Board Libs Concerning Homosexuality

MissileMan said:
To my knowledge, they've only successfully isolated a small number of specific genes that cause diseases...most are yet to be discovered. For the record, I don't believe that there is a "gay" gene. If it were genetic, it would also tend to be hereditary. I do however believe that it is a mis-wiring of the brain that occurs during fetal development and as such is something that gays are born with.

Which is interesting. In siblings there is a correlation either in environment or in genetic makeup that leads certain families to have homosexual siblings. One of my girlfriend's friends for example has a sister who is a lesbian. Not surprisingly she has some bisexual tendencies. There has to be some common event to lead to these events... More than just chance would predict. Whether its a genetically caused event remains to be seen.

PsuedoGhost said:
What, you have no argument as to why they shouldnt? Get a grip. You're losing this debate and you know it.

The government does not have the right to carry out the will of the majority when it may conflict with the rights of the minority.

Gay Gene Research:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,145754,00.html

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/assault/genetics/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06/02/the_odd_body_gay_gene/

http://www.tim-taylor.com/papers/twin_studies/index.html

Just some light reading for you.

Gays have a proven higher infection rate as related to communicable diseases i.e. std's, therefore I believe that yes sexual orientation should be a factor in blood donation.

Homos are not a minority. A minority denotes a group which cannot change their plight or whatever the case may be, not so with homos, it is a choice and they can change their behavior anytime they want.

Lol your false bravado is precious, you are getting smoked by me on this topic. Don't worry, its happened to better than you.

Oh also when you have something concrete(none of which those links were) get back to me, until that time it is a choice by default.

OCA said:
Gays have a proven higher infection rate as related to communicable diseases i.e. std's, therefore I believe that yes sexual orientation should be a factor in blood donation.

Homos are not a minority. A minority denotes a group which cannot change their plight or whatever the case may be, not so with homos, it is a choice and they can change their behavior anytime they want.

Lol your false bravado is precious, you are getting smoked by me on this topic. Don't worry, its happened to better than you.

Oh also when you have something concrete(none of which those links were) get back to me, until that time it is a choice by default.

Also illegal immigrants:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=PubMed&list_uids=12032899&dopt=Abstract

1: Clin Infect Dis. 2002 Jun 15;34(12):1627-32. Epub 2002 May 24. Related Articles, Links
Click here to read
Infections in Hispanic immigrants.

White Jr AC, Atmar RL.

Infectious Disease Section, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine and Ben Taub General Hospital, Houston, TX, 77030, USA. [email protected]

Hispanic immigrants are an increasing portion of the United States (US) population. In addition to being at risk for diseases common in the US-born population, Hispanic immigrants also are at risk for infections that do not usually occur in the US-born population. Thus, such diseases as tuberculosis, neurocysticercosis, brucellosis, typhoid fever, malaria, amebiasis, viral exanthems, and hepatitis need to be considered in Hispanics who present with fever or focal lesions. When included in the differential diagnosis, most of these infections can be readily diagnosed and treated with currently available methods.

PMID: 12032899 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

The argument often thrown around with "family" values is that gays can't reproduce. Why, then, do we grant marriage licenses to couples who do not intend to breed or couples who do not have the capability? They're not contributing to society by creating the "traditional family unit;" they're simply enjoying the benefits that come with the contract.

And why are we protecting something that has essentially fallen apart? Divorce rates have skyrocketed over the past few decades. The traditional family sitting around the dinner table has morphed into the children ordering Dominos while their parents work late. Not to mention that many people marry simply to gain access to wealth; not necessarily to form the fundamental unit of society.

Before anyone argues to protect the conservative/traditional standard of marriage, this standard needs to be in place. You're protecting something that has lost its sense of "sanctity" and is open to all heterosexuals regardless of whether or not they're in love and want to start a family. Restore and infuse "sanctity" first, then protect it.

liberalogic said:
The argument often thrown around with "family" values is that gays can't reproduce. Why, then, do we grant marriage licenses to couples who do not intend to breed or couples who do not have the capability?

Because its a man and a woman, simple as that.

OCA said:
Yeah but at least they work, guess it would be better to have the job empty and not being done than to have a dirty Latino doing it, heh?
Did it occur to you if an illegal wasn't doing it, an American at a decent wage might be?

OCA said:
Yeah but at least they work, guess it would be better to have the job empty and not being done than to have a dirty Latino doing it, heh?
Doesn't address the infection issue.

Kathianne said:
Did it occur to you if an illegal wasn't doing it, an American at a decent wage might be?

I still have never had an answer to this question I posed long ago. Could you please find me the native born American who is willing to work sunup to sunset this summer in the central valley of California in the 112 degree heat? Its a mythical figure, it doesn't exist no matter what the wage is, give up the hoax.

