🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

BREAKING: Mass school shooting multiple victims

True but thoughtless.

Consider:

1. Put aside the Second Amendment for a moment.
2. License anyone who wants to own, possess or have in his or her custody and control a firearm.
3. Require everyone of those guns to be registered.
4. Allow those who choose not to apply for a license and own guns to surrender them to local LE.
5. Require gun safes and /or trigger locks on all guns in the home or business unless actually under the custody and control of a licensed person.

It can be done, but there is no will to do so. The NRA and many gun owners care only about their right not be infringed, and have a who cares attitude for those who lost their lives yesterday, and their family and friends.

I'd bet some of them would support 2 & 3 in a moment if it would save the life of one of their children; the rest probably wouldn't since it's all about them.

And how would that have stopped this shooting?

That's a rhetorical question, because we know for a fact it would not.

California Virgin in Isla Vista bought 3 guns in California, a state that has ALL of those A handgun certification, registration, waiting period, universal background checks, mandatory gun locks...and he still committed mass murder with both knives, guns and his car as weapons.

Gun law experts have said that there was nothing in his known history that prevented him from making legal gun purchases.[5]

2014 Isla Vista killings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Who said it would stop a shooting? i could walk out my house right now and shoot someone.

My point exactly. If it won't prevent these shootings, what exactly is the point?
There is none, except to facilitate the deaths of the innocent.
Its sad when people cant see further than a few feet in front of them.

More nonsense from anti-gun loons who happily use the blood of innocents to push their mindless, bigoted agenda.
:dunno:

More lack of concern for innocents slaughtered by a firearm; your right not to be infringed is more important to you than the life of a human being. Who or what made you into the POS you are today?

More nonsense from anti-gun loons who happily use the blood of innocents to push their mindless, bigoted agenda.
:dunno:
More lack of concern for innocents slaughtered by a firearm; your right not to be infringed is more important to you than the life of a human being. Who or what made you into the POS you are today?
Says he who is happy to see more innocent blood on his tree of sanity.
:lol:

True but thoughtless.

Consider:

2. License anyone who wants to own, possess or have in his or her custody and control a firearm.
4. Allow those who choose not to apply for a license and own guns to surrender them to local LE.
5. Require gun safes and /or trigger locks on all guns in the home or business unless actually under the custody and control of a licensed person.

It can be done, but there is no will to do so. The NRA and many gun owners care only about their right not be infringed, and have a who cares attitude for those who lost their lives yesterday, and their family and friends.

I'd bet some of them would support 2 & 3 in a moment if it would save the life of one of their children; the rest probably wouldn't since it's all about them.

California Virgin in Isla Vista bought 3 guns in California, a state that has ALL of those A handgun certification, registration, waiting period, universal background checks, mandatory gun locks...and he still committed mass murder with both knives, guns and his car as weapons.

Gun law experts have said that there was nothing in his known history that prevented him from making legal gun purchases.[5]

Who said it would stop a shooting? i could walk out my house right now and shoot someone.

My point exactly. If it won't prevent these shootings, what exactly is the point?
Instill a culture that gradually takes hold and punish those that break the law in the meanwhile.

I'll tell you what...prove it. Let's do something radical and punish those who break existing laws.

At the time of Johnson's arrest he was on probation for carrying a concealed weapon charge in which the conviction was withheld. On Thursday, Johnson was found guilty of violating probation and of the initial charge. Sentencing has yet to be set.

Read more here: Bradenton man faces up to life in prison after being convicted of armed robberies, sexual battery

SANTA CRUZ -- Less than three weeks after he was sentenced to probation for carrying a concealed weapon, Brandon Aaron Thomas was arrested Saturday on suspicion of killing an 18-year-old in a drive-by shooting in Santa Cruz.

Santa Cruz killing: Two men arrested, one just out on probation

Groman was the second Baltimore police officer shot this year. Sgt. Keith McNeil, who was ambushed at an auto repair shop in March, "has a long way to go," Deputy Commissioner Jerry Rodriguez, the commander of the Professional Standards and Accountability Bureau, says.

