🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bodies exhumed: FL School for Boys had long history of abuse (but no criminal proof)

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
In Final Report, Experts Identify Remains At Notorious Reform School

Article on
Arthur G. Dozier School for Boys
where hundreds of boys, mostly Black, were reported abused or disappeared since the site was founded in 1900 and continued to operate as a juvenile detention center.

It's disturbing that no crime has been proven or disproven, so no charges are expected to be filed. Florida School for Boys - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since the site is for sale, I'd like to see a reputable foster or adoption program buy it to set up a sustainable school for teens aging out of the system to find jobs and housing while pursuing education or careers in counseling. We need more resources and effective programs to help meet the demand for foster care and troubled youth and families at risk, and it's shocking to hear of ongoing patterns of abuses going on at such institutions without any recourse. Whoever was running this school should be held to account, and maybe invest in a program to replace it.
[/FONT]

Article on
where hundreds of boys, mostly Black, were reported abused or disappeared since the site was founded in 1900 and continued to operate as a juvenile detention center.

It's disturbing that no crime has been proven or disproven, so no charges are expected to be filed. Florida School for Boys - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since the site is for sale, I'd like to see a reputable foster or adoption program buy it to set up a sustainable school for teens aging out of the system to find jobs and housing while pursuing education or careers in counseling. We need more resources and effective programs to help meet the demand for foster care and troubled youth and families at risk, and it's shocking to hear of ongoing patterns of abuses going on at such institutions without any recourse. Whoever was running this school should be held to account, and maybe invest in a program to replace it.
[/FONT]

This sounds like that orphanage in Canada run by the nuns, I can't remember the name of anyone, so I can't even Google it. Anyhow, it was notorious.

Whoever was running that school in 1900 is either long dead or 150 years old.

Dear Tipsycatlover according to the references, the school was closed permanently in 2011.
The reports of the abuses in the 1950's and 1960's could still be investigated and possibly traced.
If there were abuses going on in the more recent years, and/or if justice was obstructed by withholding information, there could be more done to seek justice for victims, including for taxpayers who might have paid to run this program if indeed abuses were being hidden to get funding that could have gone elsewhere.

If there are trials and convictions *still being pursued and conducted today* for crimes occurring during the Holocaust, what about here where the history of cases is more recent?

From what I understand, in some cases involving sex abuse of minors at the time, the statute of limitations can be waived and allow surviving victims to seek justice when they are old enough and in a more secure position to testify; and certainly in the case of murder, where there is no statute of limitations.

Article on

[/FONT]

This sounds like that orphanage in Canada run by the nuns, I can't remember the name of anyone, so I can't even Google it. Anyhow, it was notorious.

I would be interested in finding out historic buildings or institutions where these abuses have occurred, and maybe ask law schools for help to convert them into programs for recovery and counseling.

I heard of a boarding school in Canada where the Native Americans or Innuit ? were forced into sterilization. So that is a form of genocide. There is more than just physical damage, but the spiritual damage that carries from one generation to the next still needs healing for the cycle to stop. Otherwise I keep hearing more stories of Native Americans suffering from alcoholic or gambling addiction, and one young man who killed other classmates in a school shooting. How much of that latent rage is connected with the suppressed grief from genocide of the past?

The counseling and recovery help required to heal future generations affected could be provided through community programs based in these very centers once abused to commit these deeply damaging acts of oppression and abuse against defenseless people.

We may not know the names, but somebody out there may have family affected. It has an effect on others, and the wounds of the past need to be healed to break the cycle of victimhood.

Soul Wound: The Legacy of Native American Schools

Dear Tipsycatlover according to the references, the school was closed permanently in 2011.
The reports of the abuses in the 1950's and 1960's could still be investigated and possibly traced.
If there were abuses going on in the more recent years, and/or if justice was obstructed by withholding information, there could be more done to seek justice for victims, including for taxpayers who might have paid to run this program if indeed abuses were being hidden to get funding that could have gone elsewhere.

If there are trials and convictions *still being pursued and conducted today* for crimes occurring during the Holocaust, what about here where the history of cases is more recent?

From what I understand, in some cases involving sex abuse of minors at the time, the statute of limitations can be waived and allow surviving victims to seek justice when they are old enough and in a more secure position to testify; and certainly in the case of murder, where there is no statute of limitations.
There is no way to waive a statute of limitations retroactively.

Tipsycatlover
1. with the charges of sexual abuse against children by Catholic authorities
YES the normal statute of limitations was overridden because the children were not able to testify at the time, and only came out after they were mature adults and could deal with the process

2. Nobody is prevented from VOLUNTARILY choosing to come forward and offer restitution.
This does happen. People come forward to admit murders, etc. because they want a clear conscience.

