Boom! Where’s Your Recession Now?

Determining why deficits grew is simple math, not predicting the future....
Ummm...spend more than you make and you get a deficit? It’s not complicated
You just claimed it was like predicting the next recession...

Yes and when trump increases spending while lowering revenue growth we get REALLY big deficits. Who's have thought he'd greatly increase Obama deficits?
No. I said If they were true gurus they could predict one. They cannot. No one can. Hence all we do is give opinions. Learn to read.
I said they are giving facts and explaining how the deficits grew. You said it was BS. You seem dedicated to defending trump even though all the facts are that his policy greatly increased deficits? I can read quite well.
I am Disappointed in the deficit. I am far from defending him but I disagree that we need to cut the military budget. His policy did not greatly increase deficits. The issue is he did not address entitlements and higher interest rates resulted in higher interest expense.
Then you can choose to be wrong and ignore the facts if you want. If trump had just done nothing our deficits would be drastically lower. That is simply a fact.

Yes and if you spend like you are going to get a 10% pay increase and you only get a .5% increase you create bigger deficits. You seem to just want to deny reality. Trump inherited much smaller deficits and increased them drastically with tax cuts and increased spending lead by military spending. Keep spinning all you want, the facts remain the same. Trump policy drastically increased deficits.
Obama only started to reduce the deficit in his 2nd term. Give DJT the same chance. Plus Congress submits the budget not him. You do know that?
Obama started in a recession and chose to get us out of it with spending. Trump inherited a strong economy and chose to increase deficits. Yes congress submits budgets. You know that they are the Trump tax cuts right? You know the Trump pushed to increase spending right? Congress did what trump wanted and we now have trillion dollar deficits.
Wrong. Recession was already over when he took office as TARP was in effect. If you don’t know that then we don’t have much more to discuss. Learn your facts then ping me.
Yeah, 09' was a great year.
U.S. - GDP growth by year 1990-2018 | Statista
By 09 the recovery already began. He just lowered rates to the bottom.
Who Really Dug Us Out of the Great Recession?
Nobody knew how long the recession might last. It's easy to go back and say hey it ended here. It could have easily popped up a little just to go back down again. We had quite a mess on our hands.

Determining why deficits grew is simple math, not predicting the future....

Yes and when trump increases spending while lowering revenue growth we get REALLY big deficits. Who's have thought he'd greatly increase Obama deficits?
No. I said If they were true gurus they could predict one. They cannot. No one can. Hence all we do is give opinions. Learn to read.
I said they are giving facts and explaining how the deficits grew. You said it was BS. You seem dedicated to defending trump even though all the facts are that his policy greatly increased deficits? I can read quite well.
read this and learn something.
Your link gives the stimulus a rank of substantial...

So the Act was driven by Democratic priorities, passed in a close-to-party-line vote, and overall achieved most of what was promised. In Blinder and Zandi’s analysis—Blinder is a Democrat, Zandi a Republican and former adviser to John McCain’s campaign—the fiscal stimulus reduced the unemployment rolls by as much as 3 million and kept the economy from contracting around 2%. Overall role: Substantial.

I am Disappointed in the deficit. I am far from defending him but I disagree that we need to cut the military budget. His policy did not greatly increase deficits. The issue is he did not address entitlements and higher interest rates resulted in higher interest expense.
Then you can choose to be wrong and ignore the facts if you want. If trump had just done nothing our deficits would be drastically lower. That is simply a fact.
I disagree 100%. Plus I work in finance. What do you do? How do you know?

Obama only started to reduce the deficit in his 2nd term. Give DJT the same chance. Plus Congress submits the budget not him. You do know that?
Obama started in a recession and chose to get us out of it with spending. Trump inherited a strong economy and chose to increase deficits. Yes congress submits budgets. You know that they are the Trump tax cuts right? You know the Trump pushed to increase spending right? Congress did what trump wanted and we now have trillion dollar deficits.
Wrong. Recession was already over when he took office as TARP was in effect. If you don’t know that then we don’t have much more to discuss. Learn your facts then ping me.
Nobody knew how long the recession might last. It's easy to go back and say hey it ended here. It could have easily popped up a little just to go back down again. We had quite a mess on our hands.
But now we do know and we know that recovery was already there before BHO took office.

So the Act was driven by Democratic priorities, passed in a close-to-party-line vote, and overall achieved most of what was promised. In Blinder and Zandi’s analysis—Blinder is a Democrat, Zandi a Republican and former adviser to John McCain’s campaign—the fiscal stimulus reduced the unemployment rolls by as much as 3 million and kept the economy from contracting around 2%. Overall role: Substantial.
Yep but the article also says the recovery was in progress before he took office. Yes or no?

But now we do know and we know that recovery was already there before BHO took office.
But again, we could have gone back into recession at any time.

Yep but the article also says the recovery was in progress before he took office. Yes or no?
Again, we could have easily gone back into recession. Clearly your own article gives it a big role in the recovery.

We also could have become martians. I don’t live in hypothetical worlds. If you hate Trump so much, vote him out. You don’t know anything about finance or the economy as you still cannot comprehend that our entitlements and waste spend is the issue not the military

You are in finance and disagreeing with the numbers? It's very simple, trump hurt revenue and increased spending. Had he done nothing deficits may have actually decreased as the economy has been strong.

We also could have become martians. I don’t live in hypothetical worlds. If you hate Trump so much, vote him out. You don’t know anything about finance or the economy as you still cannot comprehend that our entitlements and waste spend is the issue not the military
So you are disagreeing with your own link now? You don't understand that without the stimulus we could have easily gone back into recession? I'm disappointed in your today.

You are in finance and disagreeing with the numbers? It's very simple, trump hurt revenue and increased spending. Had he done nothing deficits may have actually decreased as the economy has been strong.
If had not done anything then we would not have the growth in wages and higher corporate confidence and historic unemployment. You are a neophyte when it comes to finance and the economy

I think you love trump too much to think clearly. I'm not so sure you are at all an independent.

So you are disagreeing with your own link now? You don't understand that without the stimulus would could have easily gone back into recession? I'm disappointed in your today.
I never said that what I said was that Obama took over when the recovery was already happening. The Fed was printing money with or without him. They don’t report to him. I am disappointed you don’t understand finance whatsoever.

If had not done anything then we would not have the growth in wages and higher corporate confidence and historic unemployment. You are a neophyte when it comes to finance and the economy
You have no basis for that claim. The economy was trending in that direction before trump took office. But I guess you don't care much about facts today.

I think you love trump too much to think clearly. I'm not so sure you are at all an independent.
LOL
You are just too ignorant

So you are disagreeing with your own link now? You don't understand that without the stimulus would could have easily gone back into recession? I'm disappointed in your today.
I never said that what I said was that Obama took over when the recovery was already happening. The Fed was printing money with or without him. They don’t report to him. I am disappointed you don’t understand finance whatsoever.
Says the guy ignoring the simple math to calculate that trump policy increased deficits....

You have no basis for that claim. The economy was trending in that direction before trump took office. But I guess you don't care much about facts today.
Incorrect. Corporate confidence was low. Wages were stagnant. You don’t work in the business world you don’t know. If it were all that great then HRC would have won.

I don’t care what you think as you’re a biased leftist. You don’t even know that the military creates jobs.

Says the guy ignoring the simple math to calculate that trump policy increased deficits....
He inherited how much in debt and interest expense? He inherited a deficit with high entitlements. You are a biased Leftist.

Forum List

Back