Bill Maher insults Tebow

Do you support Bill Maher's vile insulting trash talking about Tebow/Jesus

• Yes, the 1st Amendment protects ass-wipe scum like Maher

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • No, Maher needs to have his show cancelled immediately

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • No one cares what Hollywood morons say, its simply not news.

Votes: 23 46.0%

• Total voters
Tebow's mom is the one who opened the door to criticism...and if she did not expect it then she is very naive.
She allowed herself to be used by the pro life advocates....or, she opted to enter into the pro life debate....but either way she allowed herself AND HER SON to be "poster children" for a vey volatile debate.
It comes with the territory...and something tells me Tebow is man enough to suck it up.
I dont agree with Maher and his appraoch.....but he is, for all intents and purposes, an entertainer with a comic twist.
What he said, putting politics and PC crap aside...was actually quite funny.

This I agree with.

No it wasn't. Being a scumbag isn't funny, and it doesn't make you 'edgy' or 'hip' to pretend so. It just makes you a scumbag too.

Edgy or hip?

Humopr is humor. Put your partisan and/or PC glasses down and you, too, will laugh a lot more.

Don Rickles was a pisser. Found myself laughing at myself many a time. Big freaking deal.

A while back, I argued with the left about a family guy episode that indirectly poked fun at Palin, children with Downs Syndrome, and pussy whipped men all at the same time.

Then, I saw the episode...and I gotta tell you...it was dam funny.

Hip and edgy? No. Just a normal human being that likes humor.

Don Rickles knew the difference between giving someONE the business and being a fucking scumbag on a large scale. Greasy little bags of dirt like you try to pretend inappropriate nonsense is 'funny' just because in your pea brains it gives you license to indulge your lowest and weakest impulses, like a 10 year old who gets a 'thrill' out of cursing in public for the first time.

In summary, you are a classless, infantile piece of shit and a worthless human being.

Wow...you seem like a very bitter man.

Hey...if casting those insults anonymously makes you feel better? Then I am glad I obliged.

Bill Maher sure knows how to push those right winger buttons.

I am always grateful for the right wingers. I wouldn't know what Bill Maher or Micheal Moore were up to otherwise.

With all due respect, and having sat in the front row of the O'keefe Center for Rickles in his prime the difference is the "mean".

Rickles has just slapped every one upside their head. Equality in trashing if you will.

Maher and Moore are just mean. And I can throw in Behar as well on this. I don't understand the comedy of viciousness.

I don't get mean at all. Rickles was just off the top ropes funny and everyone got it. And we all loved it.

But then we loved Archie Bunker too.:D But none of it was mean or nasty.

Two points from an atheist perspective.

1) I think the whole Tebow thing actually trivializes the Christian Religion. God won't stop AIDS or war or famine or your mom's cancer, but he'll take time out from his busy schedule to help Tim Tebow win something as trivial as a football game.

2) Bill Maher is sometimes funny, but often he says these outrageous things to get attention. In this case, he's getting the wrong kind of attention. He's lucky he attacks the "turn the other cheek" religion rather than the "I'll behead you in a heartbeat" religion, I guess.

It's easy for Bill to be brave when he has the Army, Navy, USAF, USMC, TSA, FBI and CIA protecting him from people who might take offense.

Now, if were to talk this kind of shit in downtown Tehran, that might be comedy.

We weren't making the point "Bill is Brave" tootz. We were making the point that he doesn't only disparage Christianity.

Maher is an entertainer whos main genere is comedy , so thats something to condider when you start to take him seriously on topics like this. He is well known for his comedy when it applies to organized religion both Christian and Muslm and everything in between . Tim Tebow would be a natural target for his comedy routine. So while some of his stuff may not be quite so funny to some, my feelings are that Tim Tebow is a big boy and chooses to be open about his religion and faith and is a public figure and as such should expect these kinds of things. One more thing I might add too, it does occur to me that God might have better things to do rather than worry about the outcome of the next Bronco's football game such as maybe creating a universe or two. So rather than being so sensitive about comments made by a comedian perhaps the best thing to do in this case is to just consider the source and move on.

Last edited:
Edgy or hip?

Humopr is humor. Put your partisan and/or PC glasses down and you, too, will laugh a lot more.

Don Rickles was a pisser. Found myself laughing at myself many a time. Big freaking deal.

A while back, I argued with the left about a family guy episode that indirectly poked fun at Palin, children with Downs Syndrome, and pussy whipped men all at the same time.

Then, I saw the episode...and I gotta tell you...it was dam funny.

Hip and edgy? No. Just a normal human being that likes humor.

