Boehner just asked Obama to move his speech by one day

Wow, you guys still have this thread going. Is it the be all bitch about everything thread now? Lol

Of course. It's gonna make a great attack ad for Obama.

Oh, Boehner, Cantor and McConnell have been nothing so much as the "gift that keeps on giving", on that front.

You just go on believing that. The Republicans are shooting themselves in the foot for bone head decision making and the Democrats are just going to benefit. Yep, that's what's happening right now... :eusa_whistle:

Wow, you guys still have this thread going. Is it the be all bitch about everything thread now? Lol

How? By being a crybaby, caught trying to schedule over a previously planned debate.

Everyone is talking about how they asked the president to move a speech so these idiots could debate. It is a running joke at this point.

Jobs, jobs, jobs, not campaign, campaign, campaign.

Seriously, I don't know you but your party is running amok. It's a comedy of errors with them on a daily basis.

I "love" the twenty second sound bites that people try to use to prove something. No offense but that's a really sleazy technique to utilize. How about if you find the full transcript of that Bush speech, Sallow? Bush was obviously trying for humor with that remark.

Again.

I am not the one calling Bush an "arrogant child".

I was giving examples of what may be construed as arrogance.

Yes, and the "example" you found was a cherry picked twenty second sound bite taken out of context in order to try and prove that "arrogance". I actually remember that Bush speech. The remark that you've chosen to use as "proof" that Bush considered himself part of an elite was a tongue in cheek remark made for a laugh. As I said before...when you have to stoop to sleazy techniques such as that to prove something? Then you've actually proven the opposite.

Oh gosh..what context would you like? He self identifies with "elites", becomes president then hands them one of the biggest tax cuts in American history. That work for you?

How about "You are with us or you are with the Terrorists?", or giving a backrub to Angela Merkel during a meeting between peer nations.

All leaders have some "arrogance". They wouldn't be leaders if they didn't. But pointing out that President Obama is an "Arrogant Child" is highly insulting, untrue and bears challenge. And given all the code talking around this President, even by ELECTED OFFICIALS, it's tiresome.

I personally don't mind engaging in debates on policy.

I don't see much of that here.

As an owner of two businesses, I'm following the typical approach of focusing on cost in both. I severely limit discretionary spending, like advertising, because no one's spending so it doesn't work. I buy few meals where I used to more freely. My staff work longer hours when we're busy to limit needing to bring in variable workers.

I've cut employee benefits because costs are increasing and they are not sustainable. My alternate choice is cutting back on staff. They know that and I'm getting no complaint at all. In fact an insurance agent came in and criticized me for cutting benefits and my staff were mad at him. Actually that one surprised me. They see business after business going under and endless layoffs. We're doing OK, they get it.

I did have a layoff last year when the economy was really bad, but not reducing staff now. However, I'm in the process of laying off two low productive workers and replacing them with better workers because they are available. Everyone knows they are poor performers and with the increased work again I'm getting support because their poor performance makes everyone work longer.

We've maintained profitability and because everything I've done is rational and I've explained it I continue to be profitable and have a positive work environment. But it's hard and we're swimming upstream in this horrible economy.

To just hire or spend on growing the business would just be idiotic. The returns are not there. I can't believe you'd even ask a question like that. What good would increased spending do when there is zero economic growth? All you can do is take business from your competitors and across the board that's a zero sum game. All spending would do is decrease profits.

A couple of things you left out here...

What is your business? Where is it located? Yadda yadda..

It's impossible to comment on it without that information. Of course it makes a good rant about "spending" and the like.

I would actually like to see more things happen like what Obama did with student loans. The private industry was making a good dollar with that one. Government backed student loans. What did they do? Kept raising interest rates on them..and making it harder for students to get the loans. So the Obama administration made the loans directly to students. Good job.

What he should start doing is more of that. If the private sector wants to keep their "more with less move operations overseas take every dime you can from profit and give it to executives" strategy then what the government should start doing is breaking ties with private industry. There's plenty of work to be done..and plenty of skilled engineers, technicians, architects and laborers sitting on their hands while their skills diminish. President Obama should identify what needs to be done..create a government task force to get it done..and by pass contracting to the private sector. He should start reducing the tax payer fleecing on that front.

