Blood Moon tonight

CaféAuLait;8936389 said:
:D <~~~~~~~~~ green with jealousy here!

Owe you a beer buddy. Would have missed this without your head's up.

I was getting sleepy waiting for it but now I'm so jazzed, I won't sleep at all.

Cheers-to-beers-toasting-animation.gif

Thanks for the links, CaféAuLait. It's overcast here and I can't see the moon at all.

The dimmer the Moon gets, the brighter Mars shines. I've never seen Mars so bright.

Right before it started, I checked on my wife to see if she wanted me to wake her up for it. She said no. Once it started, I heard the rattle of our dog's tags, the opening of our bedroom door and the shuffling of feet. My wife and dog came out to watch. I chattered about how bright Mars was getting. She's an old star gazer and knew that the Moon's light kept us from seeing Mars better. I didn't know that. She said back in the 80's, there was a star gazer tee shirt that read, "Nuke The Moon". After a few wow's, she went back to bed.

It's just the old mutt and me now. It's getting darker and Mars is getting angry.

You rock CaféAuLait. Thanks.

Last edited:
Fucking San Francisco weather...

I guess I'll watch the video of it.

lol. I am 4 hours south of you and I have the same thing going on here. BLACK out there. Only thing lighting up the sky is the city lights bouncing off the fog and clouds. So..I had it on the vid.

My sister just called...she is in Bakersfield. Clear there so she can see it. But on the coast? Looks like we be shit outta luck Doc.

Looks like the observatory is getting some cloud cover as well.

Looks like the observatory is getting some cloud cover as well.

Looks a little dark, the presenter was just saying how lucky they were in LA to have good weather to see it. Must have jinxed it. LOL

Now they are speaking about those who fear it. He is explaining eclipse means "to eat" and this is why different people fear it, because the moon looked as if was being eaten like a bite out taken out of it due to the movement and the crescent shaped "bite". Now he is speaking about the Norse people and how it was a wolf eating the moon and it was bleeding.... pretty cool history. He is speaking about more now about how Kings having to die when an eclipse happens... so they would put in a 'substitute king' ( since they could get close to telling when an eclipse would occur) for months in advance so their king would not die....

Last edited:
I stopped watching a litle bit ago. 50,000 people talking all at once and most of it children it seems like...it gave me a headache. And I just checked outside again...nothing. too many low clouds.
I'm fixing to go play a game or browse Pinterest so the thrill is already over for me anyway. ;)

Still mostly red. The white edge is getting bigger.

Before she went back to sleep, my wife commented how this must have freaked people out hundreds of years ago.

Amazed to watch this real time with the naked eye.

The view was spectacular here at 3:AM. I tried to take pictures with my phone but they just did not turn out well.

Yep this worked out perfect for us in Phoenix, could see it in clear skies right out the window while lying in bed. Very convenient.

The shadow of Earth on the Moon during the lunar eclipse is curved thus supporting the round earth theory. LOL

Forum List

Back