Has Anyone Noticed That We Are In a RECESSION, Right Now ?

Keep digging
:dig:

You still don’t understand the definition you keep posting

A declining GDP is in Negative territory. You need two consecutive quarters of Negative GDP

Your GDP may be a lower number than the previous quarter but is still a positive increase in GDP
No. DECLINING GDP is what makes a recession, 2 consecutive quarters of it. In conformance with the word RECEDE, as noted on Post # 134.

I know what your phony joke definition is, and it doesn't conform with the word recede. It's just a way to let Obama and Biden off the hook for their recessions. Ho hum.

Last edited:
Nice diversion

But until Biden sees negative GDP like Trump saw, we are not in a recession
What do you mean "until" ?

You don't even even know the facts of the GDP history. Your
"negative GDP" (below zero GDP) was had by Biden twice >>
2022 Q1 - MINUS 2.0 and
2022 Q2 - MINUS 0.6 :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes:

Obama had 4 of these.
2009 Q1 & 2
2011 Q1
2014 Q1

Biden has had 3 actual recessions.

Last edited:
No. DECLINING GDP is what makes a recession, 2 consecutive quarters of it. In conformance with the word RECEDE, as noted on Post # 134.

I know what your phony joke definition is, and it doesn't conform with h word recede. It's just a way to let Obama and Biden off the hook for their recessions. Ho hum.

DECLINING GDP is what makes a recession,

Exactly. Smaller GDP in the next quarter compared to the current quarter.

-1.2% would be an example. So would -1.5%.

Going from +3.0% to +1.8% isn't. Neither is going from +1.8% to +1.2%. Idiot.

This is a case of YOU being DUPED by left wing media, which has been making up THEIR own definition, after the Shiskin definition has been the accepted standard for 50 years.
Notice how your oddball definition conveniently lets Obama & Biden off the hook for recessions. What a coincidence! Gee, what a surprise!

I remember when we all first started hearing this definition you're touting, a few years ago, and everybody was saying "Who ?....Hah?...... Wha?

The strange thing about liberals is that when they keep coming up with these new definitions of things (to fit with their politics), they actually expect us normal people to accept and go along with it. Very odd.

So if you change something, and keep on saying it enough times, then people will start to believe it, right liberals ? Wrong.

Convict fuckup

Do you realize that those numbers are gains
?
Be quiet dupe. What I realize is the standard definition of a recession (Shiskin), that I and thousands of other economics teachers have taught in universities all over America for 50 years. The silly Democrat replacement definition is about 5 years old, only created to cover up Obamas 7 recessions, and now Biden's three (so far) :icon_rolleyes:

It doesn't even correlate with the verb recede, from with the noun recession is derived.

2023 Q3 - 4.9
2023 Q4 - 3.4
2024 Q1 - 1.3

Last edited:
Be quiet dupe. What I realize is the standard definition of a recession (Shiskin), that I and thousands of other economics teachers have taught in universities all over America for 50 years. The silly Democrat replacement definition is about 5 years old, only created to cover up Obamas 7 recessions, and now Biden's three (so far) :icon_rolleyes:

It doesn't even correlate with the verb recede, from with the noun recession is derived.

2023 Q3 - 4.9
2023 Q4 - 3.4
2024 Q1 - 1.3

As you continue to highlight your ignorance of economics

Anything positive is a ……GAIN in GDP
Saying we did not gain as much as last month is not a
recession

Repeated negative numbers are a recession

2023 Q3 - 4.9
2023 Q4 - 3.4
2024 Q1 - 1.3

In 1974, economist Julius Shiskin came up with a few rules of thumb to define a recession: The most popular was two consecutive quarters of declining GDP. A healthy economy expands over time, so two quarters in a row of contracting output suggests there are serious underlying problems, according to Shiskin. This definition of a recession became a common standard over the years.

Moron.

You all have to know by now he is just playing you. Quit feeding the troll.

2023 Q3 - 4.9
2023 Q4 - 3.4
2024 Q1 - 1.3
Just stop being an idiot.

As you continue to highlight your ignorance of economics

Anything positive is a ……GAIN in GDP
Saying we did not gain as much as last month is not a
recession

Repeated negative numbers are a recession
But I didnt say that. I said that the gains have twice in succession, been smaller than theIr previous gains. That's a recession.

Back to 10th grade economics for you. Ho hum/

But I didnt say that. I said that the gains have twice in succession, been smaller than theIr previous gains. That's a recession.

Back to 10th grade economics for you. Ho hum/

Once again showing your ignorance

:banghead:

Less gain is not a loss

Forum List

Back