Bill Maher on California Income Taxes: 'Liberals - You Could Actually Lose Me'

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
An enlightened liberal who won't buy the bullshit anymore? Between federal taxes, state taxes, payroll taxes, local taxes and property taxes, estimates show some wealthy people handing over roughly 60% of their income in taxes. And the liberals still bitch that it's not enough.

Finding out the truth is enough to make even the most staunch liberal reconsider their views. After all, we're talking real money here and liberals like enjoying the fruits of their labor as much as the next guy.

"I just saw these statistics," he continued, "I mean, something like 70 percent. And here in California, I just want to say liberals - you could actually lose me. It's outrageous what we're paying - over 50 percent. I'm willing to pay my share, but yeah, it's ridiculous."
So it appears there is a point where Maher's money becomes more important than his politics.
Consider that in California, millionaires on top of the 39.6 percent they'll pay to the federal government in 2013, there's an additional 14.63 percent that now goes to the state.

Add in payroll taxes, local taxes, and property taxes, and I've seen estimates that the total tax bite could exceed 60 percent here.

Read more: Bill Maher on California Income Taxes: 'Liberals - You Could Actually Lose Me' | NewsBusters

I don't know if he's a hypocrite or was just ignorant when he supported the Obama administration going after the wealthy. He almost sounds shocked to have learned the truth. Well, many would feel the same if they would bother to question what some liberals in the media are telling them. What a shock to learn you've been lied to.

How many people still believe that the wealthy aren't paying enough? I'm sure some cronies get a pass, but that is only because the politicians allow that. I am shocked at how they are going after businesses, not just with unreasonable taxes, but with Obamacare. You'd think this administration was trying to destroy them or something.

An enlightened liberal who won't buy the bullshit anymore? Between federal taxes, state taxes, payroll taxes, local taxes and property taxes, estimates show some wealthy people handing over roughly 60% of their income in taxes. And the liberals still bitch that it's not enough.

Finding out the truth is enough to make even the most staunch liberal reconsider their views. After all, we're talking real money here and liberals like enjoying the fruits of their labor as much as the next guy.

"I just saw these statistics," he continued, "I mean, something like 70 percent. And here in California, I just want to say liberals - you could actually lose me. It's outrageous what we're paying - over 50 percent. I'm willing to pay my share, but yeah, it's ridiculous."
So it appears there is a point where Maher's money becomes more important than his politics.
Consider that in California, millionaires on top of the 39.6 percent they'll pay to the federal government in 2013, there's an additional 14.63 percent that now goes to the state.

Add in payroll taxes, local taxes, and property taxes, and I've seen estimates that the total tax bite could exceed 60 percent here.

Read more: Bill Maher on California Income Taxes: 'Liberals - You Could Actually Lose Me' | NewsBusters

He can stay where he's at......we don't want or need him!

Of course, the liberal media won't touch a story that makes the left look bad. That is why you can't rely on them to tell you what is going on with the administration.

I think this is telling that a dyed-in-the-wool liberal got a hold of some facts and it changed his way of thinking. The truth tends to do that to people, especially ones like Maher who have something to lose- in this case he has money to lose. The whole bit about going after the wealthiest Americans sounds good till one realizes that they are targets and that taking a total of 60% of your earnings is grossly unfair.

Well he did earn his money Jesus asked for 10 percent and was crucified how in the hell could a government ask for 70 and think that's gonna fly?

Forum List

Back