Billy Joel

His was the first concert i ever went to in my life and it was that same year,Best damn concert i ever attended.Kristy Brinkley came out onto the stage when he sung UPTOWON GIRL. the next concert he had three years later after that sucked,he only played a couple of songs from his 1984 albumn. saw him again about 10 years ago just for the memories,that will be the last time i will see him again.
He always plays his hits. If you want new stuff, he will put in a song or two of his new stuff. But he knows what people are coming to see. And that's his greatest hits. Billy will say that without hesitation. You're not going to a Billy Joel concert to hear an obscure song. You're going to hear his greatest hits. If you have a problem with that, I'm sorry.

Levittown.

I grew up in Suffolk, but my aunt & uncle lived in Oyster Bay.

We went to a restaurant once which was owned by Burt Bacharach (I think it's called Rothmann's now). Anyway, it couldn't have been 1971 or 1972. I had to use the restroom and, when I was walking back to the table, I stopped to look into the bar, where some guy was playing piano. I didn't know the song, and I still couldn't tell you what it was, but the piano player was Billy Joel.

That's the only time I've ever seen him play live...

Forum List

Back