Billy Joel

i left in 2004, so I was there from about 1997 to 2004. I had the biggest house in Levittown. Not that i made it, it's the prior owners with their 14 kids...

prior to that I was from New Hyde Park, on the Queens side.

So you know the best pizza in the world, Umberto's Sicilian, right?

Last edited:
omg gardiners! Blast from the past! My kids went to gardiners elementary school. I was on Haven lane, off Center ave, just off old jerusalem and wantagh pkwy.

One of the saddest stories in Rock n Roll history is Billy Joel.
Amazing songwriter. One great song after another and another... then one day... nothing.
He developed writers block, and then his personal life also went to hell with alcoholism and heroin abuse.
He just simply lost the ability.
Refusing for years to stop daily drunkenness and drug use.
Apparently it just numbed him

So you were doing the LIRR as well :)

It's so cool to meet someone from back home! We were practically neighbors! My wife and I moved to AZ in 2004.

One of the saddest stories in Rock n Roll history is Billy Joel.
Amazing songwriter. One great song after another and another... then one day... nothing.
He developed writers block, and then his personal life also went to hell with alcoholism and heroin abuse.
He just simply lost the ability.
Refusing for years to stop daily drunkenness and drug use.
Apparently it just numbed him
Apparently everything is ok now...

He just plays the hits dude. He even told Elton to do the same thing. He's 73 years old! What more do you want from him?

Geez, gimme a break!

His was the first concert i ever went to in my life and it was that same year,Best damn concert i ever attended.Kristy Brinkley came out onto the stage when he sung UPTOWON GIRL. the next concert he had three years later after that sucked,he only played a couple of songs from his 1984 albumn. saw him again about 10 years ago just for the memories,that will be the last time i will see him again.

Forum List

Back