Bernie Sanders: “Billionaires should not exist.”

/——/ Being a scientist isn’t a spectator sport people pay to watch.
Sure, but these people are curing plagues and disease or solving our biggest energy problems. We owe them everything.

The percent of players who make it to the NBA and earn $$$$$ is minuscule compared to the average player.
I was talking sports overall in general. I was just commenting on our priorities. For instance, a scientist who finds a cure for polio, etc., probably works at some lab or university, and any inventions or discoveries they make go to the university while they just collect a salary.

I think it stinks.

Bernie Sanders: “Billionaires should not exist.”

Me: “Please name a country that doesn’t allow people to become billionaires, but still has a first world standard of living.”

Well then Bernie, neither should millionaires who claim to be a communist. I'm sure you will be the first to step to the wall for the firing squad, moron.

The US has spent around 20 trillion dollars on "the war on poverty" why do we still have poor people ? It's not because of the billionaires.

Same with "The War On Drugs." Reminds me of this quote written years ago:

545 People

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.
Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?
Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?
You and I don’t propose a federal budget. The President does.
You and I don’t have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.
You and I don’t write the tax code, Congress does.
You and I don’t set fiscal policy, Congress does.
You and I don’t control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.
One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 330 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.
Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.
What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.
The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. The House of Representatives, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.
It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 330 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted — by present facts — of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can’t think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.
If the tax code is unfair, it’s because they want it unfair.
If the budget is in the red, it’s because they want it in the red.
If the Army and Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan, it’s because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan.
If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it’s because they want it that way.
There are no insoluble government problems.
Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like “the economy,” “inflation,” or “other politics” that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.
Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible. They, and they alone, stand convicted.

If Sanders should be successful taking away the wealth of the billionaires, he will take away a lot of resources, options, choices, opportunity for others to become billionaires and consign a lot more people to real poverty.

The really sad thing is that, besides the fact that without the vast wealth of these billionaires to invest in business and industry, untold vast numbers of JOBS would disappear as well as untold amounts of economic development, inventions, discoveries and the like.

Further, there are so few billionaires compared to the rest of us that we can tax them until the cows come home and it would still only be a drop in the bucket compared to the money this government takes in and spends. It is just another con designed to misdirect voters--- worse, even if the government took in billions more in taxes, it would not solve anything, look at Ukraine and other things--- the Fed would just squander and waste it, they actually spend very little of the money they take in on actually solving our problems, improving infrastructure and aiding the human condition.

The really sad thing is that, besides the fact that without the vast wealth of these billionaires to invest in business and industry, untold vast numbers of JOBS would disappear as well as untold amounts of economic development, inventions, discoveries and the like.

Further, there are so few billionaires compared to the rest of us that we can tax them until the cows come home and it would still only be a drop in the bucket compared to the money this government takes in and spends. It is just another con designed to misdirect voters--- worse, even if the government took in billions more in taxes, it would not solve anything, look at Ukraine and other things--- the Fed would just squander and waste it, they actually spend very little of the money they take in on actually solving our problems, improving infrastructure and aiding the human condition.
Amazon alone employs about 1.5 million people.

Millions of dads pass forward their wealth to their family. And this keeps workers working who also pay taxes. Taxes is the only thing Democrats crave more than they crave Biden.
Trump policies/economic reforms make it much more possible to keep family businesses in the family as the older folks pass on or step down just as it's much easier now to inherit or sell property or give gifts without triggering excessive tax burdens. Every citizen earning good wages or profiting from a business has more expendable income to use, to save, to invest or whatever they choose to do. And that has waves of benefits for everybody. It also didn't cost the taxpayers a dime as unprecedented revenues poured into the national treasury.

All that expires at the end of next year if those policies are not made into lasting law. Biden has sworn to end those policies. Trump is sworn to do what he can to encourage Congress to renew them and make them permanent for now.

Trump policies/economic reforms make it much more possible to keep family businesses in the family as the older folks pass on or step down just as it's much easier now to inherit or sell property or give gifts without triggering excessive tax burdens. Every citizen earning good wages or profiting from a business has more expendable income to use, to save, to invest or whatever they choose to do. And that has waves of benefits for everybody. It also didn't cost the taxpayers a dime as unprecedented revenues poured into the national treasury.

All that expires at the end of next year if those policies are not made into lasting law. Biden has sworn to end those policies. Trump is sworn to do what he can to encourage Congress to renew them and make them permanent for now.
Let's bump this forward so more readers can digest what you told them.

According to all the politicians I've heard, they need a lot more power.

Bernie Sanders is such a hypocrite.....it's so disgusting to hear him!

He got rich in politics and he dares to talk like that???

Another POS!

Sure, but these people are curing plagues and disease or solving our biggest energy problems. We owe them everything.

I was talking sports overall in general. I was just commenting on our priorities. For instance, a scientist who finds a cure for polio, etc., probably works at some lab or university, and any inventions or discoveries they make go to the university while they just collect a salary.

I think it stinks.
Scrooges Stymied by STEMmers

Employee-scientists should go on strike until they get 50% of the value of corporate patents. Soon they would be the only investors, driving out the dumb gambling parasites, and the only billionaires.

This is what Ayn Rand pretended was happening in Atlas Shrugged. That was a typical bait-and-switch rhetorical tactic; she was really for the corporate owners and their even more parasitic heirs.

Same with "The War On Drugs." Reminds me of this quote written years ago:

545 People

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.
Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?
Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?
You and I don’t propose a federal budget. The President does.
You and I don’t have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.
You and I don’t write the tax code, Congress does.
You and I don’t set fiscal policy, Congress does.
You and I don’t control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.
One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 330 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.
Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.
What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.
The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. The House of Representatives, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.
It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 330 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted — by present facts — of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can’t think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.
If the tax code is unfair, it’s because they want it unfair.
If the budget is in the red, it’s because they want it in the red.
If the Army and Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan, it’s because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan.
If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it’s because they want it that way.
There are no insoluble government problems.
Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like “the economy,” “inflation,” or “other politics” that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.
Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible. They, and they alone, stand convicted.
Referendums Replacing Representation

If you are proposing that we replace those 545 oligarchs with "wise stewards," you are stewed and we, the people, are screwed.

Who determines what someone’s share of the “American pie” is? Government or individual ambition?
Is this vague concept of “American pie” really just money?
Yes, it's what money can buy. Trump's popularity is due to the working class being cheated out of a lifestyle that they should be able to expect

What do you think are some of the main reasons.

1. Income inequality unequalled in any other country.

2. Wars that require hundreds of billions to arm other countries as proxies..

3. Can you think of some others?

Forum List

Back