And as he eliminates more and more of the Private Sector, the revenue base that he needs to operate all these "government task forces" disappears along with them. So now you've replace Private Sector jobs that produce revenue with Public Sector jobs that will of course require it. Then we'll sit back and watch as yet ANOTHER government entity does what government entities usually do...namely showing itself to be unable to operate at a profit, thus creating one more thing the public needs to subsidize.

You're the guys that say the Private sector provides jobs without the government.

Now you're saying it doesn't.

Pick a fucking side, will ya?:lol:

One is a design firm, the other is a restaurant. They are in the Triangle of North Carolina, which is actually a better economy then the nation as a whole.

It's impossible to comment on it without that information. Of course it makes a good rant about "spending" and the like.
Why? What I said is typical of every industry right now.

I would actually like to see more things happen like what Obama did with student loans
You mean blame the failure of a completely government regulated industry on free markets?

What he should start doing is more of that. If the private sector wants to keep their "more with less move operations overseas take every dime you can from profit and give it to executives"

As for the rest of your Marxist crap, this here shows your ignorance. The money goes to shareholders, not executives. The rest is BS flowing from a contrived statement. You want jobs, we need less government, not more. We're suffocating in it.

You know when you spew crap like this..you show your ignorance.

Government spending on the private sector is Fascism. You like that sort of shit?

Well back at ya. Fascist.

How? By being a crybaby, caught trying to schedule over a previously planned debate.

Everyone is talking about how they asked the president to move a speech so these idiots could debate. It is a running joke at this point.

Seriously, I don't know you but your party is running amok. It's a comedy of errors with them on a daily basis.

The debate was already scheduled and the presidents staff knew this. They went ahead and scheduled anyway. Then were caught being political hacks and backed down. If they had the high ground they wouldnt have become instant pussies.

Really, when exactly is Obama not Campaigning, other than when He is on vacation?

You're the guys that say the Private sector provides jobs without the government.

I don't know how many times I can explain this to you. Government control of the economy is not "without government." Government is regulating and spending us into the ground. That is not "without the government." That is "with" the government. That is the issue. We are completely consistent. If the government would back off, the economy would revive and the jobs would come. Government continuing to confiscate money and regulate. Your solution to cyanide poisoning is more cyanide, it's a stupid idea.

You do realize NBC asked Obama to change his speech time after it was set for 8pm right? He agreed to move it to before the football game so as to not interfere with the season opener.

So based on your opinion does Obama think football is more important and he had to move his speech up by one hour?

And then you had the Whitehouse statements that he wasn't going to give the entirity of his plan before congress during that speech but was instead going to lay it all out over the fall.
So one of three things is happening.....

He doesn't actually have any good ideas and needs more time to find some.

He has a plan but thinks his stump speeches are more important to his reelection than jobs are to the unemployed.

Only has a small idea of what to do so he needs time to hear republican ideas in the debates to use later and call his own.

I would actually like to see more things happen like what Obama did with student loans. The private industry was making a good dollar with that one. Government backed student loans. What did they do? Kept raising interest rates on them..and making it harder for students to get the loans. So the Obama administration made the loans directly to students. Good job.

What he should start doing is more of that. If the private sector wants to keep their "more with less move operations overseas take every dime you can from profit and give it to executives" strategy then what the government should start doing is breaking ties with private industry. There's plenty of work to be done..and plenty of skilled engineers, technicians, architects and laborers sitting on their hands while their skills diminish. President Obama should identify what needs to be done..create a government task force to get it done..and by pass contracting to the private sector. He should start reducing the tax payer fleecing on that front.

And as he eliminates more and more of the Private Sector, the revenue base that he needs to operate all these "government task forces" disappears along with them. So now you've replace Private Sector jobs that produce revenue with Public Sector jobs that will of course require it. Then we'll sit back and watch as yet ANOTHER government entity does what government entities usually do...namely showing itself to be unable to operate at a profit, thus creating one more thing the public needs to subsidize.