Rodriguez says Jones' criminal background illustrates what police are up against these days. "At age 19 this individual is already on parole and probation," he says, adding that three of his prior arrests were for gun-related crimes.

"If they complied, at best they faced maybe a citation. They would be on their way in 10 to 15 minutes," Rodriguez tells the assembled media.

But that cannot be true for Jones who, being caught by police with a gun while on probation for other gun crimes, would certainly have faced another arrest at the very least.

Police announce arrest in shooting of officer

Rogers is on felony probation for carrying a loaded firearm without registration.

Officers say they had a warrant for Rogers who is accused of attempted murder, criminal gang activity and sex offenses issued in Minot, North Dakota on July 1.

Rogers was arrested and taken into custody for the active warrant and for a violation of probation.

Man arrested in Bakersfield on warrant for attempted murder from North Dakota

True but thoughtless.

Consider:

Instill a culture that gradually takes hold and punish those that break the law in the meanwhile.

I'll tell you what...prove it. Let's do something radical and punish those who break existing laws.

At the time of Johnson's arrest he was on probation for carrying a concealed weapon charge in which the conviction was withheld. On Thursday, Johnson was found guilty of violating probation and of the initial charge. Sentencing has yet to be set.

Read more here: Bradenton man faces up to life in prison after being convicted of armed robberies, sexual battery

SANTA CRUZ -- Less than three weeks after he was sentenced to probation for carrying a concealed weapon, Brandon Aaron Thomas was arrested Saturday on suspicion of killing an 18-year-old in a drive-by shooting in Santa Cruz.

Santa Cruz killing: Two men arrested, one just out on probation

Groman was the second Baltimore police officer shot this year. Sgt. Keith McNeil, who was ambushed at an auto repair shop in March, "has a long way to go," Deputy Commissioner Jerry Rodriguez, the commander of the Professional Standards and Accountability Bureau, says.

Rodriguez says Jones' criminal background illustrates what police are up against these days. "At age 19 this individual is already on parole and probation," he says, adding that three of his prior arrests were for gun-related crimes.

"If they complied, at best they faced maybe a citation. They would be on their way in 10 to 15 minutes," Rodriguez tells the assembled media.

But that cannot be true for Jones who, being caught by police with a gun while on probation for other gun crimes, would certainly have faced another arrest at the very least.

Police announce arrest in shooting of officer

Rogers is on felony probation for carrying a loaded firearm without registration.

Officers say they had a warrant for Rogers who is accused of attempted murder, criminal gang activity and sex offenses issued in Minot, North Dakota on July 1.

Rogers was arrested and taken into custody for the active warrant and for a violation of probation.

Man arrested in Bakersfield on warrant for attempted murder from North Dakota
I dont need to prove something that is common sense. We know that people conform over time. We know that punishment deters some people. Its not rocket science.

I dont need to prove something that is common sense. We know that people conform over time. We know that punishment deters some people. Its not rocket science.

But we don't punish...look at those examples.

Probation, probation, probation.

We need to get serious about enforcing existing gun laws with incarceration, not probation.

We need to get serious about enforcing existing gun laws with incarceration, not probation.
We need to punish. Thats why we need harsher sentencing or better gun laws. There is no reason why we are locking people up for smoking weed but not when they have a gun.

We need to punish. Thats why we need harsher sentencing or better gun laws. There is no reason why we are locking people up for smoking weed but not when they have a gun.

If I could, I would thank this post twice.

Oregon shooting: Gunman had white supremacy leanings and was obsessed with guns, source says
"[name oblitterated from history], the shooter in the attack at Umpqua Community College in Oregon, was obsessed with guns and religion and had white supremacy leanings, according to a federal law enforcement source familiar with the investigation."
Wont be long before the anti-gun loons seek to make it illegal for people to have guns because of what they think.

