Boycott Israel

Britain on Monday urged the UN Human Rights Council to reform its treatment of Israel, joining the United States in demanding an end to what has been been described as the bodyā€™s bias against the Jewish state.

Addressing the opening of the 38th council session, British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson criticized the councilā€™s controversial Agenda Item 7, a permanent fixture on the schedule exclusively devoted to discussing rights abuses in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Israel is the only country with a dedicated council item. Item 7 on ā€œIsrael and the Occupied Palestinian Territoriesā€ has been part of the councilā€™s regular business 2007, almost as long as it has existed. The council was established in 2006.

(full article online)

Britain condemns ā€˜anti-Israel biasā€™ at UN Human Rights Council

Criminal complaints are now being filed by students following the belligerent disruption of a May 17, 2018 Students Supporting Israel [SSI] event at University of California Los Angeles. At least a half-dozen students announced they would visit the UCLA police department to file formal complaints reporting criminal disruption of a meeting, as well as disturbing the peace and conspiracy.

The move follows media disclosures that the UCLA was reneging on the public pledge by two chancellors in the Daily Bruin ā€”bolstered by a statement for the record by a university spokesman ā€” to refer the belligerent May 17 incident to prosecutors.

The disruption and nose-to-nose intimidation of the students attending the May 17 SSI event at UCLA was documented in a video, beginning at minute 41. Disruptors suddenly and loudly stormed into the room mid-session. One person tore down a flag, demonstratively pulled away a desk placard, and cursed threateningly close to the face of a panelist. With bullhorns, whistles, staged dancing, and slogan shouting, the event was shut down.

The Louis Brandeis D. Center, led by attorney Alyza Lewin, along with Director of Legal Initiatives Aviva Vogelstein and three law students in the UCLA Brandeis chapter, dispatched a letter to the university asserting that the disruption crossed the line into misdemeanor violations of the California criminal code. They cited Title 11, section 403 (which covers deliberate disruption of a public meeting ā€”successfully used to convict the so-called Irvine 11), section 415 (which covers malicious disturbance of the peace), andsection 182 (which forbids any conspiracy to violate the other sections).

(Full article online)

UCLA students file criminal complaints against anti-Israel disruptors

RE: Boycott Israel
ā€»ā†’ Sixties Fan, Shusha, et al,

Of late Sixties Fan, and Shusha, have made some serious and relevant contributions to the forum. I think more than I've been able to appreciatively acknowledge.

Britain on Monday urged the UN Human Rights Council to reform its treatment of Israel, joining the United States in demanding an end to what has been been described as the bodyā€™s bias against the Jewish state.

Addressing the opening of the 38th council session, British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson criticized the councilā€™s controversial Agenda Item 7, a permanent fixture on the schedule exclusively devoted to discussing rights abuses in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Israel is the only country with a dedicated council item. Item 7 on ā€œIsrael and the Occupied Palestinian Territoriesā€ has been part of the councilā€™s regular business 2007, almost as long as it has existed. The council was established in 2006.

(full article online)

(COMMENT)

For quite some time, I have been wondering where in the hell the UK stands on these issues. To be honest, I still don't know. But, I think that if it were not for Israel, the UN Human Rights Council would not have a job. British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson seems to talk in two directions at once.

But in the end, I don't think that the UN Human Rights Council will make any contributions towards peace in the debate over the two parties in question.
Most Respectfully,
R

RE: Boycott Israel
ā€»ā†’ Sixties Fan, Shusha, et al,

Of late Sixties Fan, and Shusha, have made some serious and relevant contributions to the forum. I think more than I've been able to appreciatively acknowledge.

(full article online)

(COMMENT)

For quite some time, I have been wondering where in the hell the UK stands on these issues. To be honest, I still don't know. But, I think that if it were not for Israel, the UN Human Rights Council would not have a job. British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson seems to talk in two directions at once.

But in the end, I don't think that the UN Human Rights Council will make any contributions towards peace in the debate over the two parties in question.
Most Respectfully,
R
Actually the UK, or at least the governmental part of it, seems to be against Israel.
Prince Williams may the the first Royal to visit Israel in an official capacity, but seems to have been taught that the Western Wall and many other parts of Israel are "Occupied Palestinian Territories".

How long does it take to educate any and all of them in the UK and the UNHR, and the UN, and UNWRA, etc?

It all stems from religious learnings, from Christian and Muslims sources (as I have said before).

