Bipartisan Rant

Shrimpbox

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2013
Carrabelle, fl. 60 miles s of tallahassee
i am becoming so aggravated by the whole political scene. Apparently today trump in making points about the tpp, good points, he insinuated that Australia is raping us through the trade agreement, maybe by association, I have not read the transcript. Donald, I am with you, but wise up. You just don't use the word rape unless you are talking about a criminal case. Better yet, don't use the word at all. You have total control of your fate, of our fate, stop speaking off the cuff. You have a wonderful platform about unfair, not free, trade agreements. The majority of the country is with you on that. So don't take all the air out of the tires by running your mouth.

Now stupid is a word used on almost every other post. But let me ask everyone. Would you not have to be stupid to believe that Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch accidentally met at an airport and only talked about their grandkids. Or that Loretta Lynch went up to the White House last week to see the president and she never talked about the investigation. I had high hopes for her but she is more than a disappointment. They lie to us straight to our faces now. They don't even try to hide it. They don't even have secret meetings. We have the highest law enforcement officer in the country, our number one bad ass enforcer, talking about how we have to use love against the terrorists and haters. She got her talking points straight from Obama. It's just sickening that Americans are disrespected straight to their faces.

Why is there some PC rule about using the word rape? Have you heard how people in Australia speak they are foul mouthed x10.

It's not appropriate word to use at all. It devalues the harm of rape.

I would use the word rape only when creating tasteless humour. Otherwise, I don't use it more than necessary.

Awwwwww! Poor baby.

Some of you nutbags just cannot bring yourselves to bash your guy unless you also bash the other "guy" at the same time.

Was the meeting between Clinton and Lynch a secret meeting? Do you think they had to actually have a meeting in view of the press in order to perpetrate some kind of collusion? We have telephones. Ya dumb shit.

Last edited:
Rape can mean rape of resources like raping the forests and raping villages of rights to land and living in harmony with nature, uprooting them on the level of genocide. There are different degrees of genocide and thus the level of damage and rape, some less visible on more internal than external levels and some extremely visible and physically more violent.

The word abuse is more general and clearly applies to both the beginning levels and initial signs and steps to the more serious progression and stages in a longer term pattern.

If ppl cannot relate to rape being used in relative or lighter ways, then abuse may be a better neutral term.

Lone think about it. If you talk on the phone it can be traced. If they have a meeting it has to be recorded. If you accidentally meet somewhere with no press around there can be no record of the meeting. The clintons are world class con artists and strategists. They are not jv. Clinton doesn't have to say anything except isn't it terrible what happened to that Chinese guy that was supposed to testify. Lynch is already on the take anyway so maybe she was asking him for advice on how to delay. Or maybe here is my private phone number, send me some pictures of your grandchildren. Please, don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. Could you even agree that it has the appearance of impropriety. Probably not.

The word is not as important as the fact that trump will be accused of dissing one of our strongest allies. He is going to have to start shooting himself in a different part of his body cause his foot is gone. Everything, everything is up to trump. He can drop Hilary in her tracks or he can be run out of town on a rail.

Lone think about it. If you talk on the phone it can be traced. If they have a meeting it has to be recorded. If you accidentally meet somewhere with no press around there can be no record of the meeting. The clintons are world class con artists and strategists. They are not jv. Clinton doesn't have to say anything except isn't it terrible what happened to that Chinese guy that was supposed to testify. Lynch is already on the take anyway so maybe she was asking him for advice on how to delay. Or maybe here is my private phone number, send me some pictures of your grandchildren. Please, don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. Could you even agree that it has the appearance of impropriety. Probably not.
Dear Shrimpbox In general the lawyers and their lobby and corporate interests know the game of taking the Fifth amendment and running up legal expenses where nobody can afford the work it would take to hold ppl to account.

Even to prove a conflict of interest is "legally defined" to be so narrow that anyone cannot work around it.

