Boy Scout defectors announce plans for new group

Boy Scout defectors announce plans for a new scouting program | The Daily Caller

Happy for them...political correctness finally destroyed the Boy Scouts so they have no other choice. I don't know which one if any my son will join when he turns 5 in January...I am no christian and my kids are raise to be free thinkers and I have nothing wrong with homosexuals marrying etc but when it comes to a private group they should be allowed to do as they please not be pressured from PC idiots to accept people they don't want in their group.

So would you be okay if the local Council decides to allow gay members and leaders? What about the sponsors of a local troop? Should they make the call or should it be up to the National Council?

They were pressured to confront reality. I was a scout in the early 60's ... back when shooting rifles was a learned skill. Frankly, a lot of what we learned was taught as a prelude to the Greater S.E. Asia Wargames training. But, there also was an acceptance of everyone. Back then nobody was "out," but you didn't get kicked out for being light in the loafers ... so long as you still liked 9 mile hikes in 2.5 hours and sweating. The Christian right didn't emerge until the 80s, and it exerted its will on Scouting. I only have a girl child, but the scout group at my church never followed an edict to not let gays in. Of course, the Christian right considers my denomination to be the hand of Satan.

One must believe in a higher power to be a Boy Scout or a Cub Scout. All religions are welcome.

Boy Scout defectors announce plans for a new scouting program | The Daily Caller

Happy for them...political correctness finally destroyed the Boy Scouts so they have no other choice. I don't know which one if any my son will join when he turns 5 in January...I am no christian and my kids are raise to be free thinkers and I have nothing wrong with homosexuals marrying etc but when it comes to a private group they should be allowed to do as they please not be pressured from PC idiots to accept people they don't want in their group.

We should start a pool for what date it will be revealed one of the new group's leaders is arrested for molesting young boys.
1 leader molesting a boy vs the regular boy scouts with constant man/boy sex,anal sex merit badges etc....hm yeah.

So would you be okay if the local Council decides to allow gay members and leaders? What about the sponsors of a local troop? Should they make the call or should it be up to the National Council?
Yes. Sponsors should be allowed to make that decision...I prefer my son to NOT be around gay leaders...at his age I highly doubt 5 and 6 year old's know if they are gay...so..really no point in making that a point.

We should start a pool for what date it will be revealed one of the new group's leaders is arrested for molesting young boys.

Still pretending those Catholic Priests who molested altar boys weren't homosexual?

They were pressured to confront reality. I was a scout in the early 60's ... back when shooting rifles was a learned skill. Frankly, a lot of what we learned was taught as a prelude to the Greater S.E. Asia Wargames training. But, there also was an acceptance of everyone. Back then nobody was "out," but you didn't get kicked out for being light in the loafers ... so long as you still liked 9 mile hikes in 2.5 hours and sweating. The Christian right didn't emerge until the 80s, and it exerted its will on Scouting. I only have a girl child, but the scout group at my church never followed an edict to not let gays in. Of course, the Christian right considers my denomination to be the hand of Satan.

Well we were still learning to shoot in the 70's.

Forum List

Back