BOOM-flation

Things didn't get better until the mid-1990s.
nah dude....they got much better in the 80s...the largest boom in history at the time.https://www.nytimes.com/1990/01/17/opinion/the-reagan-boom-greatest-ever.html

as far as your loan interest rate...you should have shop around...or maybe you just had horrible credit...i don't know...

1983, the average was just over 13%, and dropped yearly https://www.google.com/search?q=loa...BdIgB5QuSAQQyMi4ymAEAoAEBwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz

I was still getting charged 30% interest on loans at the bank in 1983 when rebuilding a roadster. During Reagan, we also had two recessions...
Stop that shit. Most of the 1970's was malaise. Stagflation! With the then many tax brackets federal tax code pushing people into higher and higher tax brackets with no inflation adjustments while if their wages rose it did not keep up with the inflation. The Federal Reserve rose the prime rate to double digits to squeeze out bad debts. Tell them to that now. They can't!

I was still getting charged 30% interest on loans at the bank in 1983 when rebuilding a roadster. During Reagan, we also had two recessions...
Small corrections as Reagan worked to get us out of the damage that Carter had did. The recessions were small and healthy--a normal part of building an economy back up.

What we see now---is not normal---the Boom-flation is what places like Venzuela does. we are screwed and the pain is going to be awful. Our best bet, is to get Biden out of office on the ballot stuffing and get Trump back in. It's going to take something other than SWAMP politicians to get us out----

I remember the carter years with the "Misery Index". Life was tough back then. Me and my neighbor swapping license plates to get gas on even and odd days.

And that was with a president that, presumably, didn't shit his pants in public. We're gonna have a fun 3 more years.

This is on deck, BTW:

34a1fd0a9ca5ce86.png

You did not answer the first two questions for some odd reason.

In order to raise taxes Biden will need the approval of the GOP or at least the two Dem Senators that have been stopping him so far. There is no way they will vote to raise taxes in an election year and next year we all know the GOP will control the House at a minimum. There will be no tax hikes.

And your comment about the Dems being more responsible for the debt just shows your partisan bend. It was not the Dems nor Pelosi that doubled the deficit in two years under Trump.

Again, the GOP will not raise taxes next year.

I guess you better take all your money and bury it in the back yard....that will save you.
We shouldn't be raising taxes---raising taxes will kill the economy.

We should have long ago and still cut spending.
I suggest we start with illegals and foreigners---no freebies. NONE. Instead of flying around the nation and giving them cash as Biden does so they can go off and have anchor rats----we ban any and all freebies foodstamps housing everything from illegals and their families. No social security either.
Stop paying people to have kids that they can't take care of--starting with druggies.
Start seizing corrupt billionaires money stash---those paying for corrupt politicians---Soros, Gates, Zuckerberg, Rothchilds.......all need to have assets seized and used to stop the harm that they have caused.
No more money give aways to un necessary things like say PBS, colleges etc

I remember the carter years with the "Misery Index". Life was tough back then. Me and my neighbor swapping license plates to get gas on even and odd days.

And that was with a president that, presumably, didn't shit his pants in public. We're gonna have a fun 3 more years.

This is on deck, BTW:

View attachment 604866

We'll probably be wishing for the Carter years in a year or so.

We shouldn't be raising taxes---raising taxes will kill the economy.

I agree.

We should have long ago and still cut spending.

I agree. But people will not vote anyone in to office that is willing to do this.

I suggest we start with illegals and foreigners---no freebies. NONE. Instead of flying around the nation and giving them cash as Biden does so they can go off and have anchor rats----we ban any and all freebies foodstamps housing everything from illegals and their families. No social security either.

I can agree with this for those here illegally. But it is a mere drop in the bucket.

Start seizing corrupt billionaires money stash---those paying for corrupt politicians---Soros, Gates, Zuckerberg, Rothchilds.......all need to have assets seized and used to stop the harm that they have caused.

You cannot steal people's money just because you do not agree with their politics. That is a very Communist like thing to do.

No more money give aways to un necessary things like say PBS, colleges etc

I do not find college to be unnecessary.

How about this...an across the board 3% cut for all executive branch departments for 5 years straight. Let each Dept choose what to cut and what to keep. Let them make the decisions. And I mean all of them including the DOD and the DHS.

After those 5 years we can make more targeted cuts as necessary.

Forum List

Back