Bill O'Reilly a Liar Like Brian Williams?

So what your saying is, a 2.5 second comment is the same as Brain Williams's 5:52 long special on NBC Nightly News talking in detail, including maps, shots of bullet holes in helicopter etc?
It is the same?
Really? Oh - I almost forgot, Williams repeated the story several times, and very importantly - he told it within days of "it" happening. O'Reilly was making a 2 second comment on something that happened many years earlier.

I can't find the 5:52 clip you mentioned. You got a link? I did find a couple of clips where he said there were four helicopters, carrying two sections of bridge, It was specifically clear his helicopter wasn't being fired on, and that his helicopter wasn't the one hit by the RPG. It was wrong when he embellished the situation later on talk shows, and such, but I never found an actual news report where he told a lie about that trip. You got a link to that?
Yeah, he was sacked in disgrace because he really didn't lie.

That's the ticket.

The only thing you have ever proved is that you are hijacking the name of a military hero, and you are a foul mouth idiot. Neither of which would be considered actions of a real soldier.

:badgrin: I'm "hijacking" a name I invented? And I'm not "threatening" anybody...just be advised you don't accuse a combat Vet of "stolen valor"...that's a no-no even for you little cretins on a political board.

So are you going to beat me up too?

Several years ago Bill O'Reilly claimed that he'd won a Peabody which was then shown to be untrue.

You want to open this up to notorious drunks like Cronkite or pathological head cases like Dan Rather?
You're comparing O'Reilly to the likes of Cronkite?
That is absurd.

No US enemy ever appointed O'Reilly as their Minister of Propaganda, like the Viet Cong and Cronkite.
Link?

So what your saying is, a 2.5 second comment is the same as Brain Williams's 5:52 long special on NBC Nightly News talking in detail, including maps, shots of bullet holes in helicopter etc?
It is the same?
Really? Oh - I almost forgot, Williams repeated the story several times, and very importantly - he told it within days of "it" happening. O'Reilly was making a 2 second comment on something that happened many years earlier.

I can't find the 5:52 clip you mentioned. You got a link? I did find a couple of clips where he said there were four helicopters, carrying two sections of bridge, It was specifically clear his helicopter wasn't being fired on, and that his helicopter wasn't the one hit by the RPG. It was wrong when he embellished the situation later on talk shows, and such, but I never found an actual news report where he told a lie about that trip. You got a link to that?

Really?

You have been banned a couple of times already as I recall.

Oh, and I am the poster who first exposed your lie about being a wannabe marine.

Your substance abuse has damaged what once passed for your memory.

Never been banned here, I "exposed" myself when I first introduced myself here, and I never did drugs...guess that gets you the lying sack of shit TRIFECTA!
Congrats...now bend over and kiss your ass....should be easy not having a spine.

You are a congenital liar with zero credibility in this forum.

It is the same?

Yeah, he was sacked in disgrace because he really didn't lie.

That's the ticket.

I just said what I was able to find and asked for better information. It shouldn't be so hard to provide that for anyone who makes the claim that he lied in a news report. Still no takers though.

Several years ago Bill O'Reilly claimed that he'd won a Peabody which was then shown to be untrue.

You want to open this up to notorious drunks like Cronkite or pathological head cases like Dan Rather?
You're comparing O'Reilly to the likes of Cronkite?
That is absurd.

No US enemy ever appointed O'Reilly as their Minister of Propaganda, like the Viet Cong and Cronkite.
Link?
I don't need a link, I was a Merchant Marine, and was there.

NVA decimated, VC virtually annihilated, never to be a major force again, as the North had to sacrifice another whole generation to stay in the game, and Cronkite played Tet like a US Stalingrad.

So are you going to beat me up too?

Did you take a number on your way in? So far all your mealy mouths have run off and hid so I guess I could get around to you if we make it quick.
boxer.gif

It is the same?

Thanks for the clip. It was an extended version of the ones I found. Where exactly in that clip did you find the lie? I didn't see it. He clearly stated another helicopter, not the one he was on, was the one hit. Again, he shouldn't have embellished it on late night talk shows, but in his official reporting, I didn't see a lie. Please point out the pertinent time in the clip.

