🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Blood Test Can Predict Alzheimer's

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
CNN is reporting:

In a first-of-its-kind study, researchers have developed a blood test for Alzheimer's disease that predicts with astonishing accuracy whether a healthy person will develop the disease. Though much work still needs to be done, it is hoped the test will someday be available in doctors' offices, since the only methods for predicting Alzheimer's right now, such as PET scans and spinal taps, are expensive, impractical, often unreliable and sometimes risky. "This is a potential game-changer," said Dr. Howard Federoff, senior author of the report and a neurologist at Georgetown University Medical Center. "My level of enthusiasm is very high." The study was published in Nature Medicine.

This is awesome news.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Congratulations, your brain is gonna leave the building years before you do!" What's not to like?

If they develop that, I hope they also give us the means to dodge the bullet.

If I could take a test to tell me if my brain is going to melt, there won't be any dodging bullets from me. That sucker will go straight in my mouth aimed up. No missing that way. Unless of course, a cure is developed along WITH the test. If not....yup. I'll be checking out way before the first thaw.

Last edited:
If I could take a test to tell me if my brain is going to melt, there won't be any dodging bullets from me. That sucker will go straight in my mouth aimed up. No missing that way. Unless of course, a cure is developed along WITH the test. If not....yup. I'll be checking out way before the first thaw.

Exactly. If not a cure, then "Sorry about that. Do you need time to get your affairs in order, say good-bye to your loved ones? Call us when you're ready, and we'll give you the Light at the End of the Tunnel Cocktail."

:thup:

Exactly. If not a cure, then "Sorry about that. Do you need time to get your affairs in order, say good-bye to your loved ones? Call us when you're ready, and we'll give you the Light at the End of the Tunnel Cocktail."

:thup:

That would be nice. We treat our animals that are suffering better than we treat humans.

????

You NEVER know how much time you have; or what lies in wait around the curve in the road.

For many years, we've been told that there's little we can do to prevent Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia but hope for the best and wait for a pharmaceutical cure. But the truth is you can reduce your risk by eating right, exercising, staying mentally and socially active, and keeping stress in check. By leading a brain-healthy lifestyle, you may be able to prevent Alzheimer’s symptoms and slow down, or even reverse, the process of deterioration.

Alzheimer?s & Dementia Prevention: How to Reduce Your Risk and Protect Your Brain

????

You NEVER know how much time you have; or what lies in wait around the curve in the road.

For many years, we've been told that there's little we can do to prevent Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia but hope for the best and wait for a pharmaceutical cure. But the truth is you can reduce your risk by eating right, exercising, staying mentally and socially active, and keeping stress in check. By leading a brain-healthy lifestyle, you may be able to prevent Alzheimer’s symptoms and slow down, or even reverse, the process of deterioration.

Alzheimer?s & Dementia Prevention: How to Reduce Your Risk and Protect Your Brain

How many people have died from it, but were active people all their lives...in the brain department and body department? A LOT. So grasping at straws by saying exercise your brain is, pardon my eye roll, doesn't quite cut it. They don't even know the cause of it. Nor RA. Nor cancer. They can GUESS, though. Just like they are GUESSING that exercising the brain and eating right will stave off Alzheimers. Um hm. Ok. Sure.:eusa_hand:

holy shit, this is not a breakthrough.

diagnosing a disease or condition is of no value if you cannot provide the means to at LEAST alleviate it, let alone cure it.

That makes a mess, I agree in principle but my exit will be clean and quite - a hose from the exhaust or a dozen or more pills along with some nice wine or scotch.

Forum List

Back