Don Rickles knew the difference between giving someONE the business and being a fucking scumbag on a large scale. Greasy little bags of dirt like you try to pretend inappropriate nonsense is 'funny' just because in your pea brains it gives you license to indulge your lowest and weakest impulses, like a 10 year old who gets a 'thrill' out of cursing in public for the first time.

In summary, you are a classless, infantile piece of shit and a worthless human being.

Wow...you seem like a very bitter man.

And you seem like a no-class little punk ass bitch. Fuck you, bitch.

My problem with it is he targeting of specific individuals who really have faith. You can be a druid (oh I'd love to hear a Rickles routine on Stone Henge).

It's the targeting of a specific individual in the new "mean" comedy that gets me pissed off. I find no humor in it.

Maher is an entertainer whos main genere is comedy , so thats something to condider when you start to take him seriously on topics like this. He is well known for his comedy when it applies to organized religion both Christian and Muslm and everything in between . Tim Tebow would be a natural target for his comedy routine. So while some of his stuff may not be quite so funny to some, my feelings are that Tim Tebow is a big boy and chooses to be open about his religion and faith and is a public figure and as such should expect these kinds of things. One more thing I might add too, it does occur to me that God might have better things to do rather than worry about the outcome of the next Bronco's football game such as maybe creating a universe or two. So rather than being so sensitive about comments made by a comedian perhaps the best thing to do in this case is to just consider the source and move on.

I personally pray for smiting on a daily basis on my hit list. I'd like to think the good Lord will accomodate me instead of Tim winning a game on His "to do list".

On the other hand.....

Come on. So many are thrilled with an observation of faith.

1) I think the whole Tebow thing actually trivializes the Christian Religion. God won't stop AIDS or war or famine or your mom's cancer, but he'll take time out from his busy schedule to help Tim Tebow win something as trivial as a football game.

2) Bill Maher is sometimes funny, but often he says these outrageous things to get attention. In this case, he's getting the wrong kind of attention. He's lucky he attacks the "turn the other cheek" religion rather than the "I'll behead you in a heartbeat" religion, I guess.

#1 - I agree. What kind of god will give little kinds terminal diseases but gives a large mouse's behind about some guy's posturing for a crowd?

#2 Naw, there's no such thing as bad publicity and this is right up his alley. And, it was funny. Maher does not "attack" any religion. He actually makes a huge point of doing just the opposite. Be that as it may, there is no religion that gets a pass from him.

Atheist or not, his film, "Religulous", is excellent and not nearly as, for lack of a better word, insulting as one would expect.
============

Andy Levy On Bill Maher's Tim Tebow Tweet: 'Who Cares?' (VIDEO)
Andy Levy On Bill Maher's Tim Tebow Tweet: 'Who Cares?'

I personally pray for smiting on a daily basis on my hit list. I'd like to think the good Lord will accomodate me instead of Tim winning a game on His "to do list".

On the other hand.....

Come on. So many are thrilled with an observation of faith.

Being a public figure Tim Tebow is going have people that admire his public expression of faith and some that won't and some that will use it as a means for entertainment. In my humble opinion if Tim Tebows expression of faith gives people a positive message then who cares what Maher does one way or the other. I know that many like you are very happy that he expresses his faith so openly and and to be honest I see nothing at all wrong with that and see that as a very positive thing. I also think that the focus should be on the positive message and to take into consideration that Maher is an entertainer, nothing more, and as such we have the ability to like or dislike him as we so choose.

#1 - I agree. What kind of god will give little kinds terminal diseases but gives a large mouse's behind about some guy's posturing for a crowd?

#2 Naw, there's no such thing as bad publicity and this is right up his alley. And, it was funny. Maher does not "attack" any religion. He actually makes a huge point of doing just the opposite. Be that as it may, there is no religion that gets a pass from him.

Atheist or not, his film, "Religulous", is excellent and not nearly as, for lack of a better word, insulting as one would expect.
============

Oh, I don't know, I think the problem is that Maher thinks he's Richard Dawkins or one of the other great atheist/humanist thinkers, but he's really just a loud mouthed jerkwad.

============

Oh, I don't know, I think the problem is that Maher thinks he's Richard Dawkins or one of the other great atheist/humanist thinkers, but he's really just a loud mouthed jerkwad.

You don't like him cuz he's not on your "team."

Religulous is quite good. Give it a shot. If you don't think it's any good, I'll remember to not take my movie recommends from ya.

============

Religulous is quite good. Give it a shot. If you don't think it's any good, I'll remember to not take my movie recommends from ya.

Guy, I'm an atheist, and honestly, it's atheists like Maher that make the rest of us look bad.

Guy, I'm an atheist, and honestly, it's atheists like Maher that make the rest of us look bad.

Religulous is a good film.

Forum List

Back