It is not illegal for people to come forward if they want to help resolve abuses they were witnesses to or perhaps involved in.

Tipsycatlover it's not like we are limited to only what the laws provide.
If the law doesn't require restitution, but a criminal wants to make restitution and donate money to help victims, that's not illegal to do more than the law requires.

We wouldn't have charities doing all this wonderful work saving the homeless and mentally ill, etc.
if everything we did had to depend on what govt dictated.

Don't limit yourself or your thinking. The best solutions I have found came out of
groups who didn't get help from govt and had to create solutions on their own.

The statute of limitations has long passed on anything that happened there.
Dear airplanemechanic and Tipsycatlover

The statute of limitations has also passed on the Holocaust, the Native American and African American genocides, and lots of other historic issues.

But that doesn't mean people cannot choose freely to seek solutions that heal and resolve these issues, and benefit future generations.

The spiritual process continues and does not have a limit.
It keeps going until there is full healing, recovery and reconciliation.

Until justice is served and there is equal justice and peace for all,
the conscience will drive toward better solutions. The process continues
and is not limited to just what the law governs.

People can do things through nonprofits, through schools, businesses or churches.

For example, the business community that got together and bought
on auction all the weapons of torture that Jeffrey Daumer used on his victims
so they could melt them down, did so out of pure compassion to prevent further pain and suffering. They raised the money themselves to make sure those items did not end up hocked online for profit touting Daumer's name and crime for notoriety.

That was completely voluntary. The people who helped were not guilty of any crime, and were not ordered to do so. They did so by conscience.

The people who donated thousands of dollars to the women kidnapped and raped
in Ohio did so out of pure compassion and charity. The people who set up and managed the fund so that all the money could go to the recipients without having to worry about taxes on what they received, donated all their services including the tax filings for nonprofit donations and did not accept any payment so all the money went to the victims.

the law did not require them to do ANY of that.
The offender in that case had killed himself in jail, and he had no way of paying restitution anyway. But other people did, out of support for the women and children having to rebuild their lives.

Lots of things are possible even after statutes have passed
or even if there is no conviction for crimes. People can still help on their own.

We live in a very sad society if we have to wait for courts to tell us what to do or not to do
in order to get anything done.

If the Founding Fathers waited for Government to tell them what to do, we wouldn't have our country. They had to create the founding documents and structure, and hold conventions to get the public and states all on the same page.

If they kept waiting on permission to do things from the parent government in Great Britain,
they would have stayed stuck. I'm glad we have the freedom in America to set up our own charities, schools, business programs, etc. I hope we learn to use these advantages we have to the maximum. All these problems that aren't being prevented or corrected with our given system are opportunities to create something that can address the causes and solutions.

Last edited:

Just read a book by Tom Lowe that used that school as part of its plot.

Lowe does loads of research on anything he writes so chances are there were graves discovered on that property.

The book is called Cemetery Road and that school is pretty well described in the book.

Article on

[/FONT]

I would be interested in finding out historic buildings or institutions where these abuses have occurred, and maybe ask law schools for help to convert them into programs for recovery and counseling.

I heard of a boarding school in Canada where the Native Americans or Innuit ? were forced into sterilization. So that is a form of genocide. There is more than just physical damage, but the spiritual damage that carries from one generation to the next still needs healing for the cycle to stop. Otherwise I keep hearing more stories of Native Americans suffering from alcoholic or gambling addiction, and one young man who killed other classmates in a school shooting. How much of that latent rage is connected with the suppressed grief from genocide of the past?

The counseling and recovery help required to heal future generations affected could be provided through community programs based in these very centers once abused to commit these deeply damaging acts of oppression and abuse against defenseless people.

We may not know the names, but somebody out there may have family affected. It has an effect on others, and the wounds of the past need to be healed to break the cycle of victimhood.

There is no latent grief from genocide of the past.

If you are looking for some connection between charity and guilt, be aware that it sounds like gobbledygook.

Article on

[/FONT]

Here it is, the orphanage in Canada, the Duplessis Orphans. The story is complicated and extensive, spanning many decades, so here's the link to just read it:

Duplessis Orphans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Article on

[/FONT]

If you are looking for some connection between charity and guilt, be aware that it sounds like gobbledygook.

Dear Tipsycatlover
If you are not experienced or skilled in the area of spiritual healing people such as Native Americans,
I suggest you do research into people and groups who are experienced with helping members of these communities with recovery.

