Boehner just asked Obama to move his speech by one day

Well, I think it would be likely that he wants to talk about more recent events, like the standard and poor’s credit downgrade, or the historically unprecedented behavior of the stock market two to three weeks ago when it had, what I would almost term, a market quake. Or perhaps he wants to talk about recent events on the east coast and what effect they might have on the market. Whatever it is the president wants to talk about (I doubt he wants to share muffin recipes or chat about the price of tea in china), I should think the congress can reasonably rearrange its business to accommodate.
As for the jobs market being “in the shitter”, indeed it is, perhaps that’s what he wants to talk about.

They DID "reasonably rearrange their business". They said, "We can't do it that fast, how about this date instead?" What, you thought they didn't have stuff to do THAT day that got pushed out of the way?

You really do have no idea what's involved in any of this, do you? You act like you think the "President" can just demand a joint session of Congress on a whim, and all they have to do is shrug and tell their secretaries to move their dinner plans to another night, and "President" Obama just hops in his car and motors over to the Capitol like some everyday shlub attending a dinner party at his friends' house.

Some people just cannot understand the concept of three separate but equal branches of government.

They also don't seem to understand that both houses of Congress don't just get together on a whim, spur-of-the-moment. There are ironclad procedures that must be followed for that to happen.

I guess Sallow is a little scared. All I hear from him is

cricket.... cricket... cricket...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Scared of what?

What wager?

I generally will do sigs..

So let me know what it is.
It's much more than a sig...
http://www.usmessageboard.com/4078687-post166.html

If Obama is re-elected in 2012, I will have a moderator delete my account, and ban my IP address.

If Obama is NOT re-elected in 2012, you will have a moderator delete your account and ban your IP address.

Respond to this post that my proposal is acceptable, and we're on.

Fail to accept, and be branded whiny cry baby bitch.

Salt Jones had the nads to accept. Do you? If so, reply to this post that you accept, and it will be so noted.

Nothing about "nads"...I wouldn't want to see you leave the board. It's to much fun spanking you on a regular basis.

If you want to do sigs thats fine. But as you will be leaving..there is no need.

Cya. :lol:

A very good point. No Republican has ever been impeached, NOT because Democrats were too "respectful" to try, but because Republicans either 1) are not in a position to BE impeached, or 2) have enough respect for the United States not to put them through that sort of spectacle. Not only did Nixon resign instead, but he was also told to resign by his own party's leaders, or else.

Only a Democrat would be more interested in his own power and legacy than in not embarrassing his country.

So Nixon resigned because he loved America so much?

I don't personally know the guy, so I can't say whether "love" came into it. I do think he had a better sense of the decorum required of the President than Obama does, and I also know that the Republicans in Congress had no intention of letting him drag the country through an embarrassing spectacle.

And if you want to get on your high moral horse about former President Nixon, I have two words for you: Bill Clinton. After having that clown in office, you lost any moral authority to object to ANYTHING Nixon did.

That's a huge load of stinking bullshit. Better sense of decorum? He fucking broke the law. Why the fuck do you think Ford pardoned him? And he was such a psycho..he taped all of his conversations.

You really should pick up a fucking history book.

Last edited:
Congress never had to deal with an arrogant child before.

Is that code talk for uppity black folk? :lol:

Yes, because it's impossible for any black man to have any character traits that are NOT all about his color . . . if you're an ignorant, three-toothed bigot, that is. :eusa_hand:

Well heck..lets see..

If you are going to describe behavior that's "arrogant" and "child-like" perhaps you'd better back it up with some facts.

For instance..if I were to call George W. Bush arrogant and child-like, I would point to one of the reasons he went to war with Iraq.

He specifically said it was "Because they tried to kill my daddy".

It's arrogant to use the military of the United States to settle a personal score, petulant and child like.

See how that works?

It's not just the dual congress. How much face time does this guy require week after week month after month???????????

I know he's got to have made more speeches than any 2 presidents.

Well first you guys get on him about taking vacations. Except he's clocked about a third the vacation time of either Ronald Reagan or George W. Bush.

Then you get on him about not working hard enough.

And NOW? To many speeches?

What the fuck do you suppose a President does? Seriously?

Is that code talk for uppity black folk? :lol:

Yes, because it's impossible for any black man to have any character traits that are NOT all about his color . . . if you're an ignorant, three-toothed bigot, that is. :eusa_hand:

Well heck..lets see..

If you are going to describe behavior that's "arrogant" and "child-like" perhaps you'd better back it up with some facts.

For instance..if I were to call George W. Bush arrogant and child-like, I would point to one of the reasons he went to war with Iraq.

It's arrogant to use the military of the United States to settle a personal score, petulant and child like.

See how that works?

Got a link for that?

It's not just the dual congress. How much face time does this guy require week after week month after month???????????

Well first you guys get on him about taking vacations. Except he's clocked about a third the vacation time of either Ronald Reagan or George W. Bush.

What do you think a President does? His job is not to make speeches. Would his time not be used better in the Oval office meeting with congressional leaders? Talking with different business leaders from different types of business maybe? But gathering both houses of congress to tell them to go to work? The man has been in campaign mode for the past 3 1/2 years, and he isn't going to change.........