You sound more like the Chicken hawk in this clip more every day.

Before you shit yourself, understand that I know you're a poodle calling yourself a bulldog. I get it...you're short, ugly, bad acne, and thinking about doing a Jenner. It's okay...back on base we had your kind around to darn our socks and make sure our ashtrays were empty....you're okay in my book....for a poodle....if you were a bulldog I'd have to think about rolling up a newspaper.

Reporters are attached to units....to be fair.

Bill: "I tell you what, I've been in combat. I've seen it. I've been close to it. And if my unit is in danger and I got a captured guy and the guy knows where the enemy is and I'm looking him in the eye, the guy better tell me. That's all I'm gonna tell you. If it's life or death, he's going first."

Reporters are in combat units?
yes...reporters are assigned/ attached to units.

Of course they are, but Billo wasn't one of them.
I don;t know about that...just keeping the discussion honest. Then again, the asshole who steals USMC valor is trolling in my thread, so the honesty level went down as soon as his stolen valor asshole posted.

A Bill O'Reilly bio on the Faux News website makes no mention of his time as a war correspondent. O'Reilly has never been in a "fire fight" either as an embedded reporter or in any other way. When he made his statement that he has been in combat, and then claimed to have a "unit" he was lying.

Reporters are attached to units....to be fair.

Bill: "I tell you what, I've been in combat. I've seen it. I've been close to it. And if my unit is in danger and I got a captured guy and the guy knows where the enemy is and I'm looking him in the eye, the guy better tell me. That's all I'm gonna tell you. If it's life or death, he's going first."

Reporters are in combat units?
yes...reporters are assigned/ attached to units.

Of course they are, but Billo wasn't one of them.
I don;t know about that...just keeping the discussion honest. Then again, the asshole who steals USMC valor is trolling in my thread, so the honesty level went down as soon as his stolen valor asshole posted.

A Bill O'Reilly bio on the Faux News website makes no mention of his time as a war correspondent. O'Reilly has never been in a "fire fight" either as an embedded reporter or in any other way. When he made his statement that he has been in combat, and then claimed to have a "unit" he was lying.
You seem to think I am defending O'Reilly...I despise any person with such pwer that violates journalistic integrity.

You sound more like the Chicken hawk in this clip more every day.

Before you shit yourself, understand that I know you're a poodle calling yourself a bulldog. I get it...you're short, ugly, bad acne, and thinking about doing a Jenner. It's okay...back on base we had your kind around to darn our socks and make sure our ashtrays were empty....you're okay in my book....for a poodle....if you were a bulldog I'd have to think about rolling up a newspaper.

The sad thing is that you probably do believe all those things, just like you think you were in the marines, and you think you are some paragon of masculinity. I guess any of those things can be true in your mind as long as you remain an anonymous poster hiding behind a screen name. Sounds like fun though . I might try it myself. How's this for my first try?
...................................................I'M BATMAN.................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am watching the story on CNN...here is the link to Mother Jones. :dunno: Interesting at the least...but journalistic integrity is paramount...I wonder if it is true.

Bill O Reilly Has His Own Brian Williams Problem Mother Jones

So here is the thing- it does appear that Bill O'Reilly did exagerate his own exposure to danger.

The difference is that no one takes Bill O'Reilly seriously anyway.

Except that certain gullible, low-info types do take him seriously. They're so afraid of admitting the truth about Fox's lies, they keep trying to change the subject to Brain Williams.

Fox is an entertainment network. They do not report hard news and do not employ real journalists. Therefore, O'Reilly gets a pass for his lies.

So you liberals have nothing? You have a Mother Jones article, that says a bunch of unsubstantiated statements from others, and you have your left wing nut media chiming in based solely on the nothing article at MJ?

Brian Williams had soldiers who actually were shot down saying that he wasn't there. Where are the soldiers who can verify that O'Reilly wasn't where he said?

You desperate liberal nut jobs are pathetic.

Forum List

Back