Oregon shooting: Gunman had white supremacy leanings and was obsessed with guns, source says

"[name oblitterated from history], the shooter in the attack at Umpqua Community College in Oregon, was obsessed with guns and religion and had white supremacy leanings, according to a federal law enforcement source familiar with the investigation."

Yet the Slimes never bothers to back it up.

And wasn't the scumbag shooter "mixed race?"

oregon-suspected-shooter.jpg

{An online dating profile that appears to belong to Mercer lists his hobbies and interests as "Internet, killing zombies, movies, music, reading." Under ethnicity, it says "mixed race" and his relationship status says "single -- never married."}
What we know about Oregon shooter Chris Harper Mercer

Could somebody please explain to me the normal procedure to buy a gun? Also does each State have a gun register so that all owners are on a central database?

Could somebody please explain to me the normal procedure to buy a gun? Also does each State have a gun register so that all owners are on a central database?
Very few of the states require registration.
There are two ways to buy a gun:
-Go to a dealer, pick it out, undergo a background check, pay for the gun, take the gun home.
-Go to a private individual, pay for the gun, take it home.

Of course they have the right. They do it all the time. Its called amendments.

Why would you want to give the "man" that kind of power over you? What about all those "racists" who want to hold you down. You know, the man, whitey. :D
What power am I giving them? What about the racists? I still have my gun to kill them should they attack me in my home.

You want the government to be able to "control" people's rights. The only people that such controls effect are the people that care about the law. Do you really think people who would commit mass murder care or would not find some other way to do as much damage as possible?

Your strawman has been noted and I will address it. The government already controls your rights. How did you not know that? Who said people determined to commit mass murder would not find another way?

You blaming the tool and trying to gain control over a tool. It's never going to work. It's just delusional and avoidance of what the ACTUAL problem might be with society.

Q. What are the ACTUAL problems.

A. Many:
  • Poverty
  • Education
  • Jobs
  • Mental Health
  • Partisanship
  • Ignorance
  • Selfishness
  • Racism
  • Bigotry
  • Wedge Issues
and the greatest problem is The Congress,

Very few of the states require registration.
There are two ways to buy a gun:
-Go to a dealer, pick it out, undergo a background check, pay for the gun, take the gun home.
-Go to a private individual, pay for the gun, take it home.

Thanks, isn't there an issue with the second method because that doesn't require a background check. Do you think Americans would accept a system where they can just buy from a gun shop. Sorry one more question does that background check cover just the State or is it USA wide.

Australia had a mass shooting, got rid of the guns and hasn't had one since.

The bottom line is, here in America most of us are willing to put up with these occasional tragedies, but we're not willing to give up our 2nd Amendment rights.
There will be more and more laws and restrictions, but a roundup is off the table.

Glad you have made that decision for everyone. The dead have no constituency.

Said it once, said it a hundred times; what has to happen is that a powerful rightwing lawmaker, unfortunately, will have to lose a child in one of these senseless acts to awaken the rest of the nation to the needless slaughter.

And then what ? Again, you can have all the restrictions for new purchases you want, but that won't put a dent in the hundreds of millions of guns already out among the general population.

True but thoughtless.

Consider:

You just don't get it!
The VAST VAST majority of gun owners have gone through all the 'registration' requirements and fucking on and on and on!
These people are law abiding people who have/will NEVER get into ANY sort of trouble with the law. Leave them fucking ALONE!
It's only insane people the fucking LIBs don't want to spend money treating medically and the fucking thugs who commit 99.9999999% of the gun crimes.
GO AFTER THESE people for Christ sake BOBO has turned a blind eye to the horrific murder rates in the inner cities among negroes. Fucking BLAME HIM!
How many negroes were murdered by other negroes USING ILLEGAL GUNS last week? BOBO stands up and never says a fucking word about these victims. Why? Because he is just enough of a fucking cynical SOB to understand at this point he must not do ANYTHING to piss off the DNC negro base. Fucking sickening.

Forum List

Back