What do you think a President does? His job is not to make speeches. Would his time not be used better in the Oval office meeting with congressional leaders? Talking with different business leaders from different types of business maybe? But gathering both houses of congress to tell them to go to work? The man has been in campaign mode for the past 3 1/2 years, and he isn't going to change.........

Holy shit. Really?

He does talk to them on a regular basis. He fucking hired one of them. A REPUBLICAN NO LESS. What do you guys do? How do you guys react to this? You villify it. You villify GE. On almost a daily basis. I don't hear you guys talking about HP. HP was one of the first companies to move jobs overseas. They fired about 30K people. And the person who did that was REPUBLICAN Carly Fiorina.

Remember her?

Carly Fiorina (born Cara Carleton Sneed; September 6, 1954) is an American business executive and a former Republican candidate for the United States Senate representing California.
Carly Fiorina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Really..do you follow the news or just make shit up as you go along.

Well heck..lets see..

See how that works?

Got a link for that?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC5dfneoHcE]Bush: After all, this is the guy who tried to kill my dad - YouTube[/ame]

Okay..here's how google works.

Go to your desktop.
Double click internet explorer.
In the top tab type in Google
In the search tab type in "he tried to kill my daddy"
Click search.

You'd be amazed.:clap2:

Changing the subject again? What does businesses moving overseas have to do with yet another speech by Obama?

Do you actually read these things Ollie? Because if you don't we are done.

I addressed exactly what you made points on..that Obama doesn't "talk with business leaders". In fact he does. All the time.

President Obama Addresses U.S. Chamber of Commerce | The White House

Do you follow the news?

Oh please, we're talking about how many speeches the man makes and you rebut it with a link to another speech? Talking with business leaders means a two way exchange. You know exchanging ideas and information, I know it's difficult for some to understand this but standing up and telling a group of people what you want or what they want to hear, really doesn't mean shit.....

Well heck..lets see..

See how that works?

Got a link for that?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC5dfneoHcE]Bush: After all, this is the guy who tried to kill my dad - YouTube[/ame]

Go to your desktop.
Click search.

Oh goody! A clip with no context.

Changing the subject again? What does businesses moving overseas have to do with yet another speech by Obama?

I addressed exactly what you made points on..that Obama doesn't "talk with business leaders". In fact he does. All the time.

Do you follow the news?

If the answer is "Fox", then the subanswer is "No, actually. I don't."

Last edited:

Do you follow the news?

Oh please, we're talking about how many speeches the man makes and you rebut it with a link to another speech? Talking with business leaders means a two way exchange. You know exchanging ideas and information, I know it's difficult for some to understand this but standing up and telling a group of people what you want or what they want to hear, really doesn't mean shit.....

Ah..so you have another way to address business leaders?

Telepathy perhaps?

You ever sit in a meeting?

Ever?

Are you familiar with how business gets done?

Pretty shocked by this, actually.

You seem a bit more mature.

All Presidents communicate via speeches..you know.

Got a link for that?

Go to your desktop.
Click search.

Oh fuck Ernie.

Moving the Goalposts?

Unbelievable man.

And it's not something I put up..it was something you put up.

You said Obama was an arrogant child..I didn't say Bush was an arrogant child.

I said if you wanted to call someone an arrogant child..you should give examples..and I gave you one.

Bush: After all, this is the guy who tried to kill my dad - YouTube

Go to your desktop.
Click search.

Oh fuck Ernie.

Moving the Goalposts?

Unbelievable man.

I said if you wanted to call someone an arrogant child..you should give examples..and I gave you one.

Obama is arrogant--in fact--he is narcissistic

You'll have an opportunity to watch him give a speech during a joint session of congress here next week. He's not a humble person--he will get that nose so high in the air--when he speaks--as if he is looking DOWN on the rest of the country.

$obama-speech.jpg

Oh fuck Ernie.

Moving the Goalposts?

Unbelievable man.

You'll have an opportunity to watch him give a speech during a joint session of congress here next week. He's not a humble person--he will get that nose so high in the air--when he speaks--as if he is looking DOWN on the rest of the country.

View attachment 15048

Well should be simple enough.

Provide examples.

By the way..

ar·ro·gant   /ˈærəgənt/ Show Spelled[ar-uh-guhnt] Show IPA
adjective
1. making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.
2. characterized by or proceeding from arrogance: arrogant claims.

I will help you out with a Bush example..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn4daYJzyls]George W Bush - The Elite My Base - YouTube[/ame]

Ready..set..go!

Oh fuck Ernie.

Moving the Goalposts?

Unbelievable man.

View attachment 15048

Well should be simple enough.

Provide examples.

By the way..

ar·ro·gant   /ˈærəgənt/ Show Spelled[ar-uh-guhnt] Show IPA
adjective
1. making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.
2. characterized by or proceeding from arrogance: arrogant claims.

I will help you out with a Bush example..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn4daYJzyls]George W Bush - The Elite My Base - YouTube[/ame]

Ready..set..go!

Context can mean so very much................

Forum List

Back