy Book - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RnhufDPbuM&feature=related]Bill Maher talks about how Islam is not really the religion of peace. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXTZj2Ca3Rc]Bill Maher: Islam vs Other Religions - YouTube[/ame]

Not much difference, with many, football is a religion with it's fanatical followers.

This has nothing to do with football any more than that golf broadcaster using the term "lynch mob" had to do with golf.

It has to do with the equality of tolerance.

Equality of tolerance? Equality is just a pipe dream.
We are speaking about a comedian here not a newscaster.

Rush gets by with lots of stuff too. He even insults politicians children and wives.
But then he is just a right wing comedian.

Rush even uses the word 'retard', yet Poor Sarah gives him a pass while going after Rahm.

What Maher said was dam funny.

No it wasn't. Being a scumbag isn't funny, and it doesn't make you 'edgy' or 'hip' to pretend so. It just makes you a scumbag too.

Edgy or hip?

Humopr is humor. Put your partisan and/or PC glasses down and you, too, will laugh a lot more.

Don Rickles was a pisser. Found myself laughing at myself many a time. Big freaking deal.

A while back, I argued with the left about a family guy episode that indirectly poked fun at Palin, children with Downs Syndrome, and pussy whipped men all at the same time.

Then, I saw the episode...and I gotta tell you...it was dam funny.

Hip and edgy? No. Just a normal human being that likes humor.

Last edited:
What Maher said was dam funny.

No it wasn't. Being a scumbag isn't funny, and it doesn't make you 'edgy' or 'hip' to pretend so. It just makes you a scumbag too.

Edgy or hip?

Humopr is humor. Put your partisan and/or PC glasses down and you, too, will laugh a lot more.

Don Rickles was a pisser. Found myself laughing at myself many a time. Big freaking deal.

A while back, I argued with the left about a family guy episode that indirectly poked fun at Palin, children with Downs Syndrome, and pussy whipped men all at the same time.

Then, I saw the episode...and I gotta tell you...it was dam funny.

Hip and edgy? No. Just a normal human being that likes humor.

Don Rickles knew the difference between giving someONE the business and being a fucking scumbag on a large scale. Greasy little bags of dirt like you try to pretend inappropriate nonsense is 'funny' just because in your pea brains it gives you license to indulge your lowest and weakest impulses, like a 10 year old who gets a 'thrill' out of cursing in public for the first time.

In summary, you are a classless, infantile piece of shit and a worthless human being.

I support Bill Maher's right to express himself. Even if that means making himself look like an idiot because even idiots have rights. And I'm sure Tim Tebow understands that with celebrity comes commentary, both good and bad. He's going to have to learn to deal with it.

Having said that, doesn't take much courage to take cheap shots at a young football player. And that's Bill Maher's speed.

As Theodore Roosevelt said:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

My panties aren't in a BUNCH over Maher. I just said what I think of him AND you..after you attacked me over a AVATAR...so that is why you got the petty INSULT..I found it rather witty myself......but HERE YOU COME...talk about PETTY AND CHILDISH

Tell us some more about how your panties aren't in the bunch.

Make sure you up the capslock use a bit in order to really emphasize just how not bunched they are.

WILL DO:lol:
and it's not over Maher. I wouldn't cross the street to pee on the guy if he was fire..that's how much I care about him

Good Samaritans such as yourself demonstrate how out to lunch Maher is when he points out the hypocrisy of the religious right.

Forum List

Back