Bombshell study concludes there is no evidence for anthropogenic climate change...

I don't believe it's a problem like you do so I'm not sure you can say that about me. I think you are nuts for blowing weather out of proportion. It's political. You've been hoodwinked.
So we agree that sea levels are rising and the planet is warming. We just don't agree if the impact will be good, bad (me), or indifferent. That fair to say?

So we agree that sea levels are rising and the planet is warming. We just don't agree if the impact will be good, bad (me), or indifferent. That fair to say?
But we don't agree on the cause and we certainly don't agree that we can change it. But we do agree that you worry about it.

Didn't know that about him. What difference does that make? Does it make you less evil for wanting to keep people impoverished?
Being called evil by Hitler is not the same as being called evil by Martin Luther King.

But we don't agree on the cause and we certainly don't agree that we can change it. But we do agree that you worry about it.
I don't care about cause, you are the one who does. We can mitigate the consequences of sea level rise but poorer countries don't have that option. I'm 100% sure we can fine tune the global climate, I'm just not sure the best way to do it. I know you don't think CO2 is the cause but enough scientists do that they shouldn't be ignored.

I think mandating the raising of the average MGP of cars will, at best, lessen the CO2 going into the air. At worst, it will lessen local air pollution, allow US cars to compete overseas, and cut overall transportation costs. Win-win-win.

I think mandating the raising of the average MGP of cars will, at best, lessen the CO2 going into the air. At worst, it will lessen local air pollution, allow US cars to compete overseas, and cut overall transportation costs. Win-win-win.

How many additional deaths should we accept for this MPG increase?

Being called evil by Hitler is not the same as being called evil by Martin Luther King.
I think it's great that you have the carbon footprint you do while arguing those who are less fortunate shouldn't have the same carbon footprint as you. Maybe you should switch places with one of them to gain some perspective on life without fossil fuels.

I don't care about cause, you are the one who does. We can mitigate the consequences of sea level rise but poorer countries don't have that option. I'm 100% sure we can fine tune the global climate, I'm just not sure the best way to do it. I know you don't think CO2 is the cause but enough scientists do that they shouldn't be ignored.

I disagree, I believe you are the one who cares deeply about the cause. You believe that man is the cause and your solution is to limit fossil fuel use while simultaneously enjoying the fruits of fossil fuel use. If you are truly worried about the plight of poor people around the globe you'd understand their pressing need is energy and not concerns about global warming.

I disagree, I believe you are the one who cares deeply about the cause. You believe that man is the cause and your solution is to limit fossil fuel use while simultaneously enjoying the fruits of fossil fuel use. If you are truly worried about the plight of poor people around the globe you'd understand their pressing need is energy and not concerns about global warming.
I have repeatedly said I don't care if the cause is natural or man-made, you can believe me or not. What poor people need is sustainable growth, not an addiction to imported oil and gas. Like heroin, it makes for short term happiness and long term disaster.

I have repeatedly said I don't care if the cause is natural or man-made, you can believe me or not. What poor people need is sustainable growth, not an addiction to imported oil and gas. Like heroin, it makes for short term happiness and long term disaster.
It takes energy to power machinery to improve the quality of life. Why don't you know this?

Energy is available in many different forms besides fossil fuels. Why don't you know this?
I do but fossil fuels are portable and have a high energy density and don't need an electrical grid system.

So I do know this and I know that third world countries need tried and true technology with a high energy density to power a myriad of machines that run on fossil fuels such as diesel, gasoline or propane.

Kinda sounds like you do care about the cause being man made and have made up your mind about it.
Sounds like you hear what you want to hear. Lowering the CO2 in our atmosphere may lower global temperatures and slow sea level rise regardless of the cause.

Sounds like you hear what you want to hear. Lowering the CO2 in our atmosphere may lower global temperatures and slow sea level rise regardless of the cause.
If that were truly the case, the previous interglacial period wouldn't have been 2C warmer with 26 ft higher seas and 120 ppm less atmospheric CO2 than today.

Only 1/4 to 1/3 of the associated warming in the IPCC models is attributed to CO2. The other 2/3 to 3/4 are from feedbacks (water vapor, cloud formation and precipitation) that they pile on which are highly controversial. You probably don't know this because the IPCC doesn't allow dissenting opinions in their reports.

The fact that you don't know this and have such strong opinions is astonishing.

Why do you want the planet to be colder? The planet is 2C away from extensive northern hemisphere continental glaciation which would displace 250 million people and destroy everything in it's path which would be all of Canada, NE US, Midwest US, northern Europe and northern Asia. This isn't a controversial statement. It's public record. It's captured in the oxygen isotope curve and the geologic record.

Forum List

Back