What we need is to define a Political Conflict of Interest, with a grievance process that recognizes Partisan bias. And if bias cannot be proven but is subjective, complaints and objections would still justify separation of funding and representation since the existence of conflict unresolved would still show there is not a consensus.

Just resolve by written agreement that issues of political beliefs, like religious beliefs, be settled by consensus or removed from govt. And only go with leaders and govt employees who can be equally fair and inclusive. If any official has a bias, then require a mediation process and or facilitator who can assist in communication with representatives of the other interests and biases otherwise excluded from the Democratic process. And if any politician just cannot step back and recognize their bias in belief prevents them from supportic the democratic process in representing the public, they should recuse themselves. Otherwise once one bully abuses the process to impose their opinions at the exclusion of others, then other ppl have to play the same Bully tactics to defend their views from censorship, and this deadlocks the process where nobody can get to solutions that could have satisfied everyone.

Hopefully the third party Greens and Libertarians will bring out this need for inclusive democratic representation. And a public accessible grievanxe process that isnt monopolized by private monied interests, as our legal system, political parties, and media. Instead of this shell game of passing the buck to taxpayers, blame on the other party, and burden of proof around to create doubt, back and forth, so nothing can ever be established or accomplished that way.

Anyone can take the Fifth and give the run around while taxpayers foot the bill. Why can't we take the First, use our freedom of speech and of the press and right to due process equal representation and protections of the law, to enforce and exercise our right to petition to redress grievances. Anyone who takes that responsibility is acting as govt. Anyone who denies or obstructs that process should remain in private with no public authority. Either act as authority or recuse oneself. This grievance process would separate the sheep from the goats, the followers from the leaders.

Last edited:
Are we really going to get hung up on the choice of words a candidate uses.

It depends what is going to further trust or distrust, cooperation or competition.

1. in some cases SuperDemocrat, being willing to listen and accommodate each other is part of building relations.
I've had issues with people online as EASY to resolve as agreeing to SAY "universe" instead of creation, "nontheist" instead of atheist, and even "law" instead of bill, if that helped where we could communicate without running into snaps and roadblocks. Over words, yes, over words.

2. in other cases, it makes a LEGAL difference.

if we are arguing that someone has LGBT or other political "agenda" well it isn't unconstitutional to impose an agenda through the legislative process. But if we agreed to acknowledge that LGBT or political **BELIEFS** are being pushed through govt, YES we can make Constitutional arguments that this isn't proper and is going to cause problems with representing other people's BELIEFS that are equally weighed.

3. in this case, if someone has deeper associations with the word "rape" maybe it would help to understand the difference in biases by listening. Same with how "racism" means different things to people (some people I know only use it to mean white racism as privilege and do not consider other minorities to be 'racist' in the same sense); and how some people don't use the word "marriage" to refer to same sex unions, they just DON'T.

So why not be sensitive, and start accepting this fact. And don't compete to write off or write over each other's words.

it makes a HUGE difference if the term MARRIAGE is used, rather than civil union or domestic partnership.

Why not stick to neutral language WE CAN ALL AGREE ON and not try to force people to go against their natural grains?

SuperDemocrat it may be superficial to some people, but whenever I have personally explored and accounted for WHY someone had a difference in language they used, this merely HELPED me to understand how this person NEEDS to be represented if we are going to reach AGREEMENT on policies. We need to be able to communicate the same points, so whatever language helps that process, yes, I'm willing to work with people and try to get on the same terms that mean the same things.

Politics and religion happen to be two of the most sensitive areas, of individualized and inherent beliefs unique to each person, so I expect issues over wording in even greater degrees when it comes to reaching agreement.

