Blame Toxic Hillary if Trump Wins

opinionator

Rookie
Nov 25, 2015
As Hillary Clinton’s poll numbers falter you are starting to hear the blame game from inside the Democratic camp. Bernie voters are being blamed for not supporting Hillary strong enough. As some polls suggest a slight movement of black voters in the direction of Trump the president lectures blacks on the importance of voting for Hillary to preserve his legacy. The media is being blamed for supposedly taking it easy on Trump. Hillary may end up winning but there is definitely worry on her side. Several prominent Democrats have gotten just a little shrill in the comments they have made in interviews lately. Those confident in victory do not act this way.

The truth is that a good part of the blame lies squarely on their shoulders. With a nominee as repulsive as Trump is to many Americans, this should have been slam dunk election for Democrats. But who did they choose to nominate? They chose one of the most toxic figures in American politics. Rightly or wrongly, Hillary is not viewed favorable by a vast number of Americans. Why would Democrats nominate her? They chide Republicans for nominating Trump. Well, they didn’t really do any better.

Many Americans look at Trump as the lesser of two evils. There are others, such as myself, who look at Hillary as being the lesser of the evils. But despite the fact that I believe Trump will be an utter disaster as president, trampling our freedoms in the process, I find myself rejoicing that Hillary is faltering. That is the danger here. As much as many of us know, intellectually, that Hillary isn’t as dangerous as Trump, we just can’t stand the thought of her being president. And this predicament is only possible because Democrats had to go and put up such a toxic candidate in the first place.

There is a way out. I’m voting for Gary Johnson. I would never vote for either of those two. But some don’t have confidence in the third party route. As Trump softens his tone as he has recently, there will most likely be more movement in his direction. The negatives that Hillary brings to the table seem to be too much for many to handle.

If Trump is elected, there will be plenty of blame to go around. But be sure that Democrats will deserve their fair share. All you had to do is put someone up who was halfway decent and this thing would have been locked up. You could have put up someone who doesn’t divide us. You could have put up someone who could in some way appeal to both sides. But you just couldn’t bring yourselves to do that. So we have what we have as a result. We have perhaps the most divisive and consequential election in recent memory.

Hillary the coughing needs a step stool candidate is the DNC's fault. Democrats nominated a shit candidate via a corrupt biased process, its their fault they got stuck with this old hag if she loses its on them 100%.

Hillary has already made it a coin flip as to whether the Rs will retain the senate and lately all EC movement has been away from her Not by much but a steady drip, drip, drip. Without a miracle she will lose this election in the first week of Nov.

Forum List

Back