Oh, if it were possible to make them the minority, or make the ones in power the ones who do the right thing and stop all the words and actions against Jews and Israel.

Because it is not against Israel. It is against Jews.

As it has always been.

(full article online)

Small, baby steps in the right direction towards a more balanced dialogue. It seems to me that this is less a response to Israel, or even a reversal of anti-Israel systemic beliefs, as it is backlash against the increasingly extremest views coming out of Gaza and the PA, and possibly the rise of a toxic anti-semitism in European countries which arises directly from these extremist views. The international community is losing patience with the extended, decades-old, refusal to play from the Arab Palestinians.

BREAKING: US is withdrawing from the UN Human Rights Council over "chronic bias against Israel."

From 2006 to 2016, the Human Rights Council issued more condemnations of Israel than the rest of the world combined.

Thank you to the US for fighting anti-Israel hate at the UN.

REUTERS.COM

U.S. quits U.N. human rights body, citing bias vs Israel, alarming...
The United States withdrew from a "hypocritical and self-serving" United Nations Human Rights Council on Tuesday over what it called chronic bias against Israel, a move activists warned would make advancing human rights globally even more difficult.

BDS-Israel.jpg

:113::113::113::113::113::113:

Minister Gilad Erdan detailed on Tuesday night links between organizations involved in the global boycott movement against Israel and Palestinian terrorist groups, alleging that the PFLP, Hamas and the Palestinian Authority all have connections with radical, anti-Israel organizations.

ā€œThe perpetrators of this hate-filled campaign, who derive their ideology from the PA and Hamas, are united in their goal of attacking Israel, and are leaving no stone unturned in their efforts,ā€ said the minister at this yearā€™s Global Coalition 4 Israel Forum (GC4I), which began on Tuesday night.

ā€œUnder the guise of ā€˜civil activities,ā€™ a coordinated and financed network of organizations is led from Ramallah and Gaza, a quarter of which have links to terrorist organizations, including Hamas and the PFLP.ā€

(full article online)

Israel creates Hate Net map of BDS groups, linking activists to terrorist

ā€œFree, free Palestineā€ is a meaningless slogan since Palestinians have rejected a two-state solution numerous times, but at least itā€™s a platitude made up of words whereas when you use whistles, youā€™re not even shutting down othersā€™ speech with your own speech, youā€™re shutting down othersā€™ speech with senseless noise and proving that you have absolutely nothing, not even a infantile chant, with which you can replace it.

The protesters demand justiceā€¦but from whom? Twenty-year-old Californian students donā€™t exactly have it in their power to give your Palestinian people ā€” whose hardships youā€™ve ironically probably never experienced if youā€™re at UCLA ā€” 80, 90, or 100% of Israel.

Those who disrupt events donā€™t seem to care about conversations that might lead to their stated objectives, as wishy-washy as those are, or even a compromise. They want power. Submission. Dominance.

The Louis D. Brandeis Center, which fights anti-Semitism on college campuses, sent a letter to UCLA alleging that the disruption violated three parts of the California criminal code for ā€œdeliberate disruption,ā€ ā€œmalicious disturbance of the peace,ā€ and ā€œconspiracy to violateā€ the other two.

But UCLA didnā€™t file a criminal complaint against the individuals who disrupted the event, so now at least six students ARE filing them. A prosecutor will address the case in July and hopefully this event will teach left-wing students that free speech does not include the right to shut other speech down.

(full article online)

Chanting Maniacs Shut Down Israel Event

Those who disrupt events donā€™t seem to care about conversations that might lead to their stated objectives,
Do you mean that you can talk to someone on campus and that will keep your uncle's house from being bulldozed? WOW!

How does your nonsense address the post?
I am just pointing out that it will do no good to talk to some Zionist flunk on campus.

Actually, youā€™re pointing out that the article left you befuddled.

Would a YouTube video with bright colors and requiring less reading be helpful?

Those who disrupt events donā€™t seem to care about conversations that might lead to their stated objectives,
Do you mean that you can talk to someone on campus and that will keep your uncle's house from being bulldozed? WOW!

I am just pointing out that it will do no good to talk to some Zionist flunk on campus.

My post responded to a post about conversation. What is there to talk about?

My post responded to a post about conversation. What is there to talk about?

When youā€™re befuddled, raise your hand and ask for help.

Forum List

Back