I'll never forget watching a documentary about working with Native Americans as a community on healing from the past.
Like you, many of these members themselves DENIED they carried any anger or resentment, at first.

But when they started going through the therapy, the pain came out.
The anguish, the shame. After they were able to cry and release the pain from the past,
then they were free to speak openly and had no resentment or anger. So this was not to "focus on victimhood" but to get rid of the denial and remove any of that mentality that was suppressed. This forgiveness process has been shown to help people break out of "victim mentality" and overcome setbacks instead of resenting them either consciously or unconsciously.

In the case of Native Americans, it had been suppressed, underneath the denial used as a "defense mechanism" Only when they had a safe environment to share (for the purpose of healing not holding on to this) and let these emotions out, then they all came out in order to let go fully.

The 5 step grief process isn't a perfect description,
but many people have discovered they have stages they haven't finished
and as they progress, these stages do come forth, but not always in a predictable order.

Just because you have no understanding or knowledge of the suppressed grief
doesn't mean it isn't there! Even the people carrying this grief didn't think they had anything suppressed, until it came out during the sessions.

I can't see all the molecules or particles that are in a water drop
but that doesn't meant they aren't there.

If I really want to know, I'll go ask an expert who can describe the contents of a water drop.

Likewise there are experts who have worked with therapy and healing, and particularly with
Native Americans and their spirituality. If they understand the culture, the signs and stages, and what works to resolve issues within that culture, I am going to trust these who have developed effective ways and solutions that work with that particular demographic group.

One of the college teachers I know working with a nonprofit on interethnic relations and healing,
said that the Native Americans she knows carry a deep rooted distrust from the past,
and can suddenly turn on you because of it. It's not their fault, but a manifestation of
reactions to the past.

Many people have discovered the same with African American community members,
especially the pastors and ministers who have been coming out calling to address Black on Black
violence from in-bred self-hatred and resentment of which Blacks benefit from integrating with
the "White" system and which "don't sell out". So much of this comes from deeply engrained
division where race was used to distinguish slaves by skin color, and to divide the field slaves
from the house slaves to keep them from uniting and liberating themselves from their masters.

Until you've seen someone go through the healing process, you may not understand
all the layers and stages, including some that span multiple generations.

I happen to work with different groups with different approaches to spiritual healing,
so I've seen many versions of the process. It goes very deep, and some of the
healing only happens after the team recognizes the root causes that can date back centuries
into a person's cultural and family past. the human conscience carries a lot more than what
we are conscious of.

Just because we don't perceive, believe or think it's there,
doesn't mean it doesn't still influence a person today.

From looking into therapists who have successfully worked with people on healing,
I found that the common factor is not denying but acknowledging and FORGIVING
the past wounds and causes of injustice.

Pretending they don't exist is like letting disease spread by ignoring the threat.
The point is NOT to hold on to victimhood, but the opposite, to totally let go by cleaning it all out.
This can't happen if people are too busy telling themselves it's already in the past.
if the wounds are not healed, the infection continues and it affects the present and the future.

Last edited:

Yes this is correct.

Historical Trauma

Dear Tipsycatlover I understand you have a legal background and can answer questions within your expertise and experience.

Would you agree that people with experience in the realm of Native American
cultural experiences and social development would be the ones to ask
about any latent grief or unresolved issues from past oppression and genocide?

See example link:
Historical Trauma

Let me know if you think you are the one to ask about this field,
or if you would defer to others with more experience and interest than you do.

Do you think you know more than people who have been working on this all their lives?

Yes this is correct.

1. Sex Abuse Lawsuit State Statute of Limitations List | Lawyers Representing Sexual Abuse Clients Around the Country including: California, New York, Illinois, Florida, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Hawaii, Washington and many other states. Many states allow Reciprocity and for a lawyer to be admitted to practice Pro Hac Vice pursuant to certain rules in each jurisdiction. Please call to see if your state qualifies for either Reciprocity or Pro Hac Vice status.
Some states have no SOL in certain cases of sexual abuse

2. There is no law against people voluntarily coming forward and working with authorities
to resolve cases

In fact, more people might volunteer if more legal help were offered to settle cases.

If we only wait on govt to act to punish people, it's no wonder they run and hide and take the fifth amendment.
What if we rewarded people with assistance in making restitution if they come forward,
including families who want to report someone but can't afford the legal problems this would cause.

If more people got help to resolve these issues in a way that restores justice and heals relations,
wouldn't more people come forward asking for help rather than running from the law for fear of punishment.

