Bought a super sweet 74 F100 yesterday...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
I tried really hard not to.

It was on Craigslist for 18 days and I kept an eye on it for about 15 of them. It was listed for $2000...runs drives and stops with Missouri title.

I suspected someone would snap it up pretty quickly...these trucks are getting rare even in these parts.

On day 18 I sent a text message...figured it was gone and the seller hadn't taken down the posting.

Nope...he still had it. It ran...it moved and it stopped...and it had a clean title...BUT...a freeze plug was leaking...the column shift is broken and it shifts through a slit cut in the floorboards.

I told him I didn't want to offend him with an offer...what did he have to have for it. He wanted to hear it anyway, so I told him I was at $900. He said he needed $1200.

$1200 delivered?

Okay.

I would have gone a little higher and I suspect he would have gone a little lower...but I think we both ended up happy. When he dropped it off I offered him a $40 delivery fee...he took $20 and gave me back $20.

And here it is.

IMG_20220130_122330536_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20220130_122515776_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220130_122403451_HDR.jpg

1974 Ford F100 Explorer 302 three speed auto-shift.

Mrs. MO appropriated the 82 Scottsdale 30 minutes after I finished the rewiring.

But that's okay now...I'd rather have a Ford...going to miss the four wheel drive though.

At least new tires won't cost you $150.00+ each.
Had to look... Goodyear Wranglers are $98 installed...but Walmart won't install these on my F150...the vin lists it as a heavy half.

Got to pull the wheels off and have them put the new tires on the rims...then take them home and put them back on the truck.

Walmart says it's a liability risk to install them on the truck.

I'm not getting rid of the Blue Beast anytime soon. The Misses is always bugging me to repaint it, but I love it just the way it is...

View attachment 595039
Trucks are meant to do work. They should look like that what they do. I get some Snickers from people when I put my ranger with 300 horse outboard in the water. Lol Expensive boat ugly truck. Lol. Just can't see myself packing the bed of a beautiful truck with dead dear or trash I pull out of a rental. My truck is beat up and will continue to be. When I get back up to the lake I will post a picture of the big red ugly.

Forum List

Back