Hey.... you see that Fire Hydrant on the other side of that busy Train Yard....? :eusa_whistle: Is that a cat climbing it? :razz:

Happy Labor Day Sallow. :)

You do realize NBC asked Obama to change his speech time after it was set for 8pm right? He agreed to move it to before the football game so as to not interfere with the season opener.

So based on your opinion does Obama think football is more important and he had to move his speech up by one hour?

And then you had the Whitehouse statements that he wasn't going to give the entirity of his plan before congress during that speech but was instead going to lay it all out over the fall.

He has a plan but thinks his stump speeches are more important to his reelection than jobs are to the unemployed.

Only has a small idea of what to do so he needs time to hear republican ideas in the debates to use later and call his own.

I think Obama made some poor choices and that the best he can do here is just drop the matter.

Again.

I am not the one calling Bush an "arrogant child".

I was giving examples of what may be construed as arrogance.

Yes, and the "example" you found was a cherry picked twenty second sound bite taken out of context in order to try and prove that "arrogance". I actually remember that Bush speech. The remark that you've chosen to use as "proof" that Bush considered himself part of an elite was a tongue in cheek remark made for a laugh. As I said before...when you have to stoop to sleazy techniques such as that to prove something? Then you've actually proven the opposite.

Oh gosh..what context would you like? He self identifies with "elites", becomes president then hands them one of the biggest tax cuts in American history. That work for you?

How about "You are with us or you are with the Terrorists?", or giving a backrub to Angela Merkel during a meeting between peer nations.

All leaders have some "arrogance". They wouldn't be leaders if they didn't. But pointing out that President Obama is an "Arrogant Child" is highly insulting, untrue and bears challenge. And given all the code talking around this President, even by ELECTED OFFICIALS, it's tiresome.

I personally don't mind engaging in debates on policy.

I don't see much of that here.

He made that remark in jest, Sallow. You chose it to demonstrate his "arrogance". All it demonstrates however, is that in an eight year times span with which to select examples of Bush being arrogant, the best you could come up with is a cherry picked 20 second sound bite of a statement that was tongue in cheek.

Really, when exactly is Obama not Campaigning, other than when He is on vacation?

He is taking the issues to the people just so they get the real story and not the lying gop version. It is a legitimate way to handle the way they are attempting to scam voters into thinking everything is on the up and up between the gop leadership and their corporate buddies.

I think Obama made some poor choices and that the best he can do here is just drop the matter.

I'm sure you would want him to drop the matter. :lol:

He is taking the issues to the people just so they get the real story and not the lying gop version. It is a legitimate way to handle the way they are attempting to scam voters into thinking everything is on the up and up between the gop leadership and their corporate buddies.

If you don't let facts obstruct your message, it is right on. :eusa_whistle:

Joy! Joy!

Where did I ever say the Private Sector doesn't provide jobs without the government? If the government allows it to, the Private Sector is quite capable of providing jobs. You on the other hand seem to feel that the answer to all our problems is for the government to take over MORE of the Private Sector.

If you don't let facts obstruct your message, it is right on. :eusa_whistle:

Joy! Joy!

I see she just ignored my post and the fact that Obama gave up a primetime slot so football could continue without being bothered with jobs. The very thing she is bitching about the gop doing. Partisan hackery at its finest.

Where did I ever say the Private Sector doesn't provide jobs without the government? If the government allows it to, the Private Sector is quite capable of providing jobs. You on the other hand seem to feel that the answer to all our problems is for the government to take over MORE of the Private Sector.

Actually, I don't. I think the government we have..which is a mix of both public and private sector initiatives, is a good way to go.

But when there's a break down in the process, which is, that government funds research and development, gives grants and loans at low cost, gives out contracts to do jobs for the public sector..and the private sector responds by giving Americans jobs and providing a tax base, and provides goods and services..something has to change.

So far tax cuts and low regulations are not working. Quite the opposite. It is encouraging massive greed from the "wealth extractors". We are seeing the same sort of concentrating of wealth we saw prior to the new deal. It's not good and it's destroying a carefully crafted middle class.

It's absolutely fine to have rich people, by the way, but not when it is causing so much economic distress. And that really has to be remedied.

Forum List

Back