Boston Marathon Bombing

CaféAuLait;7186883 said:
CaféAuLait;7186875 said:
According to the affidavit they found the backpack with the spent fireworks and the Vaseline in separate areas.

two very different kind of bombs

Hummmm, really?

yes unless they used the firework powder

to make a crude blasting cap

but it seems that the blasts that day

had been more of a fireworks powder charge

the one that uses Vaseline would have had a much sharper blast to it

CaféAuLait;7186883 said:
two very different kind of bombs

Hummmm, really?

Ahhhh, very informative. Had you read about police searching the areas around the older brother apartment since there were reports of explosives going off in the weeks before? Apparently several people had called 9-11 to report the explosions and now the cops are trying to see if it was related.

CaféAuLait;7186929 said:
CaféAuLait;7186883 said:
Hummmm, really?

Ahhhh, very informative. Had you read about police searching the areas around the older brother apartment since there were reports of explosives going off in the weeks before? Apparently several people had called 9-11 to report the explosions and now the cops are trying to see if it was related.

as a guess i would say that it probably was related

CaféAuLait;7186640 said:
Those "kids" were just misguided as were the three kids who came in and cleaned up right down to the vasaline for them afterwards. Not to mention the innocent wife who probably thought it was just a science project that the "kids' were working on in the apartment.

I'm lost to why these "kids" even thought Vaseline would need to be thrown away. They must have been given instructions IMO. I know nothing about bombs and would expect if one believes their story they would no nothing either, so why grab Vaseline? Makes no sense UNLESS they knew.

BTW I still have no clue what Vaseline would have been for in making the bombs.
They use vasaline around the exposed wiring to inhibit any spark that might be created while they were constructing a WMD.
Something the Weatherman were too stupid to know and blew themselves up.
it also makes a good binder so that the powder stays together and can be molded.
my guess to why they tossed the Vaseline is fingerprints on the jar or dna in the goop.

"In December 2008, dozens of nations in Oslo signed a treaty banning cluster bombs. Non-signers included some of the world's biggest military powers, among them the United States, Russian and China. Many of the signatories expressed concern that the treaty fails to bind the countries most prone to military conflict."

Like the greatest purveyor of violence on the planet?

Cluster Munitions News - The New York Times

Funeral home owner: Alleged bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev's death certificate says he died of gunshot wounds and blunt trauma. So his little brother may have killed him when he ran him over...

CaféAuLait;7187499 said:
Funeral home owner: Alleged bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev's death certificate says he died of gunshot wounds and blunt trauma. So his little brother may have killed him when he ran him over...

Good.

CaféAuLait;7187499 said:
may have?

CaféAuLait;7186929 said:

as a guess i would say that it probably was related

They may have been testing the bombs. Which is why theirs went off --- but Harris and Klebold, the Columbine killers, had three large 40-pound propane tank bombs which would have collapsed the school, experts have opined, if they had gone off, and they positioned them all quite carefully in the cafeteria at maximum attendence time. (No one noticed any of them, hidden in duffle bags.)

But they didn't test any of their big bombs and none of them went off. Some of their small carbon dioxide bombs went off and kept SWAT units from entering the school for a long time, but no one was directly killed with the little bombs.

CaféAuLait;7186640 said:
I'm lost to why these "kids" even thought Vaseline would need to be thrown away. They must have been given instructions IMO. I know nothing about bombs and would expect if one believes their story they would no nothing either, so why grab Vaseline? Makes no sense UNLESS they knew.

VERY good point. Wow. I bet you are right: they knew more than they are telling. We know the younger one told his friends that he knew how to make a bomb -----

I bet he told them some details, and that is why they knew to take the Vaseline.

CaféAuLait;7186640 said:

VERY good point. Wow. I bet you are right: they knew more than they are telling. We know the younger one told his friends that he knew how to make a bomb -----

I bet he told them some details, and that is why they knew to take the Vaseline.

yes

the other piece to the puzzle

is that the vaseline type bomb

was not one of the recipes associated with inspire magazine

in other words the bombers

gained this skill somewhere else

I think they are all part of a small rogue cell. The wife of the one killed knew they were building bombs in her house...the dorm friends knew bombs were being made and why and where....the mother was probably the go between of her sons and whomever was her contact in Russia/Chechen...and the father is just flat clueless. So...adding the 3 arrested, the wife, the two assholes and the mother...that is 7 people so far. How many are aware and carrying on with their own plans? And what is going to be done about Wifey? Does she get to keep collecting food stamps and welfare? How about Mom? Her too?

I think they are all part of a small rogue cell. The wife of the one killed knew they were building bombs in her house...the dorm friends knew bombs were being made and why and where....the mother was probably the go between of her sons and whomever was her contact in Russia/Chechen...and the father is just flat clueless. So...adding the 3 arrested, the wife, the two assholes and the mother...that is 7 people so far. How many are aware and carrying on with their own plans? And what is going to be done about Wifey? Does she get to keep collecting food stamps and welfare? How about Mom? Her too?

that does seem to be the case

do you happen to know how many are here

under visas and such

Vaseline is used when making several types of bombs...

One of which would be mixing with Potassium Chlorate.

These guys also had some pipe bombs. The purpose of Vaseline in a pipe bomb is to prevent premature detonation. When screwing an end on a pipe bomb it’s possible the thing could explode in your face. The friction created by screwing the cap on the pipe causes sparks from residual gunpowder. Putting Vaseline on the threads prevent the friction and sparking from occurring.

His buddies knew they were using it to make bombs. They were either watching them make them or helping them make them.

Last edited:
Wow 130 pages and this thread has still not produced any original information. Seems someone said it wouldn't. Oh wait that was me!

Forum List

Back