Boycott Costs Aram Muslims Jobs

Boston1

Gold Member
Dec 26, 2015
Colorado
Palestinians lose SodaStream jobs after Israel boycott

Hundreds of Palestinian workers are now unemployed after the factory where they worked in a West Bank settlement was targeted by an international boycott movement and forced to move to Israel, the company's chief executive said Monday.

Daniel Birnbaum, CEO of SodaStream International Ltd., said the last 74 Palestinian workers left Monday after being denied permits to work inside Israel at the new factory.

"We gave them an opportunity to work," he told Israel's Channel 2 TV, calling Palestinians the main victims of the boycott movement. But he also criticized the Israeli government for not granting them work permits.

In all, about 500 Palestinians lost their jobs after the factory moved last year amid a low-profile boycott campaign known as BDS — an acronym for boycott, divestment and sanctions.

End Quote

Palestinians lose SodaStream jobs after Israel boycott

Hundreds of Palestinian workers are now unemployed after the factory where they worked in a West Bank settlement was targeted by an international boycott movement and forced to move to Israel, the company's chief executive said Monday.

Daniel Birnbaum, CEO of SodaStream International Ltd., said the last 74 Palestinian workers left Monday after being denied permits to work inside Israel at the new factory.

"We gave them an opportunity to work," he told Israel's Channel 2 TV, calling Palestinians the main victims of the boycott movement. But he also criticized the Israeli government for not granting them work permits.

In all, about 500 Palestinians lost their jobs after the factory moved last year amid a low-profile boycott campaign known as BDS — an acronym for boycott, divestment and sanctions.

End Quote

How ironic.

The scope of the BDS is, at best, confusing...

For me, the BDS policy of boycotting Israeli companies in occupied territory is ok... Extending the boycott into Israel itself is, well, should be, a matter of personal choice...

Interesting that SodaStream wanted to keep ALL of their employees and take them to the new factory but Israel wouldn't give permits...

Yeah, good old Israel... Take an opportunity to 'blame' BDS for job losses when, in fact, it's Israel creating those job losses...

Even the CEO of SodaStream criticizes Israel for not issuing permits!

For me, the BDS policy of boycotting Israeli companies in occupied territory is ok... Extending the boycott into Israel itself is, well, should be, a matter of personal choice...

Interesting that SodaStream wanted to keep ALL of their employees and take them to the new factory but Israel wouldn't give permits...

Yeah, good old Israel... Take an opportunity to 'blame' BDS for job losses when, in fact, it's Israel creating those job losses...

Oh Flag Boy you are a hoot.

Israel.gif

So Soda Stream gets pressured by some idiots to move its factory, at what cost ? And you blame the Israeli's for maintaining security measures and not allowing potential hostiles into Israel proper. Brilliant.

Sorry but the Arab Muslims just shot themselves in the foot again. They forced 500 jobs to move somewhere they don't have access to and now want to blame someone else.

I love it.

Classic Arab Muslim mentality. We live in poverty and squaller, and its everybody elses fault.

Soda Stream is just the first. The companies aren't going to move out of the ONLY stable country in the middle east. They're simply going to ditch their Arab Muslim employees and keep right on going.

Epic fail

So Soda Stream gets pressured by some idiots to move its factory, at what cost ? And you blame the Israeli's for maintaining security measures and not allowing potential hostiles into Israel proper. Brilliant.

Sorry but the Arab Muslims just shot themselves in the foot again. They forced 500 jobs to move somewhere they don't have access to and now want to blame someone else.

I love it.

Classic Arab Muslim mentality. We live in poverty and squaller, and its everybody elses fault.

Soda Stream is just the first. The companies aren't going to move out of the ONLY stable country in the middle east. They're simply going to ditch their Arab Muslim employees and keep right on going.

Epic fail
Palestine-flag.jpg

Ah it's the flag troll trying to spin this with the usual zionut BS of "security"...

Any evidence that the employees of SodaStream are "potential hostiles"? Nah didn't think so numbnuts!

The employees don't have access to Israel because? Israel refuses permits! Wow, there's a surprise...

The West Bank is NOT the ONLY stable country in the ME... It doesn't even belong to Israel!

That, for me is what BDS is about... Putting pressure on Israel to leave the occupied territories!