Kathianne said:
Doesn't address the infection issue.

Yes it does, i'd rather have an infected Latino here working than some of the healthy welfare bums we have here. Personally I don't give a shit about hard working individuals who may or may not have a sickness.

Anyway please refrain from hijacking this thread with your screeds about illegals.

OCA said:
Yes it does, i'd rather have an infected Latino here working than some of the healthy welfare bums we have here. Personally I don't give a shit about hard working individuals who may or may not have a sickness.

Anyway please refrain from hijacking this thread with your screeds about illegals.
No problem. :thup: btw you are wrong, but no more hijacking.

OCA said:

Again, what is your point? Everyone who donates blood is screened for any sexually transmitted diseases (the blood is at least). There is nothing wrong with receiving donated blood from homosexuals. What is your point?

Main Entry: mi·nor·i·ty
Pronunciation: m&-'nor-&-tE, mI-, -'när-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -ties
Usage: often attributive
1 a : the period before attainment of majority b : the state of being a legal minor
2 : the smaller in number of two groups constituting a whole; specifically : a group having less than the number of votes necessary for control
3 a : a part of a population differing from others in some characteristics and often subjected to differential treatment b : a member of a minority group <an effort to hire more minorities>

You were saying?

So confident but your only argument is that it's between a man and a woman? And again I ask you, why must it only be between a man and a woman?

Kathianne said:
No problem. :thup: btw you are wrong, but no more hijacking.

No, i'm right. The simple fact is America is currently setup to run on the cheap labor illegals provide sick or not. Without them we go down the tubes.

PsuedoGhost said:
No he's right. This whole "American's will take the jobs that illegals have is BS. "

Well hell you do have half a brain.

Kathianne lets face it, this whole deal with illegals is just a diversion, just a way to get peoples minds off of Iraq and other things, Mexicans have been pouring over that border for decades, now all of a sudden its a problem? Come on now!!!!!!!!!!!

OCA said:
No, i'm right. The simple fact is America is currently setup to run on the cheap labor illegals provide sick or not. Without them we go down the tubes.
Sorry, I don't want epidemics. They are NOT providing workers for jobs Americans won't do, you're way wrong on the OCA. Perhaps not for the wages, but then again, doubt you would do your job for $10 bucks an hour, never mind 5, in the case of illegals, less than 3.

MissileMan said:
To my knowledge, they've only successfully isolated a small number of specific genes that cause diseases...most are yet to be discovered. For the record, I don't believe that there is a "gay" gene. If it were genetic, it would also tend to be hereditary. I do however believe that it is a mis-wiring of the brain that occurs during fetal development and as such is something that gays are born with.

I tend to agree, although there may be a recessive trait which is associated with homosexuality. A recessive trait could result in homosexual preference, or more specifically, a combination of recessive genes could result in the neurochemical deviation which manifests as same-sex preference. The argument about such a recessive genetic sequence filtering itself out of the human genetic pool might well have held relevance in the past, but modern medical science can pretty well get around most of natures "safeguards."

PsuedoGhost said:
Aww... Looks like I struck a chord with Pale Rider. I'm so Godless its unbelievable. I'll be the first to state that 1 - Age and experience has nothing to do with relative intelligence or the legitimacy of one's arguments. 2 - Reputation means nothing...

/Cry... Wah Wah Wah? Come on now, make an attack that is legitimate.

Well you've got all the classic characteristics of a liberal, including contempt for anyone that thinks differently than you. You liberals are so predictable.

Your narcisistic tendencies make you look like a premadonna. Did you hurt yourself twisting your arm around far enough to pat yourself on the back?

Don't flatter yourself son. You couldn't strike anything with me. I've seen dozens of you "all full of yourself" liberals come and go here. We fuck with you for awhile for entertainment, and then you're usually gone. Gone because you can't argue against the fact and reasoning of a conservative. So, have a ball congradulating yourself, because you're the only one going to be doing it.

CockySOB said:
I tend to agree, although there may be a recessive trait which is associated with homosexuality. A recessive trait could result in homosexual preference, or more specifically, a combination of recessive genes could result in the neurochemical deviation which manifests as same-sex preference. The argument about such a recessive genetic sequence filtering itself out of the human genetic pool might well have held relevance in the past, but modern medical science can pretty well get around most of natures "safeguards."

Or, it could just be jacked-up behavior by people unable to cope with the strees and strain of the ups-n-downs of the male-female relationship.

In other words, when the going gets rough -- and let's face it, it DOES get R-O-U-G-H -- they cop out.

Forum List

Back