Breaking: Obama Orders U.S. Military Personnel To Submit To The Sharia During Ramadan

And we are doing this why?
Not to piss these people off...

Kind of late for that.No?

Maybe because it's the law in the Kingdom of Bahrain - which is a sovereign (and wealthy) country that's a long standing ally of ours in the Middle East and graciously hosts our military bases?

The laws apply only off-base, anyway.

• Banned
A true natural born Citizen president born with sole allegiance to the U.S. through two U.S. citizen parents (like all other post grandfather clause presidents except Chester Arthur) would never be allowing this to happen. This is totally against our American principles.

Unbelievable: US military personnel forced to submit to the sharia during Ramadan |

American Military personnel in allied countries are subject to the laws of the country they're in.
Does Islam allows believers to be exempt from prayer?

A true natural born Citizen president born with sole allegiance to the U.S. through two U.S. citizen parents (like all other post grandfather clause presidents except Chester Arthur) would never be allowing this to happen. This is totally against our American principles.

Unbelievable: US military personnel forced to submit to the sharia during Ramadan |

American Military personnel in allied countries are subject to the laws of the country they're in.
Does Islam allows believers to be exempt from prayer?

We're not discussing what "Islam" allows, we're talking about the laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain.

No eating, drinking, alcohol, smoking during the month of Ramadan.

They can't eat or drink for a month? :lol:

During daylight.

They can eat after the sun goes down.

And again, that doesn't apply on base.

Yeah I figured it doesn't apply on base. My laughter is directed at the op's hyperbole and overreaction.

If you're a soldier in a foreign country, expect to abide by their rules when you're off base.

Last edited:
why didn't you quote anything from your link? I'm not going to click on one of your zany rw links like newsmaax or breitbart :talktothehand:

doesn't mention OBAMA'S role in the Military's requirement to respect Ramadan customs while in public. But hell, why tell the truth when a lie reinforces the wingnuts psycopathic world view so much better. Gee, our poor boys can't drink a cup of coffee in public. These pussies just love to blow this shit up. I'm sure the women and men of the forces know before they go overseas what laws and customs of the host country they will have to obey. These guys can cry and whine all they like, they won't be joning the idiots in their tantrums. This shit is a cakewalk compared to what they are asked to sacrifice in the line of duty to their country every day of the year.

LINK: The Stars and Stripes

While not required to fast during Ramadan, in Bahrain, Americans can be fined or detained by local authorities for eating, drinking or smoking in public when off-base during daylight hours.

Navy officials are requiring U.S. personnel to dress more conservatively off-base during Ramadan. Although not a requirement by Bahraini authorities, the Navy is demanding that men wear long-sleeved shirts and women wear sleeved blouses that cover their elbows. Also, men must wear long trousers, and women should wear pants or skirts that cover the knees.

Things to Know During Ramadan

Eating, drinking, chewing and smoking in public are civil offenses in some Islamic countries.
Men should wear long sleeves and pants. Women’s sleeves should extend below the elbow and pants or skirts should cover the knees.
Avoid critical remarks about fasting or any religious practice.
Most restaurants will be closed except those in 4- and 5-star hotels.
Businesses alter and reduce hours during the day; some open at night until early morning hours.
Arabs are good hosts and may offer you food or refreshments during daylight hours. Such offers should be declined.
All consumption of alcohol by U.S. military personnel is prohibited at any off base public venue in the U.S. Navy 5th Fleet Area of Responsibility during Ramadan.
It’s customary to say ‘Ramadan Kareem’ during Ramadan.

Last edited:
This is much ado about nothing. When I was stationed in Oman, we were encouraged not to eat or drink or smoke IN PUBLIC during daylight hours. At home or at the embassy, business as usual.

My biggest complaint about Ramadan was dealing with Muslims during the day. No drinking leads to horrible all-day morning breath. Yuck!

Forum List

Back