Bloomberg may launch independent U.S. presidential bid...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Yeah, yeah, I know...Bloomberg is ALWAYS exploring an Independent Presidential campaign.

Michael Bloomberg, the billionaire former mayor of New York City, has told his aides to draw up plans for an independent campaign for the U.S. presidency, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Bloomberg has advised friends and associates that he would be willing to spend at least $1 billion of his own money on a campaign for the November 2016 election, according to the source, who spoke on condition on anonymity to discuss the former mayor's thinking.

Michael Bloomberg may launch independent U.S. presidential bid: source

Let's say he does it...pulls the trigger on an independent White House bid...

How would this affect the dynamics of the race?

IOW, who get's hurt the most by this?

Is this Nader/Gore 2000 or Perot/Bush 1994?

Yeah, yeah, I know...Bloomberg is ALWAYS exploring an Independent Presidential campaign.

Michael Bloomberg, the billionaire former mayor of New York City, has told his aides to draw up plans for an independent campaign for the U.S. presidency, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Bloomberg has advised friends and associates that he would be willing to spend at least $1 billion of his own money on a campaign for the November 2016 election, according to the source, who spoke on condition on anonymity to discuss the former mayor's thinking.

Actually that depends on the GOP candidate...

If Trump is the GOP candidate then it will hurt Trump in my opinion because the moderate Republican along with the moderate swing voter will most likely vote for Bloomberg, but if it is Cruz then I say it hurt the Democratic nominee instead...

If Trump is the GOP candidate then it will hurt Trump in my opinion because the moderate Republican along with the moderate swing voter will most likely vote for Bloomberg, but if it is Cruz then I say it hurt the Democratic nominee instead...
Bloomberg might only hurt Trump in New York he does not have the road time in to be a national threat. But Hillary screwed worse in New York because he needs her base and New York would be split by three New Yorkers.

If it comes down to Clinton, Trump and Bloomberg then it really doesn't matter who wins. Wall Street would have it in the bag already.

Bloomberg might only hurt Trump in New York he does not have the road time in to be a national threat. But Hillary screwed worse in New York because he needs her base and New York would be split by three New Yorkers.

Bloomberg could hurt Trump in Florida because of the Snow Birds...

I doubt he runs, but the candidate the GOP need to watch is Gary Johnson. He garner 1.2 million votes the last election and if he can make enough noise and enough voters are not happy with the two big ticket candidates then he could hurt the GOP this election cycle.

If Gary Johnson get more than 2 million votes then it could be tough for someone like Trump or Cruz...

Bloomberg could hurt Trump in Florida because of the Snow Birds...

I doubt he runs, but the candidate the GOP need to watch is Gary Johnson. He garner 1.2 million votes the last election and if he can make enough noise and enough voters are not happy with the two big ticket candidates then he could hurt the GOP this election cycle.

If Gary Johnson get more than 2 million votes then it could be tough for someone like Trump or Cruz...
Gary Johnson is a pretty good guy. Read many of his standings.
Just don't think he has enough to be number 1. Number 2? MAYBE...

interesting questions.

i think he'd take from both groups equally. also the numbers don't really bear out the assertion that gore lost because of nader.

Debunked: The Myth That Ralph Nader Cost Al Gore the 2000 Election - disinformation

Forum List

Back