Bipartisan - Real or Imaginary?

Does it exist?

If so, who and/or where?
Good question, very good. Yes, it does exist, but normally, it's "forced Bipartisan" activity. When speaking of "Bipartisan" as it relates to politics, it actually means, "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours". In other words, you have to give in order to get. It does not mean, "working together for the common good", that's only in fairy tales.

Does it exist?

If so, who and/or where?
Good question, very good. Yes, it does exist, but normally, it's "forced Bipartisan" activity. When speaking of "Bipartisan" as it relates to politics, it actually means, "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours". In other words, you have to give in order to get. It does not mean, "working together for the common good", that's only in fairy tales.

I'm not a political "guru" but, I tend to think of myself as a Bipartisan, at least in philosophy. There are things about the Democratic/Liberal agenda I like and those of the Republican/Conservative agenda (using broad brush generalizations here admittedly) - I'll vote for the candidate that seems like they have the country's best interests at heart. I'm not going to just defend a candidate based on their political affiliation. E.G. I can't stand George W Bush or Barak Obama. In fact, I pretty much can't stand most politicians. As I get older, every year, it's more of a feeling of the lesser of 2 evils in all ways. I love the United States, but, I'm very disgusted with our system and the representatives we have.

Last edited:
Does it exist?

If so, who and/or where?

I'm not political "guru" but, I tend to think of myself as a Bipartisan, at least in philosophy. There are things about the Democratic/Liberal agenda I like and those of the Republican/Conservative agenda (using broad brush generalizations here admittedly) - I'll vote for the candidate that seems like they have the countries best interests at heart. I'm not going to just defend a candidate based on their political affiliation. E.G. I can't stand George W Bush or Barak Obama. In fact, I pretty much can't stand most politicians. As I get older, every year, it's more of a feeling of the lesser of 2 evils in all ways. I love the United States, but, I'm very disgusted with our system and the representatives we have.
I understand what you're saying here. I though by your root post, that you were asking about politicians. But, now I see that what you were talking about is bipartisan voters. So, disregard what I said in my comment, it was intended to describe politicians and not voters.

I don't vote for any of them. I write-in a candidate. I never vote for a professional politician. they're all crooks. All of them are evil, so voting for the "lesser of two evils" is still harming this country. If one knows that they're all evil, then why vote for them?And, what does "lesser" mean? If you aren't sure, or don't feel confident that one will do a good job, why even waste your time to vote? Voting is more than just going through the motions. Patriotism is doing what's best for this nation and her citizens, and not about just going through the motions of voting.

Does it exist?

If so, who and/or where?

I'm not political "guru" but, I tend to think of myself as a Bipartisan, at least in philosophy. There are things about the Democratic/Liberal agenda I like and those of the Republican/Conservative agenda (using broad brush generalizations here admittedly) - I'll vote for the candidate that seems like they have the countries best interests at heart. I'm not going to just defend a candidate based on their political affiliation. E.G. I can't stand George W Bush or Barak Obama. In fact, I pretty much can't stand most politicians. As I get older, every year, it's more of a feeling of the lesser of 2 evils in all ways. I love the United States, but, I'm very disgusted with our system and the representatives we have.
I understand what you're saying here. I though by your root post, that you were asking about politicians. But, now I see that what you were talking about is bipartisan voters. So, disregard what I said in my comment, it was intended to describe politicians and not voters.

I don't vote for any of them. I write-in a candidate. I never vote for a professional politician. they're all crooks. All of them are evil, so voting for the "lesser of two evils" is still harming this country. If one knows that they're all evil, then why vote for them?And, what does "lesser" mean? If you aren't sure, or don't feel confident that one will do a good job, why even waste your time to vote? Voting is more than just going through the motions. Patriotism is doing what's best for this nation and her citizens, and not about just going through the motions of voting.

You had it right the 1st time - I'm the one that went off on a tangent in my own topic...

Does it exist?

If so, who and/or where?

You know what bothers me more than the crooked politicians?

The ignorant masses that sit around and squabble about the political divide...... so obsessed with their party they refuse to see any other way, then, argue about who is open minded. NEITHER!

Does it exist?

If so, who and/or where?

You had it right the 1st time - I'm the one that went off on a tangent in my own topic...
No, you did great. You did fine.

Does it exist?

If so, who and/or where?

The ignorant masses that sit around and squabble about the political divide...... so obsessed with their party they refuse to see any other way, then, argue about who is open minded. NEITHER!
You're absolutely correct.

Does it exist?

If so, who and/or where?

Sonny Clark you are quickly becoming my favorite person on USMB!!! ;)

Sonny Clark you are quickly becoming my favorite person on USMB!!! ;)
You're just way too kind. I really appreciate that. And you're not so bad yourself. Thanks my friend.

Forum List

Back