Here is one reformed killer who regained his sanity and normal frame of mind
after he was healed of sickness associated with occult practices and dark energy:
AriseandShine.org

The pattern and change of behavior I notice in people like this who were healed,
is that they want to do more for others to make up for their past. So the worse their
crimes and abuses they committed, the more conviction they have to want to help others prevent the same.
Since Berkowitz killed and tormented so many innocent people, then after he was cured and realized he was forgiven
of these horrible acts that caused irreparable harm and suffering, he has the biggest drive to help authorities
catch criminals and help people prevent any more crimes by going through the same healing he did.

This isn't about restricting ourselves to only what the law provides.
What the people need in order to heal and to prevent future abuses
requires a lot more work anyway. Why not set up programs that offer this healing,
so people can get the help they need?

All voluntary. The laws on crimes would still apply,
but the participants are free to do more than the law requires if they want to really help resolve issues and bring healing of past abuses.

Article on

[/FONT]

I think that was the Magdalene Sisters? Pretty brutal :(

Article on

[/FONT]

Dear Tipsycatlover
If you are not experienced or skilled in the area of spiritual healing people such as Native Americans,
I suggest you do research into people and groups who are experienced with helping members of these communities with recovery.

I'll never forget watching a documentary about working with Native Americans as a community on healing from the past.
Like you, many of these members themselves DENIED they carried any anger or resentment, at first.

The anguish, the shame. After they were able to cry and release the pain from the past,
then they were free to speak openly and had no resentment or anger. So this was not to "focus on victimhood" but to get rid of the denial and remove any of that mentality that was suppressed. This forgiveness process has been shown to help people break out of "victim mentality" and overcome setbacks instead of resenting them either consciously or unconsciously.

In the case of Native Americans, it had been suppressed, underneath the denial used as a "defense mechanism" Only when they had a safe environment to share (for the purpose of healing not holding on to this) and let these emotions out, then they all came out in order to let go fully.

and as they progress, these stages do come forth, but not always in a predictable order.

doesn't mean it isn't there! Even the people carrying this grief didn't think they had anything suppressed, until it came out during the sessions.

If I really want to know, I'll go ask an expert who can describe the contents of a water drop.

Likewise there are experts who have worked with therapy and healing, and particularly with
Native Americans and their spirituality. If they understand the culture, the signs and stages, and what works to resolve issues within that culture, I am going to trust these who have developed effective ways and solutions that work with that particular demographic group.

One of the college teachers I know working with a nonprofit on interethnic relations and healing,
said that the Native Americans she knows carry a deep rooted distrust from the past,
and can suddenly turn on you because of it. It's not their fault, but a manifestation of
reactions to the past.

especially the pastors and ministers who have been coming out calling to address Black on Black
violence from in-bred self-hatred and resentment of which Blacks benefit from integrating with
the "White" system and which "don't sell out". So much of this comes from deeply engrained
division where race was used to distinguish slaves by skin color, and to divide the field slaves
from the house slaves to keep them from uniting and liberating themselves from their masters.

Until you've seen someone go through the healing process, you may not understand

I happen to work with different groups with different approaches to spiritual healing,
healing only happens after the team recognizes the root causes that can date back centuries
into a person's cultural and family past. the human conscience carries a lot more than what
we are conscious of.

From looking into therapists who have successfully worked with people on healing,

Pretending they don't exist is like letting disease spread by ignoring the threat.
The point is NOT to hold on to victimhood, but the opposite, to totally let go by cleaning it all out.
This can't happen if people are too busy telling themselves it's already in the past.
if the wounds are not healed, the infection continues and it affects the present and the future.
I am Native American and you are politely full of crap. There is no such thing as genetic memory. A water drop may contain a lot of molecules and not a single one is the memory of a past water drop's molecules.

You may believe in spiritual healing but please don't try proselytizing to me, it's a waste of time.

Article on

[/FONT]

Dear Tipsycatlover

reactions to the past.

we are conscious of.

I am Native American and you are politely full of crap. There is no such thing as genetic memory. A water drop may contain a lot of molecules and not a single one is the memory of a past water drop's molecules.

You may believe in spiritual healing but please don't try proselytizing to me, it's a waste of time.

You're Native American? How fascinating, I have a great respect for Native American peoples and culture and of course wisdom.

Dear Tipsycatlover

reactions to the past.

we are conscious of.

You're Native American? How fascinating, I have a great respect for Native American peoples and culture and of course wisdom.
My father was Iroquois. My mother was Jewish. I have heard all the Navajew jokes. As to how an Iroquois from Indiana met a Jew from New York, that is a function of WWII.

At one time I had the idea of getting in touch with my native culture. I found that they were cannibals fairly adept at torture. I come by my mean streak honestly.

Forum List

Back