BOOM: DISNEY $125 Million In Employee Bonuses, Credits Tax Cuts...

I know that I am going to get beat up for this, but...

While it is a nice thing and it makes for great headlines, does not also not seem just a little bit like a condescending pat on the head? $1000 spread out over 6 months. And not even a pay raise?

This is precisely why they did it - Headlines and PR
Nothing more, nothing less

Nice job Disney. And you too President Trump. :clap:

The Walt Disney Company announced Tuesday it will give a one time, $1,000 cash bonus to 125,000 U.S.-based employees, for a whopping total of $125 million. And according to an internal memo obtained by TheWrap, Disney CEO Bob Iger said the bonuses come “as a result of the recently enacted tax reform” passed by Republicans in December.

The one-time $1,000 cash bonus will be distributed in two payments of $500, the first in March and the second in September. All U.S.-based Disney employees, either hourly or salaried, who have been with The Walt Disney Company since Jan. 1 of this year will be eligible. In accordance with federal law, the company said it will work separately with union representatives to determine possible distribution plans for union employees...

Disney to Hand Out $125 Million in Employee Bonuses Due to Trump Tax Cuts
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®
As Pelosi says about extra money in the pockets of average Americans - meaningless.

While it is a nice thing and it makes for great headlines, does not also not seem just a little bit like a condescending pat on the head? $1000 spread out over 6 months. And not even a pay raise?

Who cares? Companies weren’t doing it during the Obama Error.

The Walt Disney Company announced Tuesday it will give a one time, $1,000 cash bonus to 125,000 U.S.-based employees, for a whopping total of $125 million. And according to an internal memo obtained by TheWrap, Disney CEO Bob Iger said the bonuses come “as a result of the recently enacted tax reform” passed by Republicans in December.

The one-time $1,000 cash bonus will be distributed in two payments of $500, the first in March and the second in September. All U.S.-based Disney employees, either hourly or salaried, who have been with The Walt Disney Company since Jan. 1 of this year will be eligible. In accordance with federal law, the company said it will work separately with union representatives to determine possible distribution plans for union employees...

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®
As Pelosi says about extra money in the pockets of average Americans - meaningless.

Not surprising, she's a Communist Globalist fanatic. She truly believes in the 'You didn't make that' philosophy. Communist Globalists believe that money solely belongs to the Government. They're very destructive folks.

Bonuses and pay raises aren't mutually exclusive and no where does it say that Disney employees are getting bonuses instead of pay raises, in addition to cash bonuses Disney also announced that it's also starting a new higher education initiative for 88,000 eligible employees with an initial investment of $50 million and $25 million annually.

... A for effort in your attempt to turn good news for workers into something negative, F for execution.:rolleyes:

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

I'll take a bump in pay. How bout you?

But they did not get a pump in pay, they got a bonus, a bonus that is taxed at 40%.

They should have done that under Obama, I wonder why they didn't do it in 2016, that would have helped the Dems in the re-election.

Bonuses and pay raises aren't mutually exclusive and no where does it say that Disney employees are getting bonuses instead of pay raises, in addition to cash bonuses Disney also announced that it's also starting a new higher education initiative for 88,000 eligible employees with an initial investment of $50 million and $25 million annually.

... A for effort in your attempt to turn good news for workers into something negative, F for execution.:rolleyes:

Nowhere does it say they are getting raises. They are getting bonuses that are taxed at 40%. So the $1000 is really $600.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

But they did not get a pump in pay, they got a bonus, a bonus that is taxed at 40%.

Oh, the horror! They got a bonus. Man, y'all Dem Hater-Bots have lost it. I'll take a bonus.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®
Boom! And just like Walmart, who announce bonuses for some while closing 62 Sam's Club stores and laying off thousands, Disney announces layoffs at parks and all their "Imagineers," at the same time. "We'll take a fraction of the salaries of those now fired employees and give them as bonuses while keeping all the new tax cuts for handful of stockholders and then add the salaries of those laid off to our profits.
Thank you Trump for lying about jobs and money for the middle class because your base only gets partial truths from their billionaire talking heads at Fox News in an effort to undermine working America.
Incredibly dishonest....or just plain moronic right wing will believe anything.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Oh, the horror! They got a bonus. Man, y'all Dem Hater-Bots have lost it. I'll take a bonus.

So now I am back to being a Dem, a few threads ago the Dems were calling me a Trump worshiper.

you zealots are the same no matter which party your are loyal to.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

So now I am back to being a Dem, a few threads ago the Dems were calling me a Trump worshiper.

So you would decline your bonus? Ok. :cuckoo:

No, I would not decline it but I would take it for what it was worth, a pat on the head.

Some people are easier to buy off than others I suppose. I guess there are benefits to having such a low price as you seem to

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Everyone in America got pay raises this month.

Thank you President Trump.

No, I would not decline it but I would take it for what it was worth, a pat on the head.

Some people are easier to buy off than others I suppose. I guess there are benefits to having such a low price as you seem to

Yeah seriously, you need to lay off hateful delusional Democrat Fake News. It's got you all twisted up. A bonus is a good thing to real people in the real world.

Interesting these arent pay raises.
This does nothing to reverse decades of stagnant wages.
Just wait, the layoffs are coming.
how prophetic. if they happen in 10 years you can say I TOLD YOU SO!!! DAMN TRUMP!

can't you just give credit where it is due or are you too bullheaded to do that?

Very difficult to get through to programmed Dem Hater-Bots. But nice try. :)

I haven't been to Disney World for about 30 years, having reached a point in my life where I no longer allow myself to be tortured; but I am wondering, will they still sell you a hot dog, bag of chips and a Coke for $13?

Forum List

Back