I hope that SodaStream IS only the first... Let's put these Israeli companies in Israel where they belong and NOT in the occupied territories!
Palestine-flag.jpg

Israel.gif

Well you certainly are confused. Israel is under the Geneva Conventions the controlling power. As such it is responsible for maintaining the peace, which is has done very effectively.

Had you done any research you'd find that Arab Muslims are safer in Israel ( including the disputed territories ) than anywhere else in the middle east. Or at least as safe.

The IBS movement ( pun intended ) is a dismal failure. It just cost 500 Arab Muslim jobs and its thus far THE ONLY company to waste its time acquiescing to the IBS filth.

A little bird tells me that the majority of Arabs in the disputed territories wouldn't even participate themselves ;--) My bet is they are buying Israeli goods as fast as possible.

Last article I read on the subject stated that the Arab Muslims just love Israeli products because the quality is so much better.

Palestinians love to buy Israeli products

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwiW_IyT2J_LAhXDyIMKHT_9DRwQFggcMAA&url=http://www.pacbi.com/cms/documents.php?pid=4&id=199&usg=AFQjCNELEk6fEfuJIOig1qgHbGrRR1mpqg&sig2=KWI5ruPYaASWgjUygxt5SQ&bvm=bv.115339255,d.amc

The simple reality is that Israel owns the disputed territories and there are already two states. Jordan and Israel in the mandated area.

Not one more inch do the Arabs get is the unspoken policy. Get used to it.

The IBS campaign is not only doomed to failure but its already costing Arab Muslims jobs.

Israel.gif

What the BDS movement has done to harm Palestinians is sad. But then, who were the people who started the BDS movement? It's called Palestinian mentality.

I love it.

Epic fail
View attachment 65399

Ah it's the flag troll trying to spin this with the usual zionut BS of "security"...

Any evidence that the employees of SodaStream are "potential hostiles"? Nah didn't think so numbnuts!

The employees don't have access to Israel because? Israel refuses permits! Wow, there's a surprise...

The West Bank is NOT the ONLY stable country in the ME... It doesn't even belong to Israel!

That, for me is what BDS is about... Putting pressure on Israel to leave the occupied territories!

I hope that SodaStream IS only the first... Let's put these Israeli companies in Israel where they belong and NOT in the occupied territories!
View attachment 65399

Humanity, are you prepared to tell all those Palestinian families that their breadwinners have to be unemployed because of your principles?

And those with intelligence understand that the Israeli government is looking after the safety of its own first. Because of past incidents Palestinians are not welcome or trusted. But they would still have their well paid jobs if the BDS morons had not shut them down. They even admit themselves that they are out to demonise Israel and the Jews and not to give the palestinans a better life.

I love it.

Epic fail
View attachment 65399

View attachment 65399

They fit the profile so the risks are elevated, they are male, aged between 17 and 35 and are arab muslims. Just as young men aged between 17 and 35, who drive high powered cars face higher insurance costs.

There are no laws that say Israel MUST issue them with permits, and because of profiling they are refused. Just look at the highest numbers of terrorists attacking Israel and you see the arab muslim aged between 17 and 35 is right up there.

Name another one that is as stable as Israel

Read the treaty of Sevres and see just who was granted the land, it wasn't arab muslims.

Wont work and the Palestinians will just get less and less of nothing

Yes lets and put a big wall round them so the arab muslim cant get in.

I love it.

Epic fail
View attachment 65399

View attachment 65399

Humanity, are you prepared to tell all those Palestinian families that their breadwinners have to be unemployed because of your principles?

Exactly, his vaunted principals just placed 500 pali families on UNWRA welfare where they will be indoctrinated into the terrorist educational system.

Which might just be one of his goals, to force as many pali's into abject poverty as possible so as to then parade them in front of the cameras and cry foul.

The loss of these 500 jobs will be sorely felt for a long time to come.

looks like the Arab Muslims missed the whole concept of boycotts working two ways.

About 90% of Arab Muslim's products stay in Israel and are purchased by the Judaic people.

While the Arab Muslims require the world to buy into their nonsense the Israeli's only have to simply require that Arab Muslim products be labeled as having come from the occupied Israeli territories.

And let the Judiac people decide if they want to help support Arab Muslims financially

Israeli's ban goods of five Arab Muslim firms from West Bank

Forum List

Back