Boy Scout defectors announce plans for new group

Jun 21, 2013
North Carolina
Boy Scout defectors announce plans for a new scouting program | The Daily Caller

Happy for them...political correctness finally destroyed the Boy Scouts so they have no other choice. I don't know which one if any my son will join when he turns 5 in January...I am no christian and my kids are raise to be free thinkers and I have nothing wrong with homosexuals marrying etc but when it comes to a private group they should be allowed to do as they please not be pressured from PC idiots to accept people they don't want in their group.

Boy Scout defectors announce plans for a new scouting program | The Daily Caller

Happy for them...political correctness finally destroyed the Boy Scouts so they have no other choice. I don't know which one if any my son will join when he turns 5 in January...I am no christian and my kids are raise to be free thinkers and I have nothing wrong with homosexuals marrying etc but when it comes to a private group they should be allowed to do as they please not be pressured from PC idiots to accept people they don't want in their group.

You DO know the same policy that kept gays out also kept atheists out, right?

:clap2:

• Banned

Yep. I realize its a christian group which is why I am in no hurry to sign my son up...but its a private group it should have been allowed to do as it wants.
They did "as they pleased".

No they caved to political pressure.

I hope the LDS church pulls out and starts their own program, "Duty to God."

the Lesbian Gay Community won't be satisfied with simple membership. They want the leadership positions so they can push unisex like they are in California.

So? It was still their choice to "cave". It's not like they just tossed their hands up one day and said "fine! We'll do it your way". They, as a group, held a conference and made the decision.

No one forced them to do anything.

Why whine about the choices a private organization choose to make?

So? It was still their choice to "cave". It's not like they just tossed their hands up one day and said "fine! We'll do it your way". They, as a group, held a conference and made the decision.

I have to disagree. I think the pressure from outside donations/agencies was immense.

This gay civil rights movement is going to put Christians in gas chambers some day if it is allowed to continue. Where they burn bibles they'll eventually burn bodies.

I hope the LDS church pulls out and starts their own program, "Duty to God."

the Lesbian Gay Community won't be satisfied with simple membership. They want the leadership positions so they can push unisex like they are in California.

It's guaranteed that the BSA will be pushed to accept gay leadership and the LDS will cut and run. Too bad. The leftist organization for young male character development....what's the name of it again?

I sent my Eagle medal back the day they destroyed themselves. Very sad.

Odd, when I was in scouts there were Jews and Muslims involved as well. Since when has it been solely a Christian group?

I have to disagree. I think the pressure from outside donations/agencies was immense.
And there was no pressure to keep gay children out? o_O

This wasn't an easy decision, nor a spur of the moment decision. Not everyone in the organization wanted the change, from what I remember reading it was a nearly 50/50 for and against. In the end they decided that gay boys can be scouts, but can't grow up and become troop leaders.

It was their choice. Saying "they were pressured" is a cop out.

It was their decision to make. They could have stood their ground.

A.k.a. "the Invisible Hand".

We should start a pool for what date it will be revealed one of the new group's leaders is arrested for molesting young boys.

No they were pressured.

Too many places and organizations started refusing to support the Scouts with places to meet and finances.

City and county leaderships were even refusing to allow Scouts to march in parades or use public areas to camp in.

Yep. I realize its a christian group which is why I am in no hurry to sign my son up...but its a private group it should have been allowed to do as it wants.
They did "as they pleased".

No they caved to political pressure.

Actually, they do not claim to be a "Christian group" just a religious group. You just had to believe in "a" god....in theory at least.

Forum List

Back