Boeing Quality Control Manager: Management Used Parts Marked Scrap for Aircraft

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Isn’t it comforting to know that the machines we fly around in are made as cheaply as they can possibly make them?

Isn’t it comforting to know that the machines we fly around in are made as cheaply as they can possibly make them?
I have no issue with that. Same with every medical device and drug. Made as cheaply as possible.

But using approved documentation.

Boeing Quality Control Manager: Management Used Parts Marked Scrap for Aircraft​

Doesn't surprise me. Years ago, the industry found that there was a raging industry for low cost copycat parts made by unauthorized third parties that were much cheaper because they didn't undergo the extensive testing normally mandated showing up throughout the industry with some of these parts even making it to Air Force One.

I've long thought that aircraft ought to be designed so that planes used to fly over ocean routes have engines above the wings or are jettison-able and with inflation devices to keep the plane afloat if it forced to land in the ocean, and planes flying over land have a skid plate that can be extended in case of landing gear failure and jettison-able fuel tanks, etc.

But these would greatly add to the cost of the jets and reduce the number of people they can carry. It is all about the money.

CEO of Boeing says his top priority is DEI.

And profits for bonus time.

Meyers, a 30-year veteran of Boeing, described to CNN what he says was an elaborate off-the-books practice that Boeing managers at the Everett factory used to meet production deadlines, including taking damaged and improper parts from the company's scrapyard, storehouses and loading docks.

tRump defanged the FAA. Now it profit over safety at every decision.

And he did it at a time when the FAA really needed more power, not less.

I'll note, they had the power. There has been 3 plus years under Biden to address this also and the problem is still there.

This was all over "shareholder value". Blame whatever else you want but "shareholder value" trumped safety.
Exactly. And lack of oversight.

Of course the duplicitous wingnuts will blame this on one of their fetish issues, while shilling for people and ideas that actually caused this. It's the cult shell game.

I'll note, they had the power. There has been 3 plus years under Biden to address this also and the problem is still there.
Putting regulations back is harder.

And even you must admit there were plenty of other things that needed doing at the same time.

Exactly. And lack of oversight.

Of course the duplicitous wingnuts will blame this on one of their fetish issues, while shilling for people and ideas that actually caused this. It's the cult shell game.

Nothing was done to change any of this under Biden either.

Putting regulations back is harder.

No it isn't. Always with the excuses.

You had planes falling from the sky. Doors falling off. Whistleblowers galore. The only thing missing was the desire to do something.

And even you must admit there were plenty of other things that needed doing at the same time.

Maybe one day we will get a president that can do more than one thing at a time.

Agreed 100%. But you are suggesting putting public safety ahead of profits. You wouldn't even get to finish your sentence in a room full of right wingers, these days..

While the rest gets theirs under the table. Sorry, I'm not willing to excuse any of them.

While the rest gets theirs under the table. Sorry, I'm not willing to excuse any of them.
I'm not either. I am not sure what you think you are doing to "not excuse" them, though. But if this is the issue you vote on, it's pretty clear which party is more likely to respond. I dont play the "both sides are exactly the same" game.

I'm not either. I am not sure what you think you are doing to "not excuse" them, though. But if this is the issue you vote on, it's pretty clear which party is more likely to respond. I dont play the "both sides are exactly the same" game.

Based upon history and what we know, neither party is more likely to respond. Boeing had an agreement (which never should have been offered in the first place) and they clearly violated it.

What is being done about that? It's being "investigated".

Forum List

Back