🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bin Laden raid architect McRaven says Trump media attack threatens democracy

With all due respect to his military service, why the fuck do I care about his opinion regarding the vile Press?

what the fuck does McRaven care about a right wing asshole posting shit on this board?

wth?

I assume he doesn't.

You posted his opinion on this site as though it matters. I'm asking you why.

why do yours, or don't they?

My opinions stand or fall based on their merits and/or how well I can defend them.

You posted this guys opinion as though we are supposed to defer to them or at least give them credibility because of his military service.

That does not make any sense.

If he has an opinion on how to conduct a military raid in Pakistan, I will certainly give THAT opinion of his much weight.
------------------------------------------------------------ its a common disease , military experience or veteran status means that they are experts and then comes the hero worship , see 'juan mckain' .

With all due respect to his military service, why the fuck do I care about his opinion regarding the vile Press?

what the fuck does McRaven care about a right wing asshole posting shit on this board?

wth?

I assume he doesn't.

My opinions stand or fall based on their merits and/or how well I can defend them.

You posted this guys opinion as though we are supposed to defer to them or at least give them credibility because of his military service.

If he has an opinion on how to conduct a military raid in Pakistan, I will certainly give THAT opinion of his much weight.

The man is an American hero, you dweeb, I find his opinion to be a very important one..

Looks like you find those sweet blondes on Fox News important , what a dog.

Just an FYI, I don't use emojis, icons, or sarcasm tags.

Yes those blondes sure are foxes.

I can't imagine the amount of time they must spend practicing keeping their legs together when seated.
I haven't seen a slip up yet. Hell I even bought a 65" tv so I could see better.

wth?

I assume he doesn't.

The man is an American hero, you dweeb, I find his opinion to be a very important one..

Looks like you find those sweet blondes on Fox News important , what a dog.

Being a hero doesn't make him an Authority on all matters.

If he was here to make his argument, I would be happy to respectfully disagree and engage him in civil discussion.

Your odd comment on Fox news babes is noted and dismissed.

Your post isn't surprising, considering that you are a loyal easily manipulated goose-stepper. However, thanks to freedom of speech, you and Trump have the right to voice your opinion, just like the press has the right to do their long accepted job of questioning government. I guess you are one of these hypocrites that thinks freedom of speech only covers your ideology, but no one else.

difference is that quite often the Media is just a bunch of liars pushing lies KMan !!

Your post isn't surprising, considering that you are a loyal easily manipulated goose-stepper. However, thanks to freedom of speech, you and Trump have the right to voice your opinion, just like the press has the right to do their long accepted job of questioning government. I guess you are one of these hypocrites that thinks freedom of speech only covers your ideology, but no one else.

Asking why I should care about his opinion is hardly the same as calling for censorship.

That you felt you had to lie about that in order to attack me, shows that you know that you cannot attack me honestly.

Yet, you cannot make the mental leap to understand that that means you are on the wrong side of this debate.

INcredible.

Asking why I should care about his opinion is hardly the same as calling for censorship.

That you felt you had to lie about that in order to attack me, shows that you know that you cannot attack me honestly.

Yet, you cannot make the mental leap to understand that that means you are on the wrong side of this debate.

INcredible.

I would guess that your opinion of Thomas Jefferson's opinion would be the same then? They are both patriotic heroes after all, who contributed greatly to your country.

The people are the only censors of their governors: and even their errors will tend to keep these to the true principles of their institution. To punish these errors too severely would be to suppress the only safeguard of the public liberty. The way to prevent these irregular interpositions of the people is to give them full information of their affairs thro’ the channel of the public papers, & to contrive that those papers should penetrate the whole mass of the people. The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers & be capable of reading them. - Thomas Jefferson

INcredible.

I would guess that your opinion of Thomas Jefferson's opinion would be the same then? They are both patriotic heroes after all, who contributed greatly to your country.

The people are the only censors of their governors: and even their errors will tend to keep these to the true principles of their institution. To punish these errors too severely would be to suppress the only safeguard of the public liberty. The way to prevent these irregular interpositions of the people is to give them full information of their affairs thro’ the channel of the public papers, & to contrive that those papers should penetrate the whole mass of the people. The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers & be capable of reading them. - Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson, is like to have explained the reasons for his position and it would likely to have been well thought out and argued.

No such support was presented in the OP.

notice the true military field grade officers are horrified by the orange manbaby....except retired has-beens on the asshole's payroll of course......

Source: Yahoo News

The retired admiral who designed and oversaw the raid that killed Osama bin Laden says President Trump’s superheated charge that the mainstream news media is the “enemy of the American people” is not just wrong, but also could pose a dire threat to American democracy.

“The president said the news media is the enemy of the American people,” William McRaven said Tuesday. “This sentiment may be the greatest threat to democracy in my lifetime.”

Again......obama appointed him...he is a democrat......so calling out fake news....is a problem for this guy.....? Of course, since fake news supports the democrats...and Trump didn't attack the media, he attacked fake news......try to get it straight.....

INcredible.

And how has Trump done anything to the Press? And how many fake and slanted stories have the press run showing that they are democrats in name and deed....and not real reporters?

On one hand, the press has always considered itself above reproach, and that is dangerous as well. It should not be, and it deserves to be examined, challenged and criticized just like any other American institution.

On the other hand, Trump's characteristic need to maul people with over-the-top hyperbole does little to advance a serious, sober conversation.

Neither side of this issue is being terribly helpful.

on the other hand, more reasonable nuance approaches, like yours for example, have been complete failures.

We don't live in a civilized society where rational formal debate matters. We live in a decadent culture, where civility is seen as weakness.

Yes.......John MCCain and Bob Dole, and Mitt Romney believed in nuanced approaches to the press.....which one of them defeated the democrats, and their minions in the press and became President?

notice the true military field grade officers are horrified by the orange manbaby....except retired has-beens on the asshole's payroll of course......

Source: Yahoo News

The retired admiral who designed and oversaw the raid that killed Osama bin Laden says President Trump’s superheated charge that the mainstream news media is the “enemy of the American people” is not just wrong, but also could pose a dire threat to American democracy.

“The president said the news media is the enemy of the American people,” William McRaven said Tuesday. “This sentiment may be the greatest threat to democracy in my lifetime.”

trump speaks without DUE consideration-----I am optimistic that he will
IMPROVE

I like it......I am tired of every answer out of the mouths of politicians being crafted to say nothing, and to hide everything.....he speaks his mind, and once you know what he is saying, he is right....just like on Sweden and Fake News....

Forum List

Back