Let's talk about the oft repeated phrase "a threat to democracy" we believe trump presents.

The Biden admin had no control over, and furthermore played no role in, the decision by multiple grand juries to vote to indict trump for 91 felonies based on the evidence of his crimes.
Then why did Alvin Bragg and Fanni Willis coordinate with White House staff?

Why did a top DOJ lawyer leave the federal government to prosecute a local case?

Why did JKP say that the local prosecutions were coordinated with the DOJ?

The DOJ is part of the current administration.

The bookkeeping case was filed seven years after the fact. Perfectly timed to interfere with the election.

Now I have to question the honesty of your entire OP.

Last edited:
I'm not going down the rabbit hole of false allegations. Feel free to write a post about Bragg if you'd like. This one is about another subject.

I'm not going down the rabbit hole of false allegations. Feel free to write a post about Bragg if you'd like. This one is about another subject.
My question was completely on topic. You lied to get out of answering my on-topic question. I called you on your lie about my on-topic question.

Clearly your personal definition of “retribution” includes a caveat that it “does not apply when Democrats do it.”

Trump attempted to overturn the result of the 2020 election and came remarkably close. He crossed a line, but instead of being punished, you reward him.
He did nothing illegal.
This goes beyond Trump, and speaks to the lack of commitment to democratic principles among a large swath of the country.
Complete garbage. It's the Democrat party that wants to end democracy.

Will you listen and understand criticisms of the Democratic party? Saying Trump threatens Democracy is false on more than one count. First he would have done it as president if that was his intention. Second this nation is not a Democracy at all. It is a Republic.
Let me explain it is a Republic. We know about Europe having many countries, different from each other. This nation was formed more like Europe is, in that each state is a special unit of it's own. We see Democrats yapping about packing the Supreme Court and also banning the Electoral College. If there is real danger to Democracy as you call it, Democrats present the danger.
Trump was hamstrung by two main factors in 2020. First is that the president has little to do with the elections to begin with. Second is that he lacked cooperation from many unknown midlevel bureaucrats to have any significant effect. For example, the prosecutors at DoJ refused his demand that they publish a statement calling the election fraudulent since such a statement would be lying to the American people since they did not have evidence of such.

Second, your discussion as to whether we are a democracy misses the point. We have democratic principles, that is we vote for president. I'm not entirely sure what your point is here. Are you trying to say he can't be a threat to democracy if we don't have democracy?

I fail to understand what banning the electoral college is a threat to democracy.

He did nothing illegal.

Complete garbage. It's the Democrat party that wants to end democracy.
Trump attempted to persuade Mike Pence to discard the electoral votes of 6 states. Let's assume you're right and that's all perfectly legal.

Isn't that still a threat to democracy?

Why did a top DOJ lawyer leave the federal government to prosecute a local case?

Why did JKP say that the local prosecutions were coordinated with the DOJ?

The DOJ is part of the current administration.

The bookkeeping case was filed seven years after the fact. Perfectly timed to interfere with the election.

Now I have to question the honesty of your entire OP.

Only now?

Try this.

President Trump wants to slow down the flow of people from other countries coming across our border.

You may want to increase the flow because you see a need for low skill workers, people to supplement our declining birth rates or any reason.

That's a legitimate discussion.
Great. Start a thread on it. I don't think we need to derail this one.

Forum List

Back