I find it is WORTH the effort, and our democratic process depends on mutual respect for representation and beliefs.

i am becoming so aggravated by the whole political scene. Apparently today trump in making points about the tpp, good points, he insinuated that Australia is raping us through the trade agreement, maybe by association, I have not read the transcript. Donald, I am with you, but wise up. You just don't use the word rape unless you are talking about a criminal case. Better yet, don't use the word at all. You have total control of your fate, of our fate, stop speaking off the cuff. You have a wonderful platform about unfair, not free, trade agreements. The majority of the country is with you on that. So don't take all the air out of the tires by running your mouth.

Now stupid is a word used on almost every other post. But let me ask everyone. Would you not have to be stupid to believe that Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch accidentally met at an airport and only talked about their grandkids. Or that Loretta Lynch went up to the White House last week to see the president and she never talked about the investigation. I had high hopes for her but she is more than a disappointment. They lie to us straight to our faces now. They don't even try to hide it. They don't even have secret meetings. We have the highest law enforcement officer in the country, our number one bad ass enforcer, talking about how we have to use love against the terrorists and haters. She got her talking points straight from Obama. It's just sickening that Americans are disrespected straight to their faces.
Loretta L. talking to Billy C. sounds like bad news bears for Hillary from BHO.

If something is breaking it will break in the next few days.

Loretta L. talking to Billy C. sounds like bad news bears for Hillary from BHO.

If something is breaking it will break in the next few days.
If it were bad news, we'd never hear about it. It would be kept in private and not touted in the media -- similar to the correspondence from Clinton immediately after Benghazi attacks confirming with Egyptian authorities (and one exchange with Chelsea) that there had been a terrorist attack.

These lawyers will keep their real meetings private where they do damage control totally between them and God.

They only let us know what they want us to hear and act on. A lot of it is set up to BAIT people into reacting to turn the tables and make opponents look bad. So if it isn't going to help their case, they won't release it.

Yeah, one would figure that if the FBI were really in the bag for the Clintons, there would be no investigation during the campaign.

Care to explain how the supposedly corrupt Clintons and Obama’s didn’t just outrightly quell the hole thing?

Yeah, one would figure that if the FBI were really in the bag for the Clintons, there would be no investigation during the campaign.

Care to explain how the supposedly corrupt Clintons and Obama’s didn’t just outrightly quell the hole thing?

Dear candycorn having gone through a longterm practice with local bureaucrats holding puppet hearings such so govt can document in writing that "all procedures were followed":
I would say this is part of the process, to go through all the steps to show that due process was followed, there was an investigation etc etc.
And this still does not guarantee that justice will be done because the same admin and officials benefiting from the outcome are the ones in charge of running it.

Political conflicts of interest.

The foxes in the henhouse in charge of policing themselves.

I partially blame the legal system for the financial monopoly of paying people to cover for each other's defenses, and this tying in with political campaigns for office without check.

Dear candycorn having gone through a longterm practice with local bureaucrats holding puppet hearings such so govt can document in writing that "all procedures were followed":
I would say this is part of the process, to go through all the steps to show that due process was followed, there was an investigation etc etc.
And this still does not guarantee that justice will be done because the same admin and officials benefiting from the outcome are the ones in charge of running it.

I partially blame the legal system for the financial monopoly of paying people to cover for each other's defenses, and this tying in with political campaigns for office without check.

Okay.

In politics, perception is often reality. If the FBI was doing the White Houses’s bidding, there would be no active investigation

Okay.

In politics, perception is often reality. If the FBI was doing the White Houses’s bidding, there would be no active investigation

No, because that would be too obvious and they'd be caught. To fly by the public, they have to give all the appearances of doing a serious investigation. Get it?

This is like the people who buy something from the store but switched the price tags. So they show they paid. If they left the store without paying at all, they'd be caught. if they go through the motions and show the receipt, how can you prove they switched the price tag unless you got it on camera? someone else could have switched it, and they picked it up that way "thinking it was the right price."

it's hard to prove INTENT candycorn as long as people go through the motions and take the Fifth, and there is room for 'doubt' what can you do.

Forum List

Back